PDA

View Full Version : Capcom's mystery fighter?

ZeZipster
07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
2Dΐi (http://www.capcom.co.jp/2d_kakutou/)

Guesses? I've heard Sammy VS. Capcom, Street Fighter 4 (not likely), and handful of sequel guesses (MvsC3, CvsS3, CFJ2, and the like).

Personally, I think the only 2D fighter that deserves hype like this is SF4.

JKTrix
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I think the quote on the site says it's going to be an Original fighting game, the first Original game from Capcom in 3 years. It's probably something brand new, not a spinoff/sequel/collaboration.

Whatever it is, I hope it:
a) is good
b) comes to America.

Siliconera Capcom developing a brand new 2D fighting game (http://www.siliconera.com/2007/07/02/capcom-developing-a-brand-new-2d-fighting-game/)

ZeZipster
07-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I think the quote on the site says it's going to be an Original fighting game, the first Original game from Capcom in 3 years. It's probably something brand new, not a spinoff/sequel/collaboration.

Whatever it is, I hope it:
a) is good
b) comes to America.

Siliconera Capcom developing a brand new 2D fighting game (http://www.siliconera.com/2007/07/02/capcom-developing-a-brand-new-2d-fighting-game/)

you forgot:
c) isn't a handheld game
d) isn't a copy and paste job like CFJ.

But yeah, whatever it is, they have my attention.

Lawr
07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Yay! I can bring two of my friends!

Dreddz
07-07-2007, 12:14 AM
This is good timing, theres not many fighters at the moment im really interested in. Besides Tekken 6 and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. Im happy to welcome any new fighters these days.

Only question is, what system will this game be on?

KentaRawr!
07-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Only question is, what system will this game be on?

2D Fighters generally don't demand much in terms of system power, but I would personally like it to be on the 360, if only one console. It generally seems to be the best system for a competitive game, mostly because X-Box Live is pure awesomesauce from what I hear.

Lawr
07-08-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm expecting PS2 obviously. Or maybe the PS3 with a PS2 port.

NeoCracker
07-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm hoping PS3, simply because of the superior Graphics ability, more disc space for fighters, arenas, and larger movesets, and I prefer the controlor. Though I don't care what it comes out for.

Though as much as I love the Wii, I'm hoping its one of the others. Simply because I want a Wii for the Wii Mote abilities, and I don't think those go so hot with Fighters.

JKTrix
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
It's going to be a 2d fighting game. It doesn't need 'next-gen power'. This is coming to arcades in Japan first according to the article.

Depending how it is, I think it might be released first (in Japan) for PS2 and Wii--like GGXXAC. If/when it comes to America, it will likely come for the 360 as well. Capcom likes the 360.

Dreddz
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Sengoku Basara X (http://www.racketboy.com/retro/fighting/2007/07/capcoms-new-2d-fighter-revealed-sengoku-basara-x.html)

Boooo! Devil Kings were such lame games, why make a spin-off of such a crappy franchise? On the plus side, its being made by Arc Systems, you know, that godly developer who made one of the best 2D fighting games franchises, Guilty Gear. With Guilty Gear unfortunately heading out the window though, its good there still keeping it old school. From screenshots this fighter is already looking tasty.

Maxico
07-20-2007, 04:41 PM
2D Fighters generally don't demand much in terms of system power, but I would personally like it to be on the 360, if only one console. It generally seems to be the best system for a competitive game, mostly because X-Box Live is pure awesomesauce from what I hear.

While 2D fighters don't usually require much processing power, RAM is a severe bottleneck as games move to HD. Unless I'm mistaken, all 360 games are required to be able to output at a High Definition resolution. So unless they intend to use low res pixel art, the 360 may actually be less suitable for a 2D fighter than the Wii.

Proxy
07-23-2007, 07:12 AM
JKTrix got it right. It's gonna be 2-D. I doesn't need next gen material.
It's gonna be multi-platform.
I'll be surprised if it isn't.
God I hated the 3-D fighting games.
I'm glad Capcom has done something that other gaming companies could learn from.

JKTrix
07-23-2007, 12:39 PM
It's an arcade game. There hasn't been any mention of it coming to any consoles yet, but apparently the arcade system they're using makes it very easy to port to the PS2. I'll be surprised it if it ever makes it outside of Japan if it does get on consoles.

Slothy
07-23-2007, 02:11 PM
For those who say a 2D game doesn't need next-gen power, keep in mind the PS2 wasn't designed to handle 2D. There are quite a few 2D games for the system that just plain don't run that well as a result (Odin Sphere; much as I love you I'm looking at you). Might not matter in a Capcom fighting game, but then again, I've now been spoiled by Odin Sphere. It'd be nice to see Capcom come out with a fighting game that beautiful that didn't run like crap.

Maxico
07-23-2007, 03:09 PM
For those who say a 2D game doesn't need next-gen power, keep in mind the PS2 wasn't designed to handle 2D. There are quite a few 2D games for the system that just plain don't run that well as a result (Odin Sphere; much as I love you I'm looking at you). Might not matter in a Capcom fighting game, but then again, I've now been spoiled by Odin Sphere. It'd be nice to see Capcom come out with a fighting game that beautiful that didn't run like crap.

I'm not saying that 2D game don't require 'Next-Gen power', I'm saying that 'Next-Gen' consoles don't have the 'power' to do a PS2 level 2D game in HD.

Sure, they could use upscaled low resolution sprites, but in that case there's no reason for them not to port it to every other console.

Dreddz
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
It's an arcade game. There hasn't been any mention of it coming to any consoles yet

Yes there has, its coming to the Wii and PS2.

Markus. D
07-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Sengoku Basara X (http://www.racketboy.com/retro/fighting/2007/07/capcoms-new-2d-fighter-revealed-sengoku-basara-x.html)

Boooo! Devil Kings were such lame games, why make a spin-off of such a crappy franchise? On the plus side, its being made by Arc Systems, you know, that godly developer who made one of the best 2D fighting games franchises, Guilty Gear. With Guilty Gear unfortunately heading out the window though, its good there still keeping it old school. From screenshots this fighter is already looking tasty.

T___________T

The fighter better be about 70,000,000 times better.

Kanshisha
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Lol, playing this on the wii would be pretty involved eh?

JKTrix
07-24-2007, 12:38 PM
It's an arcade game. There hasn't been any mention of it coming to any consoles yet

Yes there has, its coming to the Wii and PS2.

Well, I don't not believe it. I figured it would happen, just hadn't seen it on the website.