PDA

View Full Version : Black labeled and Greatest hits Final Fantasy

Chocobo King
07-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I was wandering, im trying to get a few of the final fantasy's like Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology, then VII VIII and IX for replacement. Which one is better this greatest hits version or the original black labeled one?:confused:

I don't know if this is the right spot for this thread so...

Necronopticous
07-06-2007, 11:11 PM
They're the exact same game, just additional prints with slightly different packaging. Games get this treatment when they sell enough copies.

Moved -> General Final Fantasy

Chocobo King
07-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Ok nothing in the game is changed or added too, just packaging?

Necronopticous
07-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Yep. Most people prefer the original black labels because it is the original print of the games, but if you're not really a collector or anything you wouldn't ever know the difference.

Bolivar
07-07-2007, 02:41 AM
the only real complaint i have about greatest hits games (at least ps1 games that i know of) is that the inside of the booklet is gray rather than in color.

Slothy
07-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Granted I don't have any games in greatest hits and black label to compare them, but at least some greatest hits games (like MGS) had colour manuals. Then again, the only two Square games I own that are greatest hits are Parasite Eve and Chrono Cross, and both have black and white. It was probably just up to the publisher.

Chocobo King
07-07-2007, 10:34 PM
the only real complaint i have about greatest hits games (at least ps1 games that i know of) is that the inside of the booklet is gray rather than in color.

Ya even most of the ps2 greatest hits games have black and white inside the booklet. So i guess it dont matter which one i get. thanks guys