PDA

View Full Version : I need to lose my slump

Eiko Guy
07-07-2007, 06:53 AM
So I have few games now. Whether it be from them being broken or me finishing them making me lose interest. I need some great reccomenations.

Games I have:

.Hack 1-4
Dragon Quest VIII
Star Ocean 3
Kingdom Hearts
Phantom Brave
Thats it I have been out of the loop for a while now.
I have a PS2 and so many games I want and can get but don't have the motivation for it.

I need any good games that either are fun to the point of obsession. Or where I will be drawn into the characters powerfully.

Proxy
07-07-2007, 07:06 AM
I dunno. I'm like you at a standstill.
I own all 3 Xenosaga's, but I can't bring myself around to completing I, and playing II, III.
Try Star Wars Battlefront 2. That game is fantasticle

Markus. D
07-07-2007, 07:13 AM
does your computer run games very well?

Eiko Guy
07-07-2007, 07:51 AM
eh...I'm not a PC person.
I know a few games that are "good" but i'm not sure if they would be for me. Oh and I had starwars battlefront Im an amazing sniper.

Wolf Kanno
07-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Though I'm always quick to recommend Metal Gear and Guilty Gear (wow, maybe I just have an obsession with the word Gear...) you seem to be looking for RPG's. Xenosaga is pretty good (1 is really good, 2 is rather disappointing and 3 is :eek: this is amazing!), Disgaea 2 is pretty damn good. The Shin Megami Series is pretty good but I recommend Persona if you are looking for intricate storytelling. Either Persona 2 or wait for Persona 3 to be released.

For deep storybased games you can lose yourself in, I recommend Xenogears and Vagrant Story (both PS1 games). Xenogears is a story time sink, it's literally 60 hours of story but be prepared for some heavy text reading but seriously, the story and characters are really amazing and it has one of the best love stories in an rpg ever.

Breath of Fire series... any of them but 3-5 are the best IMHO. Also looks for Star Ocean 2, it has a much better storyline and likable cast than 3. :p

I don't know if you like politics or what not but check out the Suikoden series as well. It's a generational series but it's pretty damn fun. Also the stories have the awsome 27 True Runes which add a bit of fantasy fare for those turned off by politics. Suikoden 3 is a wonderful start for those trying to get into the series. This is partly due to 1 and 2 being impossible to find and expensive when found. Suikoden IV is sorta've a "black sheep" in the series but V is also another wonderful option but it has a heavy usage of politics whras III is more balanced and offers something for everyone.

Ramza Beoulve
07-07-2007, 08:33 AM
I agree with Wolf Kanno, and for other options, you said some game that draws you to the character powerfully, I would recomend Shadow of the Colossus.

Some say "It's boring because you only have to press one button to kill a colossus" or "You only have to beat them? booooring", but that's because they haven't tried to take one down, and they haven't played the game with the heart open and with attention.

The game itself is about loneliness, about the inhability to detach of the past. The only thing in the game is you, your loyal horse, the colossi, and the omnipresent Dormin.

The feelings you get from each fight are actually really powerful, and the ending... well, I'll let you check it yourself, but for me is one of the best endings I have ever seen.

Anyways, I warn you. You are completely alone, no towns, no dungeons, just powerful and deep feelings. And your loyal horse.

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Threads of Fate! It's so kewl!

Square will someday grant my one and only wish...I know they will :save:

Eiko Guy
07-07-2007, 08:46 AM
My next game is now SotC.

I can almost feel the shadow covering me now.
EMOtions decide if I will play games
^^ lol accident I swear.

escobert
07-07-2007, 09:03 AM
If your computer can run Guild Wars then get that :p

Rengori
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, and Disgaea 2. These are all obsessivley fun games.

Skyblade
07-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Get a GBA or DS, and pick up the Golden Sun and Fire Emblem games.

Craig
07-07-2007, 05:34 PM
For PS2? Kingdom Hearts 2, Resident Evil 4 and Shadow of the Colossus are my favourite games for that.

Vermachtnis
07-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, and Disgaea 2. These are all obsessivley fun games.

Eiko Guy
07-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Phantom brave is horrible. I dont want a game where I have to constantly repeat stages over and over to level up. It would be at least interesting if there was dialogue or a change in the stage. But that game just replaces the monsters in the exact positions over and over.

Rengori
07-07-2007, 10:51 PM
It's called random dungeon, make a high level one and tell your titlist to change the title to crap and all the monsters are super easy while you gain lots of levels.

But anyway, I would put Phantom Brave on the bottom of the list anyway, Disgaea and Makai Kingdom are way more fun anyway.

Rostum
07-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 are very good.

Nominus Experse
07-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Alpha Centauri
Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls
Fable

Laddy
07-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Tales Of Symphonia for Gamecube and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows Of Amn for the PC are amongst the best, period.