PDA

View Full Version : MMOMG

Araciel
07-07-2007, 05:26 PM
we all know about everquest and WoW and guildwars...but they've made MMOs based on some weird stuff....i heard of one MMO based on post-apocalyptic battle cars.... :S

so what's your crazy MMO idea?!

LunarWeaver
07-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I would buy an MMO where you and your friends play a bunch of children chasing a leprachaun because you want to mug him of his Lucky Charms cereal.

Eiko Guy
07-08-2007, 12:39 AM
I would kinda like a Naruto MMO *mightyguards self*
I know there would be a whole bunch of people that would try and emulate the characters but if they are forced to do things selectively it could become great MMO.

Jessweeee♪
07-08-2007, 01:28 AM
There's a fun stick person MMO out there you can play on your browser!

Laddy
07-08-2007, 01:40 AM
A multiplanet multidimension spiritual RPG in which religion affects how your character will progress. It would be fun, kind of angelic and stuff.

Mitch
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Dragonball Z!

T'would be epic.

Markus. D
07-08-2007, 07:03 PM
On the weekend I was ill and decided I wanted to play an MMORPG based of off the Gauntlet Dark Legacy universe >_<;;;... this is all I've typed up since last night. ~_~;

Gauntlet: Final Legend quick character overview.

Warrior > Weapons Master or Monk
Specializing in general heavy weapons these absolute tanks can rip through a group of monsters left with only a scratch…

Knight > Descendant or Crusader
Versatile persons in heavy clad armour can wield most weaponry and even wield a shield if needed; they can also enchant their weapons with magical buffs if needed and call upon the powers of the Claustrum to soothe allies or demoralize the enemy.

Scout > Trickster or Sniper
As the name suggests these dextrous beings descend from the Forest Realm and have learned to endure its harsh environment by setting/preparing traps with cunning and firing arrows at an alarming speed.

Magician > Elementalist or Necromancer
Calling upon the awe powers of nature and giving nurture to the dark arts they manage crowds at the back of the party and whither, vaporize, leech and dispel the life from enemies.

Advanced characters – When you reach level 70 you can undertake a challenge and advance your character into further heights of power.

Weapons Master
Wields many weapons with perfect stance and style. Sporting quite a lot of HP they can outlast most onslaughts and take on another straight after. Another feature is that they can switch between 3 weapons when in a battle environment and have an accelerated rate of weapon mastery.

Monk
Out of all the classes this one gains the biggest Life bonus. Quick when attacking they exploit the direct potency of Martial Arts and regenerative abilities for awe-inspiring upkeep.

Descendant
Calling upon the powers of the Sky they can imbue weapons with the finest enchantments, heal the deepest wounds and even unleash chaotic fragments of the sky itself.

Crusader
The most holy of heroes purifies areas with holy light and smites the most demonic without care. Their bond with the Claustrum is so intense they can also protect themselves with its energies.

Trickster
Taught by demi-gods they have learned to abuse illusion and the senses of others.
It is believed that they could set a room full of traps in a blink of an eye. Or abuse shadows and assassinate a foe before it knew what was happening.

Sniper
In the Great War there was only one Sniper among many scouts that could shoot more arrows than the other thousand or so at 2 folds quantity put together. They had an eye for hitting a weak spot shooting arrows at such a speed that they would pierce the tissues of reality before making contact with an enemy.

Elementalist
Quickly gathering the required element looks inspiring to watch. They attack from afar before the enemy has a chance to strike back. Considered tyrants for their reckless approach to the battlefield.

Necromancer
Almost fiendish people that summon cursed champions that have a want to rest in peace. They also have an incredible vampire-like magic to turn to when they need healing all through the control of a wand… perhaps the power has them in a sense of possession.

Titles – quick description
As you accomplish certain feats within a battle area you can gain titles that you can equip one of to your character for many beneficial effects. Examples.

Alchemical Abuser – Gained using to many potions throughout your journey, +10% HP recovered when using potion type items.

Gargoyle Slayer – Gained by slaying 56 different Gargoyle, +20% Running Speed bonus.

Weapons – quick overview
The weapon is the pinnacle of survival for most classes. They can give different bonuses depending on the individual weapons. And learn weapon specific skills through usage. Use these along with your choice-learned Character abilities and you will pull through most situations. Most weapons have a total of 10-12 skills to learn, you can bring up to 2 weapons with you at any time.

Weapon Types
List of weapon types.
Axes
Wands
Daggers
Great Axes
Hand-To-Hand
Polearms
Scythes
Staves
Swords
Machine Bows

Character Abilities, statistics and Skills
When you level up you gain a total of 3 points to advance any skill unlocked through purchase at your character’s own training grounds. You also gain 8 points to put into statistics to enhance survivability and effectiveness.

Life force – Though you character gains a certain amount of HP per level up (dependant on character type) it can always help to have that little extra. Also raises natural armour.

Mana force - Though you character gains a certain amount of MP per level up (dependant on character type) it can always help to have that little extra especially if you lack it, also raises Mana regeneration.

Strength – Your potency of attack when using most melee-weapons slightly raises the chance of receiving 1 damage when being attacked.

Dexterity – Your potency of attack when using ranged weapons (Stave and Wand included) and also shoots your attack speed right up, hit rate also rises with this attribute’s level.

Intelligence – Decides the spell potency of most magical based skills, raises casting speed for skills and magic alike.

meh...~

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
A Pokemon MMORPG would be the most freaking awesome game ever. I've discussed this in great length with other people.

ReloadPsi
07-09-2007, 03:38 AM
A Pokemon MMORPG would be the most freaking awesome game ever. I've discussed this in great length with other people.

Yeah, I'd love to play one of these.

How about a Final Fantasy MMORPG that's better than FFXI too?

Markus. D
07-09-2007, 03:50 AM
psssh. Play it first.

Rostum
07-09-2007, 04:58 AM

SE do plan on making a new MMO, not sure if it'll recieve the Final Fantasy title though.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2007, 05:00 AM

SE do plan on making a new MMO, not sure if it'll recieve the Final Fantasy title though.

The only thing I don't like about FFXI is the music :cry:

Markus. D
07-09-2007, 06:24 AM

As long as you like Rolanberry Fields :3

Rostum
07-09-2007, 06:26 AM

As long as you like Rolanberry Fields :3

Heaven's Tower is my favourite piece.

Avarice-ness
07-09-2007, 06:41 AM
I'd like -full- custom made characters, like the sims where you can fill out personality points, basically OTHER THAN QUEST GIVERS there could be people in towns that may appear standoffish to you due to the personality traits you set your character too. Say you set a trait to be arrogance, and you find a person that sends you to a quest giver in a town, instead of nice normal kind peasant as seen in normal games, you'd get a peasant that would be harsh or cold in words, talk about your arrogant stance, where your character would respond through an ingame like "choose your answer" system to them, which would most likely just provoke the peasant to get mad and send you where you needed to go. Whereas! Someone who put something more points in humble would be treated well by the person who sends you to the quest giver. Maybe even get some trinket or something, and keeping it fair the ammounts of extra items would be equal throughout the different personalities.
Something with the Sims kind of character maker, that responds to an MMO like world. It would not only give the character your playing more personality game wise, but even the NPC's would have more personality than the same set things that are normal for NPC's.

Personally I would like an MMO that gives you a choice of like the EVERYTHINGS GOT PEOPLE IN IT Sever like WoW or the Go to town to deal with humans like Guild wars, because personally the human interaction in WoW is too much for me.

I think that if anything is done with a FF title for another MMO. I'd personally would like it to be something based around FF:Tactics. Character Design wise and just the whole feel of it would prolly keep me playing for a while.

Then again, I think something Seiken Densetsu based would be anything I could ever ask for. If you think about it, -alot- of the games tie together via towns and storylines, and I wouldn't mind a bit being able to run around any of those worlds.

HI2ULICHCRAZYBATTLEOMGNOWAYMYVALKERIEDIEDANDMYSPRITESHAMMY'SGOTNOMOREMANASTOCASTUNDINEOHNEVERMINDITS DEADILOSE.

If there could be a middleground to that and Seiken Densetsu lore in an MMO, I'd be all over it like a holy man all over the temple in Wendel.
I made myself giggle 'cause I'mma nerd. :razz:

Wolf Kanno
07-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Though I would love a Seiken Denetsu and FFTactics MMO's as well as Pokemon (come on Nintedo, get off your lazy ass:mad: ) There are a few others I could think of.

A friend and I are actually working out the details of an Occult MMO, :cool: The main focus is empowering the player to actually affect the world around them.

Besides that... I wanted to make a MMO about pulling off intricate heists. You create a thief with special talents and basically work through an underground network to find partners to help you pull off amazing heists. Think of it as a cross between Oceans 11 and Lupin the III. You would need to scope the place out, check the security systems and find people with hacking skills, make-up and disguses, weapons, stealth, lock picking, and even explosives. The missions you would be challenging and sometimes amusing.

Nominus Experse
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I want a Pokemon MMOMG

Or a game where everyone is a certain home appliance

Avarice-ness
07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I want a Pokemon MMOMG

Or a game where everyone is a certain home appliance

And you know what, it's always the most wonky of games that end up becoming the most addicting and fun.

Araciel
07-09-2007, 05:54 PM
no one said suikoden this time....world of suikoden would be my dream

and yes, using the 'world of' prefix might make it sound like a ripoff...but think of all the different regions in the games so far...they could open up harmonia!

Bunny
07-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm too protective of my precious Suikoden to want them to make an MMO of it. They would ruin it absolutely.

I would enjoy a well thought out Dungeons & Dragons MMO. I believe they have some sort of game like this, but I haven't heard many good things about it.

Araciel
07-09-2007, 08:14 PM
ah i can see that happening also, you're right.

also, DDO (D&D Online) is pretty lametastic....they had a period where you could download the game and play it free for a week when it was first released but...it wasn't worth bothering with. the combat system will never work and people obsessed with the rules of the game will see to that