PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Spear trouble (possible spoilers)

Lunatic Pandora
07-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey guys. Lately I've been trying to go for the Zodiac Spear early in the game but I'm having trouble making it back out of the Necrohol of Nabudis. I'm at the point in game where you first get to the Silikawood and I just beat the Bomb King dude. My party is around level 35 but I just can't seem to make it out of the Necrohol alive. I'm healing my party every time I change screens, but the amount of enemies that pop up are just overwhelming.

Does anybody have any tips or pointers on how to avoid alot of these aggro enemies? I never seem to get the chance to heal on the way out because when I change screens the enemies are standing right there on the new screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hyperion4444
07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
One way to avois them, just place one team member active and run to the next place, if he/she dies, change for another.

Tigmafuzz
07-07-2007, 08:09 PM
you're not supposed to get it that early on in the game. I didn't get it until the part where you're supposed to beat the 3 extremely powerful monsters with the medallions.

Lunatic Pandora
07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Well yeah, I figured it was going to be tough getting it but I decided to take the first opportunity I got. I figured having the most powerful weapon in the game at the earliest stage possible would only help me. Plus, getting there and back is half the fun.

Hyperion4444, when you say to put one character "active" do you mean in the lead of the party or only one character in the party at a time?

Thanks for the tip.

Tigmafuzz
07-07-2007, 09:34 PM
if you level up more it might work

chrystalline
07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I got the ZS early, around the same level as you.

You can't get it by fighting the baknamys, they are really tough. Best you can do is run using one character. Protect, shell and float then run as fast as you can. Change party member when it's KO'd then revive them when you're in a clear area.

It's definitely doable, like I said I was around that level and I heard some people have tried to get it as soon as you they finished Raithwall's Tomb.

Warning though, it will make the game ridiculously easy. I mean at that level, once you get ZS, you'll most likely just one hit the monsters. :D

Lunatic Pandora
07-08-2007, 06:24 AM
Ahhh, I gotcha. Thanks! That worked like a charm. I just put Vaan as the only member in the party and he didn't even get close to dying. Every now and then I'd use Curaga and put Ashe out there to put up Protect and Shell, but that was so much easier than using a full party of 3 to do the work.

Getting there was never really the problem. It was getting out that was a pain in the ass.

Thanks again guys,

Bomber
07-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Getting it may be easy, but getting the license for it might be another story. Unless, of course, you don't bother acquiring other important licenses, which I don't recommend...