PDA

View Full Version : Tan

Rye
07-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I am battling my sickly paleness by reading on a pool chair for a few hours when I'm not busy. I am developing TAN LINES. TAN LINES. Maybe by the end of the summer, I'll look somewhat like my true Italian heritage. Though I'm Northern Italian, so it's not like we're all that of a tan bunch anyway. But I used to tan so easily and I'd get really dark, so I'm going to try again!

Do you tan easily? Do you have a tan right now?

rubah
07-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Man I can opposite over adjacent like anybody's business.

I am not tan. I suspect I'll probably live out my life this way. I don't think girls with britons in their background are supposed to be tan anyways.

Jessweeee♪
07-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I tan easily, but I don't go out in the sun much, so you couldn't tell :p

Rye
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM

I was just waiting for a trig joke. xD I was not dissapointed.

Zeldy
07-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I burn. I may get a slight tan, and I did do on my Duke of Edinburgh walk as it was during a bloody HEATWAVE, and I had lines were my walking boots were, and I can never tan my legs, even abroad D: so that was wierd.

If I do tan, its only really mild and usually fades. Im slightly irish, so I have sensitive skin which sucks with sun.

Baloki
07-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I remember Tan, didn't he get banned years ago?

escobert
07-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty pale atm. If I could be arsed to go outside I would tan.

Shoeberto
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I tan easily. I don't have to spend a whole lot of time outside to get some color in my skin.

I also have bad farmer's tan. But I don't care for going outside without a shirt on, so that's sort of a consequence of that.

Doomie
07-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I can tan easily, but just don't have the patience to sit out in the sun. I like how I am now, so it doesn't bug me.

Shiny
07-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Tan lines suck. I do tan easily when I'm in the sun for a little while. I have sort of half tan now. I have like a Beyonce skin color right now, but my true tan sways more towards bronze or brown. But meh, atleast it's better than that horrid discolored paleness I was during the winter.

Rocket Edge
07-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I tan pretty easily, but I can burn fairly easily too. I've got a good tan at the moment, because i'm out on holidays.

Faris
07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I burn a lot more easily than I do tan, but lately I've been tanning. I don't like it, I'm not as pale white as I used to be. I can't scare myself in the morning anymore. =(

Mirage
07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
There's only one thing to do with tanlines. Sunbathe in the nude.

Meat Puppet
07-08-2007, 06:37 AM
My forearms tan fine, like I’m some wife-beating truck driver. The rest of my body just seems to burst into flames.

Nominus Experse
07-08-2007, 07:06 AM
A small portion of me is of Cherokee decent. I believe this an adequate explanation as to why I seem to tan easily, even though I have the common European-mutt white skin.

I prefer pale women, though. Porcelain is sexy.

Proxy
07-08-2007, 07:11 AM
I tan pretty easily.
Anyone having trouble tanning that wants to, here's a tip: Baby Oil.
Don't sit out too long, 1 hour MOST for the first few times, it'll look like you're burned, but moisturize, and it should turn into an awesome tan.
I still need to get out & do more, but time is rather hard to come by.

Markus. D
07-08-2007, 07:18 AM
I tan easily.

I'm pale at the moment though.

:3

Namelessfengir
07-08-2007, 07:25 AM
i tan fine if i get total coverage the fact is that i need to pulse it. i was raking hay with no shirt for about four hours and my back practicly boiled!!! i was leaking for days but it was nice on cold nights cool breeze warm back

and a few weeks ago for some reason i fried my scalp, how the hell does that happen?

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I have a friend with the most obscure tan lines from playing softball. She's got tan lines on her knees. It's freaking hilarious.

Do I tan? Maybe I'll revive this thread in about two months after I've lived in Miami for a while and give a definitive answer.

rubah
07-08-2007, 10:18 AM
no! he just left like less than a year ago!

~~

Sergeant Hartman
07-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Tan no, sunburn yes.

Lynx
07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
im italian i have a natrual tan :)

Shlup
07-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I prefer to not cook my skin.

PALE POWER!

But, yeah, I'm still pale but I have some pretty rockin' tan lines from teaching P.E.

Anaisa
07-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I can only recall getting tanned once. So since it was only a one off, I'm not sure whether I tan easily or not. I have pale skin. I like pale skin, so I don't want a tan.

Dreddz
07-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Well im hardly going to get a tan with the weather London's been getting recently.

Mitch
07-08-2007, 01:19 PM
It's not easy or hard for me, I just seldom get around to doing it. Also, winter.

kikimm
07-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I tan fairly easily, but I don't really like being out in the sun for too long. So I have no tan now. And that's the way I like it. I'm not pale, though.

Peegee
07-08-2007, 06:35 PM

Wow you've gotten loads better at math!

I can tan but I usually don't (it's cuz I gained weight so I don't see a point being topless any more BOO)

My legs however don't like to tan. Grrrr :(

PS: Tan is an asian surname. ^_^

daggertrepe
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I tan ok...I supposed.

Freya
07-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I have tan lines from the 4th of july. I was out doing things with friends in my bikini and shorts. Normaly i'm pale but lately i've been trying this new thing called having a life, so far it's caused a bit redness here and there but overall it seems effective.

Tavrobel
07-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm usually pale, so I guess the ease of tanning is just to get me back up to normal.

Iceglow
07-08-2007, 10:27 PM
I have a semi permanent tan (my skin on my arms generally looks tanned all year round) but my hairy body has dark brown hairs so that makes it easier to look tanned.

MoonZapdos
07-11-2007, 04:35 AM
I tan quite easily and I am tanned right now. And that was after 6 hours of beach. >.>

Araciel
07-11-2007, 04:41 AM
i tan really well thanks to my mixed heritage, but right now i still haven't been out and naked enough to tan properly...i should do that soon.

Værn
07-11-2007, 06:03 AM
I wear coats/sweaters all the time, even in 95-100 degree weather, just so I don't get tanned. The darkest part of my body would be my hands, because I'm always misplacing my gloves =(

Dynast-Kid
07-11-2007, 06:31 AM
I have a perpetual tan all year long. Even in the harshest winter. I could stay inside for years and still have a tan. I'm not sure why, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that i'm 4/5 African American...I'm not sure though.

Zeromus_X
07-11-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm pretty pale atm. If I could be arsed to go outside I would tan.

Although I'd bet it wouldn't take long to get a better tan if I'd spend more time outside.

StarlightAngel
07-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I don't really go out enough to tan, but I got burned pretty badly over the weekend when I went out for some hours in a tank top and shorts without sunscreen. In my defense, I was not totally conscious when I was ushered out the door, and thus sunscreen did not occur to me (comes from not having much to do with the usual summer-y activities).

My shoulders are just now beginning to hurt less ):

Hambone
07-11-2007, 07:47 AM
OMG! SUN! IT BURNS!

Yuffie514
07-11-2007, 08:32 AM
i've always had tanned skin and my moms always tell others that i'm dark skinned.

Jess
07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm naturally very pale, but once I get into the sun I tan really quickly. Shame England isn't very sunny at the moment. :jess:

tan
07-12-2007, 05:02 AM

:o!

I got z-lined from the chat room once though. Back when I was a bad n00b :(

Anyway, yes, I do tan pretty easily, but it goes away just as quickly.

And, btw rubah, that wasn't funny (well it was a little bit xD)! I was scared someone had decided to finally ban me for some random thing I apparently didn't do ;_;

atlanteay
07-12-2007, 05:07 AM
i'm pale but i don't tan easily. I would stay outside long enough till i can hardly stand up from the heat and the rays and my skin would still be deathly white. I also burn easily and once the burns are gone, it's back to my ghostly self

Miriel
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I think I've only got burned 2 or 3 times my whole life. And those were times when I was stupid and spent hours in the sun without any protection.

I tan a lot easier than I burn. I've been out in the sun a lot these past few weeks and I've acquired a nice golden hue. I really really hate tan lines though, but that can't really be helped as I'm not really that into laying out in the sun naked. I don't sit out in the sun anyhow. I like doing active stuff in the sun and I tan that way but I don't actually engage in the process of laying out and baking under the sun.

Jojee
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I tan way too easily and never burn ^^ It`s too bad I`m China / Japan-ing right now and their standard of beauty is paleness. I`m actually not as tan as I usually am in the summers atm.

Fonzie
07-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Just came back from the Frio River, so I got a pretty great tan on my back, and a decent one on my chest and limbs. I was burnt until I used some Aloe oil to make it go away.

cloud21zidane16
07-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm naturally very pale, but once I get into the sun I tan really quickly. Shame England isn't very sunny at the moment. :jess:

same here, when are we ever gonna get a good summer:mad: when its raining here its miserable when its hot its not nice its unbearable.

Northcrest
07-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't want to sound racist but I'm Black I don't tan at all. My Dad said that when he was in northern Italy they weren't that much dark.

SammieBabe
07-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Being Sicilian and from Florida, I'm perma-tanned. It takes alot for me to burn...