PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur II Perfect Game - videos

cloud21zidane16
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
thers a guy uploading videos on youtube showing how to get the excalibur II and everything else with it:cool: im posting this for all those that need help doing a challenge like this or just if you would like to see it can be done:)
Heres part 1
YouTube - FF IX Excalibur II Perfect Game - Part 1 Intro & Alexandria (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRDVkcn7wo)
So far its gone up to part 57 which is around entering the Iifa Tree for the second time, his almost 6 hours in. Oh yeah i forgot to say all his characters are also level 1:p

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 05:14 AM
I watched the first two. I have to say, it's pretty wicked.

SeeDRankLou
07-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Yeah, getting to Excalibur II in time is one thing, but doing this is a bitch, starting with the very first area. Getting 100 from the nobles in the first 2 or 3 tries is really annoying if you have trouble doing it (which I do).

Necronopticous
07-08-2007, 06:45 AM
This is something I have never done but aspire to do some time in the future.

Xurts
07-08-2007, 06:58 AM
So he even finds everything along the way? Although getting there in under 12 hours would be pretty cool, all you get for it is a sword. It doesn't teach any new skills or anything either, just an increase in attack power.

SeeDRankLou
07-08-2007, 08:07 AM
It's about getting the sword, not getting a new skill. It's a challenge, and a rather difficult one at that.

Xurts
07-08-2007, 05:46 PM
It's about getting the sword, not getting a new skill. It's a challenge, and a rather difficult one at that.
Not worth it, imo. Not at all.

Necronopticous
07-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Excalibur II was implemented into the game because speed challenges are popular for the Final Fantasy series and other RPGs in Japan. It's not meant for casual players to ever see or dream of getting, it's a reward for those hardcore players who would have beat the game in under 12 hours anyway.

Basically, don't worry about it.

Ouch!
07-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I've never been one for any sort of challenge on a game. I've replayed Final Fantasy IX multiple times, but I've never gone out of the way to make it more difficult than normal. I'd never be able to do the Excalibur II challenge simply because I'd hate myself for blowing through all the dialogue and plot progression, even if I do have almost every scene memorized. Still, I have to respect people who do this kind of stuff. I'd never dream of being able to do it.

Edit: Besides, the sword is absolutely useless anyway. Who cares about the added attack? Just spam Shock with Steiner anyway. It's all about the feeling of accomplishment, not about the benefits the sword might have in game.

10-Breaker
07-08-2007, 08:36 PM
It would be worth it, if the game had new game plus...

Deusa
07-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm bad at the thing with the nobles..... does that mean that if i don't win that i can't get excaliber? I'd try just for the challenge!but I preformed that scene24 times and 83 was my highest score..........so is it impossible for me?

Xurts
07-09-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm bad at the thing with the nobles..... does that mean that if i don't win that i can't get excaliber? I'd try just for the challenge!but I preformed that scene24 times and 83 was my highest score..........so is it impossible for me?
I've never been able to get 100 on that either. There are plenty of other Moonstones that can be gotten later on. If you don't get it your first couple tries then just leave. That minigame has no future effect on anything, all you get is a prize for doing well.

Doomie
07-09-2007, 03:48 AM
I got 100 on the first shot of the playthrough I just started. As for the Excalibur II, I never was really compelled to try and get it.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Now that is awesome. That's a true FFIX challenge.

Edit: I love the guy's video descriptions. xD

"Stop the senseless slaughter of moogles! Demand your right to upload videos as long as you please!"

SeeDRankLou
07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I've never been able to get 100 on that either. There are plenty of other Moonstones that can be gotten later on. If you don't get it your first couple tries then just leave. That minigame has no future effect on anything, all you get is a prize for doing well.
Actually there are only two more. One of the purposes of this challenge is to find all of every item in the game with a finite quantity. Moonstones are one of them. There are three in the whole game, and in this challenge you get all three.

Edit: Actually, there are 4 moonstones in the game, but one of them you are only suppose to have temporarily, and then give it to the friendly Yan when you encounter it.

daggertrepe
07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Dude.

Xurts
07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Actually there are only two more. One of the purposes of this challenge is to find all of every item in the game with a finite quantity. Moonstones are one of them. There are three in the whole game, and in this challenge you get all three.

Edit: Actually, there are 4 moonstones in the game, but one of them you are only suppose to have temporarily, and then give it to the friendly Yan when you encounter it.
1 is all you need.

SeeDRankLou
07-09-2007, 11:59 PM
.....Yeah, you're missing the point.

Deusa
07-10-2007, 01:13 AM
? I don't quite get the point either actually.......

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
i think the point is just to be able to say youve got as many as you can of every item weapon and so on, whether they are rare or not does not really matter

Zeromus_X
07-10-2007, 03:39 AM
1) Obtain "perfect" amounts of all missable items (eventually).
2) Obtain maximum amounts of all missable unique items.
3) Open all missable chests.
4) Search all missable field icons.
5) Obtain the Athlete Queen.
6) Complete a Level 1 Game.
7) Deliver all the Moogle Letters.
8) Buy all of Stiltzkin's deals.
9) Complete the Mr. Morrid's Coffee sidequest.
10) Defeat all missable Treno Weapon Shop monsters.
11) Obtain the Moogle Suit and Autograph.

----------------------------------------------------
1) OBTAIN "PERFECT" AMOUNTS OF ALL MISSABLE ITEMS:
----------------------------------------------------

There are 31 items in the game which can no longer be bought on Disc 4.
Furthermore, 9 of these items are used in synthesis, which makes another 8
items potentially missable. 2 of these items are then used in further
synthesis combinations, which makes another 2 items potentially missable, for
a grand total of 41 missable non-unique items in FFIX.

The challenge here rests on having the funds to buy all these items, and in
buying them in the correct amounts. Although it may be fine to have only 1
copy left of each of these items at the end after synthesis, I have decided on
a different, more "perfect" amount. This guide will have you buy these items
in such amounts so that you have enough of each of them to equip everyone who
can equip them, plus 1 remaining for your inventory. This also includes the
items which are synthesized from these missable items, which is why some of
them are bought in larger quantities than one would first think are necessary.
In this way, these missable items will never be able to leave your inventory
unless you sell them.

Deusa
07-14-2007, 10:24 PM
lol

cloud21zidane16
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Just thought id update that he did it:D he got the excalibur 2!!! But the challenge is far from over:)
First video is getting the sword.
The second video is him using the excalibur 2 for those who have not seen it;)

YouTube - FFIX E2PG - Part 108: Lich & The Excalibur II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoRxFcFMYRo&mode=user&search=)

YouTube - Final Fantasy IX - Excalibur II 9999 Damage at Level One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKWxOYlaefs&mode=user&search=)

i_like_ff8
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
wow thats amazing!

ReloadPsi
08-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Whoa...

This is incredible! I'm gonna have to set a lot of time aside for this.

cloud21zidane16
08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
yep this sure is one of the most amazing challenges ive ever seen on FFIX.