PDA

View Full Version : how to convert iso back to psx format

syun_ukiya
07-08-2007, 05:04 AM
i have iso backups, can somebody point me to a good tutorial so i can convert them back so they can be playable with my psone? thanks

Mirage
07-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Open the file with CD burning software, and burn it to a CD.

Shoeberto
07-08-2007, 05:19 AM
All you need is CD burning software capable of burning from .iso files. For a free one, I recommend burnatonce.
burnatonce.net » downloads (http://www.burnatonce.net/downloads/)

However, you won't be able to play this game without some sort of mod chip or bypassing software. There are various ways to go about this, which I'll leave to others as I've not followed the PS1 hacking scene for a good while.

Mirage
07-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Judging by his tech level, I would say his best bet would be to just pay someone else to get his console modded. A swap disc is also a possibility, but I find modchips to be far superior.

rubah
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I thought the psone didn't know/care?

Yamaneko
07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
No, the Dreamcast didn't care.

syun_ukiya
07-09-2007, 05:23 AM
i have a modded psone btw. i used burnatonce, i just loaded the iso then write. after that i checked and i can't see my psx files on my cdrom. but when i used imgburn, i did see the files like how i normally see a psx format cd in my cdrom. don't know if they'll work though..

ZeZipster
07-10-2007, 12:57 AM
I would use Alcohol 120% (google it) because it has PS1 settings already in it when you burn images (you just hit some drop down box and there's PlayStation as an option).

BTW: It was the Dreamcast that allowed swap disks and even boot disks. Because they figured no body would use GD-roms (or whatever ubiquitous format they used) but it still had the ability to read CD-roms so they I suppose got it to emulate it's own games using CD-roms. Or something.

Shoeberto
07-10-2007, 03:29 AM
I would use Alcohol 120% (google it) because it has PS1 settings already in it when you burn images (you just hit some drop down box and there's PlayStation as an option).

BTW: It was the Dreamcast that allowed swap disks and even boot disks. Because they figured no body would use GD-roms (or whatever ubiquitous format they used) but it still had the ability to read CD-roms so they I suppose got it to emulate it's own games using CD-roms. Or something.
The DC was built on a special version of Windows CE, making it somewhat easy to hack.

Peegee
07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Failing all this, download an emulator for your psx. Then you can just download and install a cd iso mounting program like daemontools and play from your pc.