PDA

View Full Version : Any tips?

fifie
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey,
I'm at the Stilshrine of Miriam and I can't defeat Mateus. My main fighters are level 26/27 and my reserves are 20/21. The only spell which would be useful here that I don't have is Shell, but all of my characters have one Quickening each. Any tips on helping me deafeat her and the ice elementals? Thanks!

Xurts
07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Equip stuff that blocks Sleep and focus your attacks on Mateus. Don't bother with all of the little things.

Shattered Dreamer
07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
I cast Berserk on two of my characters and protect on all three. The two berserks killed all the elementals easily and then reapllied the berserk and protect and with Physical attacks on Mateus knocked its help down 3/4 then used Quickening and its done.

Northcrest
07-09-2007, 12:48 AM
leveling up your main party to about 30-33 wouldn't hurt as well.

qwertysaur
07-09-2007, 01:57 AM
You should level up a bit more, and try to get some ice shields and any if you can, any weapons with a thunder attrabute. Also, Mateus is a Guy. He is not the woman that you see, but the fish thing behind the woman.

Bolivar
07-09-2007, 03:12 AM
not so sure, but i just played this a few days ago and i think your levels should be alright.

this is good advice, there should be a spear you can purchase at that time (at bur-omisace) that has thunder elemental. give this on one character and you'll take out the ice elementals VERY easily. as for mateus i wouldn't say it needs much other than the regular gambits, attack, cura at a certain percent, you know the drilllie.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2007, 04:59 AM
I was under-leveled nearly the whole game and relied on Quickenings to get me by :kaocry2:

Once I was able to do the level loop trick I did :cry:

Hambone
07-09-2007, 08:53 PM
...level loop?

fifie
07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Also, Mateus is a Guy. He is not the woman that you see, but the fish thing behind the woman.

Really? Cool.
Thanks for your help, i'll purchase that spear and keep levelling and trying :(
Its basically the only boss i've had this much trouble with the entire game apart from Tiamat and i don't think it should be this hard lol!
Oh yeah, what's the level loop thing?

Bomber
07-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, it's pretty much already been said, but...

Level up your characters about 5 levels, and make liberal use of your Quickenings where possible. Also, make sure you eliminate his lackeys first. They do have a weakness to Thunder.

Chocobuckle
07-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I've just beaten Mateus,personally i found it easy as all of my characters bar Penelo and Ashe have 2 quickenings,but i cant for the life of me get past the Judge boss in Mt Bur-Omisace afterwards,and being a seasoned FF player,feel rather ashemed of myself >.<..damn...i keep getting owned after he gets critical..

The Unknown Guru
07-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Mateus pissed me off enough to get me to just use a huge quickening chain on him... which wiped all the little guys off the face of the earth and allowed me to easily beat Mateus to a pulp.

Nifleheim7
07-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Use one character to cure any status ailments and attack mateus occasionally.
Have the other characters attack him constantly by using the gambit foe status>reflect so they don't get distracted by the ice elementals.
If you level up a little it will be much more easier.

ff is da best
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
mateus was quite easy for me i was in the 30's i think basically i just used sum quickings in the start to get rid of those other enemies.
then wasted mateus by attacking him head on.

Renmiri
08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Use Belias. He has some great fire attacks.