PDA

View Full Version : Names

Kanshisha
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Names, what names or what type of names do you give your final fantasy characters?

I myself give them japanese names... ( try to ) plain unique names, funny names ( >< barrett ) or even just it's original names..

Here's some names i give for some characters...:

FFVII:
Cloud:
Zyasaki,Fujita,Yyang,ma taba.

Vincent:
Xavier,Sleath,Lazz,savoth

Nanaki:
Nanaki,farjn,grataki,ekusa

Tiffa:
yakisa, xora or Tiffa

Aerith / Aeris :
Aerith / Aeris

Yuffie:
sxeska, xvask or plain Yuffie

Cid:
Rreytak or ganx

Cait sith:
sagnxk, pikori

Barrett:
xander, gxaaki, bert, yody <--- pronounced "yo - die"

I know, odd names, but it works for me..How about you? what are your names? soon i'll add my FF8 names, but at the moment im tired and i need to go to bed ><.. good night EOFF..

Laddy
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I always use the default names. They feel right.

Brennan
07-08-2007, 04:54 PM

Crossblades
07-08-2007, 06:15 PM

LunarWeaver
07-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I name them all Tidus in hopes they will transform into him.

Hazzard
07-08-2007, 07:13 PM

PeneloRatsbane
07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
I use the default names, but i called Ignus in FFIII Basch because i didn't like Ignus.

Comet
07-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Don't even hype.

Kanshisha
07-09-2007, 03:15 AM
hmph, well me lunar and penelo here, are prob the only ones creative ><!

Ramza Beoulve
07-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Calling everyone Tidus is not creative, it's an obsession, but yeah.

Anyways, I usually change some of the names in the games... I remember calling Tidus "Sefir" in my last playthrough

ReloadPsi
07-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Naughty words that begin with the same letter of the character's default name.

Slothy
07-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Back when naming the characters was a common feature I would name them all after friends, with the main character getting my name (I am the leading man after all). Since I've gotten out of the habit of re-naming with recent FF's though, when I go back to older ones I don't always bother.

07-09-2007, 04:42 PM
The male lead, or closest thing to it, is always named "Half." The female lead, or closest thing to it, is always named "Abstract" (usually needs to be abbreviated).

The last game I played through was an exception. It was FFVII, and I named the male lead "Stump," because he has the personality of one.

Yuffie514
07-10-2007, 08:09 AM
i usually choose names from another Final Fantasy game to name characters. or i just make them up and those often come with better results :confused: .

boys from the dwarf
07-10-2007, 08:14 AM
its cute to name the lead female and male after yourself and your boy/girlfriend but its risky once you get to the FF9 but grope scene! joke.

i usually keep default but sometimes use my name for the main character.

Ouch!
07-10-2007, 08:37 AM
There's an extremely juvenile satisfaction in naming Amarant "Asshole" in Final Fantasy IX, so he introduces himself as the Flaming Asshole. I remember people suggesting that one should name Aeris "My Balls" as it makes Cloud's lament after her death a lot more funny instead of incredibly lame.

Edit: I always use the default names. The only time I went ahead and did the Amarant renaming was when I didn't save afterwards.

Hambone
07-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I use the default names, but i called Ignus in FFIII Basch because i didn't like Ignus.

That's because it was Ingus. :eek:

KasaiDraco
07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
In FF3, I named the characters after the South Park boys.

cloud21zidane16
07-11-2007, 01:42 AM
its cute to name the lead female and male after yourself and your boy/girlfriend but its risky once you get to the FF9 but grope scene! joke.

i usually keep default but sometimes use my name for the main character.

i actually did that once and was playing with my girlfriend when it happened:eek: she found it funny though;)

i also just use default names most of the time

PeneloRatsbane
07-11-2007, 12:22 PM
In FF3, I named the characters after the South Park boys.

lol even Refia,
this person i knew once called his FFVII characters after there friends, which meant Tifa had my name, lol:D

sockmonkey
07-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I stick with the defaults unless a spurt of immaturity makes me name them dirty words. I'll still find that hillarious when im 90 and playing FFXXXIV.

"Heh, I named the mage fart! Gotta get the grandkids to see this!"

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-24-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't bother. I get a little upset if the names I want don't fit