PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantville

Jessweeee♪
07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I love this movie n.n

When I was younger, I just liked to watch everything go from Color, to Black and White, then back to Color again. Now that I'm older I can fully appreciate every element of the movie, and I love it so much! It's my favorite movie!

What are your thoughts on it~

charliepanayi
07-08-2007, 07:16 PM
A pretty good film in my opinion, it benefits from a strong cast and it looks lovely with the gradual transition from black and white to colour. I love the tree catching fire especially. You could argue that the racism allegory is hardly subtle in the plot, but it does hit home nevertheless.

Fatal Impurity
07-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I really like the movie as its really experimental and actually uses hollywoood's technology to effectively produce a very artistic transition...

I thought plot didnt lag and that the characters were interesting...it genuinely kept you watching until the end without making you feel like the film had outstayed its welcome.

fantasyjunkie
07-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh, I loved this movie. Very well done. I thought the part where the colored people were placed in the top of the court room was a clever touch.

Shiny
07-09-2007, 05:33 AM
This film is really creative in that it dealt with the theme of change in a very interesting way. I also like the fact that it showed the difference between the traditional way and the nontraditional way of living in the town. And the conflicts between those two groups who shared different beliefs. Ofcourse, the under lying theme of racism was there; which was portrayed uniquely. I sort of thought the whole scene with the tree burning was symbolic as well because it might have been a Biblical reference of the Burning Bush.

Fatal Impurity
07-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah i thought that too! Still the art style of teh film was very interesting!

Garnie
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
yah its a good film! got a great msg
change is neede to co exsist peacfully

Shlup
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
The premise seems dumb, but they pulled it off. I think it's a great movie.

Rocket Edge
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Great movie, and very enjoyable.

Laddy
07-10-2007, 11:13 PM
This is a rather fine thematic film with well-presented underlying themes.

Araciel
07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
i liked it...didn't like the cast, though they're good actors and pretty popular.