PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII/RPG Maker

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Have you ever tried to recreate Final Fantasy VIII on RPG Maker? So you could change certain things that you didn't like about Final Fantasy VIII...like the lack of perverted humor for example.

atlanteay
07-09-2007, 01:30 AM
no..too much hassle. I mean, you have to get all the world pics and the characters and objects ><;;

lack of perverted humor? yeah....but i thought the words 'chicken wuss' made up for that

Bolivar
07-09-2007, 02:56 AM
lol good question. although it's such a huge game i doubt anyone would ever do it.

i once thought it would be a good idea to remake the newer FF's in 2d. thought it would be pretty interesting. probably not what you're talking about.

Kanshisha
07-09-2007, 03:21 AM
It's a good idea but.... it just takes too long..

ReloadPsi
07-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Plus you could never use the default battle systems for it. There's just no way.

ragnosica
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
if the turn-based battle systems wouldn't be there, FF8 would be the perfect RPG

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-10-2007, 01:42 AM
lol Good question. Although it's such a huge game I doubt anyone would ever do it.

I might do it, if I could find a copy of RPG Maker.

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 01:47 AM
no point, too much hassle:mad:

Future Esthar
07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
One would need many extra graphics since the default ones are medieval,not futuristic.I have the program,Jonh 912.

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Go with Game Maker 7 instead, it's much more flexible, you could do the junction system... even in 3D playable.

Ultima Shadow
07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
If I could change anything in FFVIII... I'd make Ultima Weapon a whole lot stronger.

Kinda like this:

HP: 15,000,000
Str: 255
Vit: 255
Mag: 255
Spr: 200
Spd: 255
Hit: 255
Evade: 50
Luck: 100

Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Counter.

Immune to all status-effects. Immune to The End.

Attacks:

Megido Flame
Terra Break
Ultima
Terra Break
Bad Breath
Light Pillar

All used randomly... etc

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 11:50 PM
If I could change anything in FFVIII... I'd make Ultima Weapon a whole lot stronger.

Kinda like this:

Attacks:

Megido Flame
Terra Break
Ultima
Terra Break
Bad Breath
Light Pillar

All used randomly... etc

His basic stats are all 255 in the original game... so keep that.
Add immume to all Stats-Effect, including Meltdown.
Make it 40,000,000 HP
Add: Auto-Shell, Ribbon
Add:
-Pulsewave Shocker (the only attack that deals over 10,000HP-40,000HP. Used by Griever and Quistis;))
-Meltdown
-Meteor
-Lionheart? You would know one character's dead if not invincible.
-Add Powerga, triple his magic/strengh.
-Add Salvation, remove all invincibility, must use Ultima or Meteor just after.

When they first created Omega, the deal was you needed to defeat it before his terra break attack.
But many can survive it, like me.
Don't forget that Terra Break is Half-Magic, Half-Strengh.
Even with all my stats maxed, I only survive it with Squall/Rinoa/Irvine/Quistis.
If I have Selphie/Zell in my team, I loose, which is odd:confused: ...

Add Junction to Odin and Phoenix.
Add Poenix the ability to revive your party once/battle.

With auto-haste and 255 speed, you don't have any idea how insanly fast he will be.

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Make it 40,000,000 HP
Actually, no. They are not all 255. These are Ultima Weapons stats at level 100 in FFVIII:

HP: 160,000
Str: 254
Vit: 188
Mag: 213
Spr: 160
Spd: 145
Eva: 5

And yes, Meltdown should also be included. :greenie:

Make it 40,000,000 HP
Add:
-Pulsewave Shocker (the only attack that deals over 10,000HP-40,000HP. Used by Griever and Quistis;))
-Meltdown
-Meteor
-Add Salvation, remove all invincibility, must use Ultima or Meteor just after.40,000,000 would actually be a little too much. I'd prefere a battle that would take around 2 hours. With 40,000,000 HP the battle would probably last atleast 4-5 hours. And that's just a little too much.

I actually don't want Auto-Shell. Auto-Protect and 255 vit (and immunity to meltdown) is there because it would discourage the use of physical limmitbreaks such as Lion Heart and Armageddon Fists(which are the most powerful limmit-breaks, save The End), and encourage the use of Magic-based Limmit Breaks instead, which could make things a bit more interesting. That's also why Ultima Weapon's spr shouldn't be max'd.

Also, what does Ribbon do?

Interesting move-suggestions, though. Something that removes invincibility would certainly be welcome. Lion Heart wouldn't quite fit, though. Maybe "Weapon Heart"? xD But nah, I think Light Pillar does the job at finishing a character off good enough. Salvation should also dispel other positive effects such as Aura, Haste etc.

With auto-haste and 255 speed, you don't have any idea how insanly fast he will be.Well... he, alone, is supposed to be just as fast as your entire fully junctioned and hasted party. Something no boss or enemy in FFVIII actually is. :cool:

Hyperion4444
07-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Make it 40,000,000 HP
Actually, no. They are not all 255. These are Ultima Weapons stats at level 100 in FFVIII:

HP: 160,000
Str: 254
Vit: 188
Mag: 213
Spr: 160
Spd: 145
Eva: 5

And yes, Meltdown should also be included. :greenie:

Make it 40,000,000 HP
Add:
-Meltdown
-Meteor
-Add Salvation, remove all invincibility, must use Ultima or Meteor just after.40,000,000 would actually be a little too much. I'd prefere a battle that would take around 2 hours. With 40,000,000 HP the battle would probably last atleast 4-5 hours. And that's just a little too much.

I actually don't want Auto-Shell. Auto-Protect and 255 vit (and immunity to meltdown) is there because it would discourage the use of physical limmitbreaks such as Lion Heart and Armageddon Fists(which are the most powerful limmit-breaks, save The End), and encourage the use of Magic-based Limmit Breaks instead, which could make things a bit more interesting. That's also why Ultima Weapon's spr shouldn't be max'd.

Also, what does Ribbon do?

Interesting move-suggestions, though. Something that removes invincibility would certainly be welcome. Lion Heart wouldn't quite fit, though. Maybe "Weapon Heart"? xD But nah, I think Light Pillar does the job at finishing a character off good enough. Salvation should also dispel other positive effects such as Aura, Haste etc.

With auto-haste and 255 speed, you don't have any idea how insanly fast he will be.Well... he, alone, is supposed to be just as fast as your entire fully junctioned and hasted party. Something no boss or enemy in FFVIII actually is. :cool:

If you place the Battle speed at the lowest, the enemies are slower/easyer for you to select.
I know it would give you more time to cast limits.
But from what I've experienced is that enemies are quite slower, or is it just me being fast?

Omega: 255str, 113vit, 255mag, 175spr, 61spd, 5eva. Also heals on magic.

Try defeating Ultima without 1 KO. (no use of invincibility)

Game Maker 7 Download (http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/try)

Northcrest
07-12-2007, 02:12 AM
No I had never seen or heard of a RPG maker. If so there would be a couple of changes i would want to make.

enigma1234
07-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Well I'm still waiting for square's to remake FFVIII to PS3

Heath
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
If you actually did it, it would take an insane amount of time and effort which would lead me to either congratulate you or give the number of a very nice therapist.

Having said that, I think that Final Fantasy VIII was perfectly decent the way it is. Although it's one of my least favourite instalments in the series, I think to change it might do more harm than good in some respects.

McLovin'
07-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I made a FF on Game Maker. Squall was a sprite in it. :)

Christmas
04-22-2022, 02:10 AM

Kinda like this:

Attacks:

Megido Flame
Terra Break
Ultima
Terra Break
Bad Breath
Light Pillar

All used randomly... etc

Make it 40,000,000 HP
Add:
-Meltdown
-Meteor
-Add Salvation, remove all invincibility, must use Ultima or Meteor just after.

When they first created Omega, the deal was you needed to defeat it before his terra break attack.
But many can survive it, like me.
Don't forget that Terra Break is Half-Magic, Half-Strengh.
Even with all my stats maxed, I only survive it with Squall/Rinoa/Irvine/Quistis.
If I have Selphie/Zell in my team, I loose, which is odd:confused: ...

Add Junction to Odin and Phoenix.
Add Poenix the ability to revive your party once/battle.

With auto-haste and 255 speed, you don't have any idea how insanly fast he will be.

I rmb Terra Break. Scared the piss out of me when I first saw it. Gotto have those buff on or it is a wipe. :(

I have to go back to potty training after that. :(