PDA

View Full Version : Lather, Rinse, and Repeat?

Aerisfanatic
07-09-2007, 01:38 AM
You know how on most shampoo bottles it says "lather, rinse, and repeat" im just randomly wondering who actually repeats when they use shampoo? I know i dont

Is it really an efficient and affective way to make sure your hair is clean? or is it just a way to make you use up faster? makes you think

Fatal Impurity
07-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Heheh i know i don't repeat! I mean i dont feel the difference between the cleaness of the added second wash and the first wash...its obviously for people who havent had a bath in two weeks!

Goldenboko
07-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Everyone knows thats just a trick to double the amount of shampoo you have to buy.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2007, 01:50 AM
It lathers better the second time n.n

Takara
07-09-2007, 01:55 AM
The only time I repeated was when I was still marching and we were practicing on a very slippery field after a huge thunderstorm and I fell into the mud, and by the time practice was over and I could take a shower, it all dried up. It took me about 20 minutes to get it all out of my hair.

Ah, drum corps memories.

The Ceej
07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Maybe I should repeat. I use almost twice as much conditioner as I do shampoo. If I would repeat, I would run out of both at nearly the same time. Assuming I didn't repeat with the conditioner.

Nominus Experse
07-09-2007, 08:13 AM
I repeat if needed - or wanted. It sometimes feels outright amazing to thoroughly clean my scalp.

Resha
07-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I repeat if needed - or wanted. It sometimes feels outright amazing to thoroughly clean my scalp.
I concur. Sometimes I just want to make my hair so clean it squeaks. SO CLEAN. And if the shampoo smells nice, I will repeat five times if necessary, just to get the fragrance on my head. I waaant. :p

Slade
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Wait....so that's what shampoo is for! :roll:

I don't wash my hair often, usually only once a week. It strips the natural oils if you do it too much. But when I do wash my hair, I only ever apply and rinse once. I don't see a point in making my hair fluffier than it already is :rolleyes2

Sergeant Hartman
07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Or you could just use double the amount the first time.

Yes, I do repeat on some occasions though :/

kikimm
07-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I think I used to when I was a kid, but I never do that now. That just seems like way too much shampoo. And I do use a lot the first time. :p I make sure my hair's clean.

Mitch
07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I have super strong shampoo that you only need a little bit of to do the trick.

I don't really like having my hair superfreakingclean all the time. If it's a little bit greasy it's easier to control.

Clean Mitch hair is outrageous, especially in the wind.

Loony BoB
07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Very rarely. To me, that means I didn't use enough the first time around. :p

Bunny
07-09-2007, 11:57 AM
I do things right the first time.

Anaisa
07-09-2007, 12:02 PM
If you put enough shampoo on in the first place, an massage it in correctly, you don't need to do it again. That'd just be pointless. I've never known any hairdressers shampoo the hair twice either.

Rye
07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I repeat sometimes, because my hair stays cleaner for longer. And my hairdressers always repeat.

Jojee
07-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I always repeat ^_^

Brennan
07-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't repeat.
It's just a waste of shampoo :mog:

Bolivar
07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
i guess i never really thought about it. and the one time a hairdresser/salon person shampooed my hair she didn't repeat. and no, i didn't go to a salon because i'm feminine or metrosexual, it's just sometimes you gotta get the job done right, know what i'm saying?

Zeldy
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I do actually. My hair stays, and looks cleaner for longer. I have really thick hair aswell, so I need to thourougly wash it.

Chloe.
07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, I always repeat. :)

Madame Adequate
07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I'll wash my hair two times only if I've gone without washing it for considerably longer than I would have liked. In almost all situations, one wash suffices.

Rase
07-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Repeating is the shampoo industry's way of making you use twice as much shampoo as you usually would, therefore you buy twice as much.

I don't fall for that trick.

Peegee
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Everyone knows thats just a trick to double the amount of shampoo you have to buy.

Interesting take on it. So mindlessly devious.

Anyway, I don't repeat, unless my hair's really dirty :)

Vikeve
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
No, I don't. But I take a shower twic a day and at least wash it twice a day I don't need to at all.

Aerisfanatic
07-09-2007, 06:14 PM

I don't wash my hair often, usually only once a week. It strips the natural oils if you do it too much. But when I do wash my hair, I only ever apply and rinse once. I don't see a point in making my hair fluffier than it already is :rolleyes2
lol the natural oils is what makes your hair dirty.

Anaisa
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM

lol the natural oils is what makes your hair dirty.No it's not. They can make your hair look greasy, but they don't make your hair dirty. The natural oils in your hair are what keeps the hair in good condition naturally.

daggertrepe
07-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Waste of time. I use more conditioner than shampoo cause then my hair is softttt

rubah
07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
It doesn't feel the right texture after washing it once, so I wash it twice always, but always with two different shampoos.

Vikeve
07-10-2007, 03:52 AM

That may be true I wouldn't know, but I do know that half the time half of my friends are saying how they make the bags of chips look full so you would by it when that's not true. They fill the bags with some gas to preserve the chips longer but people think the company is trying to rip them off.

JackNapier
07-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Never in my life have I repeated, don't see the need to. My hair is always perfectly clean after one round.

Proxy
07-10-2007, 05:15 AM
I've never actually checked igf any of mine say that. But today I was so dirty that I wanted to. It was bad...but I didn't.
I bet it is just a way to make you run out faster so you buy more.

Bomber
07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
No, I don't repeat.

As a matter of fact, I only shower every other day. Overwashing your hair strips it of its natural oils...

Jess
07-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I use a ton of shampoo anyway so I don't usually repeat- sometimes I do. I've never known a hairdresser to apply shampoo more than once. :jess:

StarlightAngel
07-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I only repeat if my hair still isn't very soft/untangled from the first go. Which isn't very often.

Ouch!
07-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I once had to sleep all night with wires glued to my scalp. I'd been scheduled for an EEG because we were worried I might have epilepsy (it's in my family and I was having memory issues at the time). The morning after, when I got home I was in the shower for an hour trying to get all the glue out of my hair.

Does use of conditioner count as a repeat?

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
rarely repeat, dont see the point. The only time ive ever needed too is after going paintballing my hair had a bit of paint in it and it felt really greasy even after washing it once:erm: