PDA

View Full Version : Top 4

Firenjar
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
What was the top4 you always used when you could choose any of them to be in your team?

mine was Zidane,Steiner,Vivi and Dagger

Zidane and Steiner were for strenght
Vivi for black magic
Dagger for white magic and more eidilons

is there any better combinations?

TheSpoonyBard
07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Zidane, Freya, Steiner and Vivi or Zidane, Freya, Amarant and Quina.

Vermachtnis
07-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Zidane
Garnet
Vivi
Freya

I sometimes traded Freya for Amarant.

Bolivar
07-09-2007, 06:28 PM
i always try to give each character equal screen time in every FF.

One I liked using my first playthrough was Zidane, Amarant, Steiner, and Vivi.

the classic zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet works fine.

With Freya, zidane, garnet, and eiko you can have one mage summoning, the other buffing and both healing, and good strength.

f f freak
07-09-2007, 07:16 PM
My first time it was the classic Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner but now I like using Zidane, Garnet, Freya and Amarant.

daggertrepe
07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Zidane, Steiner, vivi, eiko.

Ouch!
07-09-2007, 08:35 PM
I've messed around with a lot of different things. Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, and Steiner is a very balanced team. If I could, I'd sub Quina in for Zidane, but that can't be helped now, can it?

For pure brute force, there's nothing better than Zidane, Quina, Steiner, and Freya. At least that's the best against single enemies. Swapping Vivi in for Freya and using the Auto-Reflect + Reflect x2 trick is more MP efficient than Freya's Dragon Breath, and is so better for regular random encounters. For single enemies, though, the four with instant 9,999 moves are just fun to use, even if there's no strategy involved.

Northcrest
07-10-2007, 02:16 AM
My party is Zidane(cause of his trance moves), Vivi(For his really good black magic especially Doomsday also for doing Sword Magic), Garnet( Summons and White magic), and Steiner (To do Sword Magic like Flare and Doomsday Sword).

Heath
07-10-2007, 02:31 AM
There aren't any terribly bad combinations in FFIX really. I generally stick with the fairly boring, but reliable Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and Vivi. I sometimes swap Garnet for Freya though just to give myself some extra strength. I suppose if I wanted to be really boring I'd be using Thievery, Frog Drop and Dragon's Crest for guaranteed 9,999 hits.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Once I get Auto-Regen there's no need for the use of any white magic. I not a big fan of using magic anyway. So towards the latter stages of the game once all the abillity learning is complete my ideal party would consist of Zidane, Steiner, Amarant and Quina

Timerk
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Stupid question: Does Zidane always have to be in the party?

TheSpoonyBard
07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
There aren't any terribly bad combinations in FFIX really.
A party of Zidane, Dagger, Eiko and Vivi would have MP troubles. That's why I always try to include Freya or Amarant, for White Draw or Chakra.

Yes, unless you're in Memoria.

Laddy
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Zidane, Freya, Eiko, and Quina
Zidane, Steiner, Amarant, Freya
Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Steiner
Zidane, Quina, Steiner, Vivi
Zidane, Dagger, Eiko, Amarant

In Memoria: Freya, Quina, Vivi, Amarant.

demondude
07-10-2007, 07:30 PM
For me it was always Zidane vivi quina and freya

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Zidane, Dagger, Steiner, Freya
Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Steiner
Zidane, Steiner, Quina, Amarant

Heath
07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
A party of Zidane, Dagger, Eiko and Vivi would have MP troubles. That's why I always try to include Freya or Amarant, for White Draw or Chakra.

Vivi could always get by with Osmose, I guess. It's hardly a party that I'd use regularly, but it's still capable of getting the job done.

Dreddz
07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Zidane, Quina, Steiner and Eiko.

MoonZapdos
07-11-2007, 03:32 AM
Zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Dagger is the best combo in my opinion.
Zidane's fast, Steiner possesses the hellacious "Shock", Vivi for amazing mob attacks and Dagger for healing and, of course, Ark summon.

Xurts
07-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I've messed around with a lot of different things. Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, and Steiner is a very balanced team. If I could, I'd sub Quina in for Zidane, but that can't be helped now, can it?

For pure brute force, there's nothing better than Zidane, Quina, Steiner, and Freya. At least that's the best against single enemies. Swapping Vivi in for Freya and using the Auto-Reflect + Reflect x2 trick is more MP efficient than Freya's Dragon Breath, and is so better for regular random encounters. For single enemies, though, the four with instant 9,999 moves are just fun to use, even if there's no strategy involved.
Dragon Breath isn't a very good skill to use. It costs an outrageous 78 MP and isn't the best for damage. Dragon's Crest is a much better skill, costing only 16 MP and dealing 9999 unblockable damage.

Ultimate party: Zidane/Steiner, Quina, Vivi, Freya.
Zidane is equipped with Sargatanas/The Tower and uses Soul Blade and a maxed Thievery (if Thievery isn't maxed Steiner can be substituted in Memoria). Quina uses any skill that is needed and a maxed Frog Drop for damage. Vivi has Reflectx2, Half MP, and Auto-Reflect activated, and uses Flare and Doomsday. Doomsday is by far the best skill in the game, dealing 9999 damage and healing your party 9999 health. Massive Win. Freya uses Jump, Reis's Wind, and maxed Dragon's Crest.

Eiko Guy
07-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Eiko best curer and has moderately good summons
Zidane Best attacker and is fast
Garnet Best summoner and okay healer
Vivi Best blackmage and is just adorable.

Rengori
07-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I never used any party other than Zidane, Freya, Vivi, and Dagger. Steiner was like Level 26 when I finished the game.

daggertrepe
07-20-2007, 12:19 AM

I use Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Eiko ALL the time. :eep:

And I PWNED the game with those four.

The Unknown Guru
07-25-2007, 02:41 AM
I beat Ozma with Zidane, Steiner, Freya, and Quina, but I like to fight necron with Zidane, Steiner, Eiko, and Quina.

Quina is a surprisingly good "toolbox" is you get enough blue magic. I just Berserk Zidane with the Ultima Weapon and have him go nuts. Eiko is a good healer. Steiner has Shock. I would use Freya instead of Steiner, but for me, Steiner is a lot faster, has about 2k more hp, and isn't worthless when he has no MP.

Rengori
07-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Steiner is a lot faster, has about 2k more hp, and isn't worthless when he has no MP.

Jump.

The Unknown Guru
07-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Jump takes a couple turns to work. In those couple turns, Steiner easily deals over 9999.

atlanteay
07-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and QUINA :quina:

Xurts
07-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Jump takes a couple turns to work. In those couple turns, Steiner easily deals over 9999.
Steiner doesn't have any useful skills except for Shock/Climhazzard and Iai Strike, and Shock/Climhazzard is VERY expensive. Dragon's Crest takes 16 MP, so Freya will be able to deal unblockable 9999 far, far longer than Steiner can. Freya also has Reis' Wind and White Draw, which make her more useful than Steiner. Jump takes 2 turns at most to use, and she can't be targeted while she's jumping.

doodoohead
08-12-2007, 05:31 AM
zidane - have to use him
freya - dragon's crest, reis's wind, jump, etc.
steiner - shock, climhazzard, stock break, attack, etc.
eiko or dagger - white magic, summoning

arcanedude34
08-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Aeris, Zack, the 'AreSick guy' Sephi... oh wait. Wrong game.

Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Quina/Amarant/Eiko.