PDA

View Full Version : If all the world's a stage...

Obsidian
07-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Then where does the audience sit? Hmmmm? :p

Who here is into Drama? No, not the kind that happens during a forum slap-fight. I mean acting. Being on stage or being a techie. It's been a passion of mine forever.

So how 'bout it, anyone else? Even if you just played the tomato in your first grade play. ;)

Zeldy
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Ive never been one for drama, and I happily dropped it for GCSE. I used to really enjoy the lessons though, but they were just for a laugh, as I just giggle all the way through my parts as Im really shy. Im not a public speaker at all.

I always had the little parts in school plays when I was younger.

Bunny
07-09-2007, 05:58 PM
All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players:
Performers and portrayers,
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage.

I don't care much for drama, nor the stage. I enjoy plays, operas, and musicals a great deal though.

Resha
07-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm totally into Drama. Love going to the theatre, and I do Drama as an A-Level subject. :p I loveeeee it! I'd spend all my life watching plays and devising them and stuff if I could.

Obsidian
07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players:
Performers and portrayers,
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage.

*awards cookies* :)

Huzzah to the spooniest of all bards.

daggertrepe
07-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I love drama. I am an actress/dramaqueen

Nominus Experse
07-09-2007, 07:21 PM
If the plays they produced in my school years were worth watching, I think I may have become involved. I secretly enjoy acting.

Faris
07-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I started being in drama plays when I joined OYP when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I quit about three years later though, but drama is still awesome. I still take drama in high school. Improv is the best. :cool:

rubah
07-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I really dug reading shakespeare outloud in english this year, also memorizing part of some famous speeches.

Our school play was kind of a generic brand Arsenic and Old Lace (called Larceny and Old Lace) and I played one of the dotty old aunts, and it was great.

Yamaneko
07-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Shakespeare? They just make that up as they go along.

Shiny
07-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Meh. Drama is no fun. Comedy is where the fun is. I wasn't particular fond of the fact that I had to play my 60 year old teacher's love interest; which included him touching my face. But, I do like acting. I used to put on my own skits when I was little tot.

Wolf Kanno
07-10-2007, 07:38 AM
I've been doing little fun performances since I was wee little lad. I love acting and I have been told time and again I really have talent for it. I always get stuck doing comedy parts cause my personality is rather serious. I've written quite a few successful cosplays and I have a rather good vocal range.

I've done set designs and prop work for my college and I studied directing and acting as well. I've always wanted to perform in a few plays but I always seem to get jobs with stiff work regimes that prevent me from having the time. I've always wanted to play John Adams in 1776 or do a role in Shadow Boxing.:love:

Ouch!
07-10-2007, 07:59 AM
I've never pursued anything of the sort. Frequently others have pushed me to get involved in acting, but it's not something I ever truly considered. I'd rather write plays than perform in them. Only twice have people ever been forceful about trying to convince me to audition. Both were for school musicals. Given the pitiful competition for the roles, I would have had a good shot at them both. One of those roles was even the lead of the play, but my class severed lacked talented tenors.