PDA

View Full Version : Password problems on an Internet site...

Peter_20
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
So, I'm a member on this Swedish video game forum, and now I'm trying to log in.
The problem is, I use the Swedish letter "ö" in my password, and the computer obviously doesn't grant this anymore: it used to do, but now it says "not a valid string of letters" an crap.

I've pretended to have forgotten my password as well, hoping that they would send me another one, but they just sent me my old password.
Wha the hell is this?

CimminyCricket
07-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Go to Start, programs, accessories, system tools and character map.

Select System as the branch of font you want to use, and find that letter.

Peter_20
07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
The strange part about this is that the site actually lets me log in as long as I haven't ordered a game!
I'm trying to order a game right now, and whenever I wanna log in and pay for it, the computer goes on about the string of letters thing.

NO ORDER = "Welcome. Peter"
ORDER = "not a valid string of letters" etc.

The site obviously doesn't want me to order a game. :eep:

CimminyCricket
07-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Does it allow you to log in first, then purchase a game?

If it doesn't, log in normally, change your password to something that doesn't involve that character, or any others like it. Then, attempt to purchase the game.

Peter_20
07-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Does it allow you to log in first, then purchase a game?No.

If I log in, then purchase a game, it STILL wants me to log in, and that's when it fails.

Flying Mullet
07-09-2007, 06:32 PM
... change your password to something that doesn't involve that character, or any others like it.
Agreed. Change your password so that you don't have to deal with this problem anymore.

Peter_20
07-09-2007, 06:41 PM
... change your password to something that doesn't involve that character, or any others like it.
Agreed. Change your password so that you don't have to deal with this problem anymore.I can't seem to find a Password Change option, the only thing I see is "Forgot your password?", and this merely sends me the password I use anyway.

Basides, why does it allow the letter when I don't order a game?

CimminyCricket
07-09-2007, 06:58 PM
If it uses vBulletin it should have an edit profile link somewhere. Click it, it should have an edit password button or link.

Peter_20
07-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Yay, it worked! :D
I changed that letter for an "o" instead, and then I could log in!

Thank you. :)