PDA

View Full Version : Agh...........a roach!!!!!!

BizarroSephiroth
07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/25/AmericanCockroach.jpg/800px-AmericanCockroach.jpg

Anyone afraid of cockroaches or bees? I saw a cockroach about as big as the one in that picture, and freaked out. I am deathly afraid of both of them. Anyone else share this terrible phobia?

Zeldy
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Ive only ever seen one, and that was abroad in Spain. Fortunately, cockroaches arnt so common here :p

I have a fear of Crane fly, or "Daddy long legs" as they are most commonly called in England. Im bloody terrifyed of them.

Nominus Experse
07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
No

Bot flies make me go fucking nuts though. Not in terms of fear, but simply makes my skin crawl and shiver as if it were full of skin worms.

Obsidian
07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I am generally a-okay in the presence of bugs, but there is just something I find really disturbing about roaches.

Bunny
07-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I am not afraid of anything smaller than I am. With the exception of my girlfriend's little sister. But she's the spawn of Satan.

BizarroSephiroth
07-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Ive only ever seen one, and that was abroad in Spain. Fortunately, cockroaches arnt so common here :p

I have a fear of Crane fly, or "Daddy long legs" as they are most commonly called in England. Im bloody terrifyed of them.

When I lived in Canada they had crane flies and the scared me so much i'd hide in my house and they'd be in there too. Just plain creepy really.

CimminyCricket
07-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I hate spiders. I'm not "afraid" of them, but I feel like puking whenever I am confronted by one.

Ramza Beoulve
07-09-2007, 07:30 PM
They are quite common here, we are like "Roach Busters" or something :p. And bees, well, if you don't harm them they don't harm you.

daggertrepe
07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm only afraid of flies when they are in MY house. Otherwise, I don't really care.

Hambone
07-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm okay with bees, but I can't stand to be around a roach.

Araciel
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
i'm gonna have to agree with bunny....aside from the girlfriend's sister thing...mine doesn't have one.

The Ceej
07-09-2007, 09:40 PM
And bees, well, if you don't harm they don't harm you.

Yeah, bees may have stingers but they're cool. They're necessary to the ecosystem. If they die, then most life on the planet dies. Besides, they're normally happy unless you bother them.

Wasps, on the other hand, are evil. They have no ecological value. According to a book I read, their only predators are other wasps. And we wonder why there's more and more every year. It's going to benefit the ecosystem more that we can imagine if we cause the extinction of wasps. The only thing they're good for is stinging people.

A little note about wasps, you may not know:
Wasps have three key emotions, angry, really angry, and pissed the f*** off.

So, yeah. I'm afraid of wasps.

Note for mods and admins: I'm really not happy with the whole "smurf" censor system, so I censored my word in my own way. If this is not approprate, please let me know, and I'll change it. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be though as it's still censored.

Northcrest
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
We use to have roaches in our house a little bigger than that one. Thank God for Roach Combat Gel.

http://www.shoplet.com/office/limages/CCLO7452.JPG

Anaisa
07-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Note for mods and admins: I'm really not happy with the whole "smurf" censor system, so I censored my word in my own way. If this is not approprate, please let me know, and I'll change it. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be though as it's still censored.Mods like to disregard logic. When I did that, I was told not to go around the swear filter. The word is still censored, but it's not good enough for them, they want it censored their way. Brats.

The Ceej
07-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, if that's true, we might both be in trouble. Me for censoring my word in my own way and you for calling the mods "illogical brats." But still, I think I'll wait for the mods' word on whether my censorship is okay.

Araciel
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, if that's true, we might both be in trouble. Me for censoring my word in my own way and you for calling the mods "illogical brats." But still, I think I'll wait for the mods' word on whether my censorship is okay.

well freedom of speech doesn't count if you sign up for a forum like this, since you agree to abide by their rules.

fire_of_avalon
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Going around the swear filter means typing a word so that it's still readable, as in adding spaces or dots between the letters, or switching some letters around. Using stars ain't hurtin' nobody.

But stay on topic, whelps!

I am scared to death of cockroaches. Irrationally so. I can't move if one is around me, even to run away. All I can do is scream.

BizarroSephiroth
07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow what a coincidence, one just fell from my ceiling :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: and hit me in the side of the head. Scared the livin bejeebles outta me

Anaisa
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Going around the swear filter means typing a word so that it's still readable, as in adding spaces or dots between the letters, or switching some letters around. Using stars ain't hurtin' nobody. But I used stars when I did it!

Well, if that's true, we might both be in trouble. Me for censoring my word in my own way and you for calling the mods "illogical brats." But still, I think I'll wait for the mods' word on whether my censorship is okay. Evil people need good people to oppose them. If everyone is complimentary, they don't feel evil enough, an it hurts their egos. So they probably don't mind if I call them illogical brats.

On topic stuff: I like bees. I've not had much to do with roaches, but I'm sure if they infested my house I wouldn't like it.

The Ceej
07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Wow what a coincidence, one just fell from my ceiling :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: and hit me in the side of the head. Scared the livin bejeebles outta me

My reaction to that was was uproaring laughter followed by my saying, "I'm sorry. That's not funny."

Roaches freak me out to the point where I want to kill them immediately and if they get away, I get nervous. But I don't fear them.

I'll kill spiders if they're in the house, but all the ones outside my front door, I leave there. I want them to catch the wasps before they get in the house. Unfortunately, that sometimes means walking through a giant spiderweb with a huge spider on it, getting web in my hair and freaking out because a spider is trying to get on me. Well worth it though. I'd rather be bit by a spider than stung by a wasp. I hate wasps with every fiber of my being as you might have picked up in my previous post.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't care, as long as they aren't in my room. I saw a roach in my room once, and I couldn't kill it DX

I think I managed to spray it once, but I don't know if it's dead...it disappeared behind a tangled mess of cords and wires and stuff in the corner of my room and I haven't seen it since :P

ZeZipster
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I just kill them. If I see more than one I spray the outside of my window with bug spray. Specifically the 12-month industrial strength kind.

Leen-Leen
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
I am scared to death of roaches, I used to live in this one place where I would see one everyday and it killllleeedddd me to see one everyday. I remember one time at night, when I was little, I wanted to get a glass of water, so as I was walking to my kitchen I looked down and there was one right there, and I was about to step on it without any slippers on ... *shiver*

Marluxiaswife
07-10-2007, 05:11 AM
if i see a roache in the house i would kill it unless my mom is around then i make her kill it i know sad :sweatdrop
But if i see one in my room i'd kill it asap along with a spider.

I hate bugs along with those whatever eaters that suck blood out of people. *shakes*

Rengori
07-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Spiders are the only thing smaller than my foot that scare me.

Mr.SimpleandClean
07-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Im so afraid of cockroaches its not even funny...they make me jump, scream and run!! (all at once)

Yuffie514
07-10-2007, 07:33 AM
i hate cockroaches. they are the worst things to walk on legs.

Ouch!
07-10-2007, 08:04 AM
When I lived in Indonesia, I once saw a spider with a body as big as my hand (that would be about eight inches wide at its largest part). After seeing something that large up close, I find it very difficult to be afraid of any bugs. I do find most of the little things disgusting. I do make sport of throwing my wallet at flies, bees, and other airborne bugs. I was chasing a fly through my room for like twenty minutes before I whipped out my wallet and chucked it at the thing when it landed on a wall. It's been my preferred method of insect slaying ever since.

Resha
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Cockroaches make me cry. They actually make me cry. Oh god I hate those fuckers so much.

Nominus Experse
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
http://www.pestgon.com/Pictures/cockroach-3.jpg
This one doesn't look so ugly

I love how these things can theoretically survive a nuclear holocaust

kikimm
07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I've never actually seen a cockroach. Except maybe in a zoo. I might have seen one there. I wouldn't ever like to be in the same house with one, though.

Bees I'm not afraid of. If I see one, I'll make sure to stay out of its way, but I'm not going to run around screaming about it like those idiot girls do. Ugh.

Slade
07-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm not overly scared of many bugs, the only one I have a real problem with are praying mantis. Don't ask me why but they just creep me out. There was also this extremely large stick insect I saw in Australia that I never want to see ever again in my life. No lies it was around the length of a 30cm ruler! I kid you not. I couldn't sleep that night. Sad but true :greenie:

Anaisa
07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not overly scared of many bugs, the only one I have a real problem with are praying mantis. Don't ask me why but they just creep me out. I don't like them either, but I know why. It's their freaky cannibalistic mating activities which makes me think their creepy.

Deborah
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I hate so much I was trying not to look at the photo of them and then eh someone had to post one no! They are gross as all bugs are ewww. :(

Jess
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm scared of cockroaches, bees, spiders and any other creepy crawlies/scary flying things. :jess:

Evastio
07-12-2007, 02:28 AM
I've never had any experience with cockroaches. As for bees I get scared when they crawl onto me and try to sting me. That hasn't happened much.

Rye
07-12-2007, 02:29 AM
CICADAS ARE MY ONLY ENEMY THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME. :[

Miriel
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
I live in South Central LA. There are lots of roaches, everywhere. Roaches at school, roaches in the restaurants, roaches in my apartment. I'm not scared of them. I just want to kill every last one that comes into my sight. KILL KILL KILL.

DarkCloud_BD
07-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Ugh, I hate roaches, they make me puke... Everytime I see one (fortunately, that happens very rarely) it makes me want to bash something in it multiple times... Oh, and I fucking hate the fact that they don't die easily. One time I just went to the kitchen to get something and there was one on the floor... I went to get something strong -a shoe- and bashed it into him once... and it was still moving >_>
Oh... And I don't have a problem with bugs that stay away from me... If they do however get close... They won't have a long life.

Bowser
07-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Those things scare the crap out of me.

daggertrepe
07-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Daddy Long Legs are totally harmless. Flies are the grossest things everr.

cloud21zidane16
07-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Daddy Long Legs are totally harmless. Flies are the grossest things everr.

daddy long legs are pretty pointless too, why are they even here:confused:

Northcrest
07-13-2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.pestgon.com/Pictures/cockroach-3.jpg
This one doesn't look so ugly

I love how these things can theoretically survive a nuclear holocaust

I use to have coachroaches in my house alot bigger than that.

MKusanagi
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Hell yeah roaches gross me out. I went to TX last summer and we got a "great deal" on a motel. Well. There were cockroaches.
|-------------------------------| <that size. Fucking gross. I slept with the lights on and clothes and on the covers with my shoes off the floor. Every night. And I was with my roommate who's phobic (sorta, though she still stayed in the room and even got a few Zzzz's) so I HAD to kill it. Ick!