PDA

View Full Version : Similarities between my theories on FF8 and Chrono Cross

Future Esthar
07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
I will post the equivalences between FF8 and Chrono Chross.
This will be updated from time to time.
Try to see it for yourself now.They will be discussed later.

1-Edeaīs House beach->Opassa beach.

2-Ultimecia->Schala

3-Griever->Time Devourer

4-Esthar->Dead sea

5-Pupu->Starky

6->Balamb Garden->Chronopolis

7-Propagators->Dragon Gods

8-Adel->Time Devourer (first form)

WOTC theory->TCA(Time compressed Archipelago) theory

9-Edea->Linx

10-Odine->Baltasar?(if Odine is good)Fate?(if he is bad)

11-Fishermans Horizon->Bend of time?Guldove?

12->Centra Civilization->Reptite race

13->Winhill Civilization->Human race

Thatīs all for now.If you think on my theories on FF8 you will get some of the relations on Chrono Cross.(For example,the Garden is a time travelling machine and Esthar is on the future).

Lionheart00
07-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Fe......im gonna have to agree with you on all this......your theories are mostly based on speculation but great speculation at that.....I mean.....what else can you do with a game besides see it or play it.......

atlanteay
07-10-2007, 05:24 AM
i've never played Chrono Cross so none of those things above make much sense. It does show that you've put in a lot of effort thinking those up.

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
that seems pretty accurate, what made you first think that they are similar?

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
How about Sephiroth FFVII and Lloyd LoD?
1-He's pretty strong in the begining and you can't compete with him then.
2-You cross the world in shearch to destroy him to stop his evil plans.
3-You never seem to arrive on time before he escapes.
4-The Final Boss on disk 3.
5-Platinum Blond Hair.
6-Used to be a hero for his cause.
7-Dress in Black.
8-More than human.
9-Has a deadly sword.
10-Kills off one important character in the game...
11-...mostly at the end of disk one.
12-Is being controlled by someone else.
13-Uses a Masamune as standart sword.
14-Wants to destroy the world...
15-... With one big rock! (Planet)

Future Esthar
07-10-2007, 11:03 PM
What is LoD?

14-Lunatic Pandora->Terra Tower

15-Ifrit->Lavos

Itīs easy to understand how the Garden time travels.
The gauge seems to be made of a special material,crystal-like.It looks like a piece of the crystal pillar.It probably distorts gravity.
When it rotates,itīs field rotates also.According to Lucca,a rotation field enables time travel.

Hyperion4444
07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
LOD=Legend of Dragoon
Never heard of it?
Great Game!

Ryushikaze
07-11-2007, 11:42 PM

Both are Beaches.

2-Ultimecia->Schala

There is no similarity between Ultimecia and Schala.

3-Griever->Time Devourer

Visually, no, and there's nothing else to suggest they are similar.

4-Esthar->Dead sea

Esthar is not a time frozen dead land stuck outside of time and space.

5-Pupu->Starky

In that both are talking things, yes, but otherwise no.

Even with your theories, there's not a lot in common between the places.

No. Just... No.

Both are ugly. Otherwise, no.

TCA? Don't tell me you've made a theory about CC and are trying to justify it that way?

9-Edea->Linx

This I'll give you. Both are parental figures used by the main evil for their own nefarious ends.

You're not even sure about this one, and you're asking us to weigh it?

No. Remember, you can't take your postulate as true.

Only in that they were both wiped out by a cataclysm at their height. But the Centra people are the same species as the people of Winhill, Balamb, Galbadia, etc.

No. Because there is no "Winhill Civilization". It's part of Galbadia.

Thatīs all for now.If you think on my theories on FF8 you will get some of the relations on Chrono Cross.(For example,the Garden is a time travelling machine and Esthar is on the future).

Except neither is true. Because you've not provided evidence one that either is true.

What is LoD?

[quote]14-Lunatic Pandora->Terra Tower

Elaborate.

15-Ifrit->Lavos

If you think there is anything similar about Ifrit and Lavos, you need to replay either FF or CT.

The gauge seems to be made of a special material,crystal-like.It looks like a piece of the crystal pillar.It probably distorts gravity.

Garden does not time travel. If you wish to say it does, back it up. Similarly with your claim that the 'gauge' is a piece of the pillar or that it distorts gravity.

When it rotates,itīs field rotates also.According to Lucca,a rotation field enables time travel.

So, when I spin a magnet, I enable time travel? Not all field rotation involves time travel,FE.

Dr. Acula
07-13-2007, 11:03 AM
So what? They're similar. It doesn't prove any of your theories.

McLovin'
07-13-2007, 07:38 PM
What's your point? The games have some similarities...woo hoo....

Future Esthar
07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Bespoken by Future Esthar

Both are Beaches.

At the sowthwestern tip of a land and where you proceed to the end of the game.Voila.

2-Ultimecia->Schala
There is no similarity between Ultimecia and Schala.

3-Griever->Time Devourer
Visually, no, and there's nothing else to suggest they are similar.

In both cases they join at the end of the game on special places to negate space and time.Schala is also blonde.And she speaks near the end.R=U theorists will also see the similarities between Schala looking for Serge and Rinoa looking for Squall.If this donīt convince you that the games are related,then what else?

Even with your theories, there's not a lot in common between the places.

Without my theories you have the physical similarities,the fact that there is a B1 level,it has many levels(the Garden have 3 levels but the bridge can be counted as a fourth).There is a boss on B1.It rests on an island.The quad is to the west and in an open place (when the Garden moves it has water around) resembling the harbor of Chronopolis(where Starky charges the gadget).The elevator is on the middle and the place
with the minirobot can be regarded as the MD level(I admit this last one is farfetched but we had to give it a try).

No. Just... No.

Both are ugly. Otherwise, no.

The Propagators are all a single entity trying to maintain their colony.
There is only ONE CC equivalent-The Dragon Gods.A single entity,the Time Devourer was divided into 6 different entities.
The Time Devourer appears atop Terra Tower which is the equivalent to the Lunatic Pandora.Which means that the TD is the equivalent to Adel.More on Lunatic Pandora later.

TCA? Don't tell me you've made a theory about CC and are trying to justify it that way?

Ignore this by know.This was just an introduction to later theories.Just for curiosity.

You're not even sure about this one, and you're asking us to weigh it?

Itīs a conditional,Ryu.I am also here to learn from you,not just the opposite.

No. Remember, you can't take your postulate as true.

?????????????????????????????

Only in that they were both wiped out by a cataclysm at their height. But the Centra people are the same species as the people of Winhill, Balamb, Galbadia, etc.

No. Because there is no "Winhill Civilization". It's part of Galbadia.

This will be explained on the Esthar part.

14-Lunatic Pandora->Terra Tower
Elaborate.

Terra tower is a floating place we must go just before the end boss
The same goes with LP.
Note also the similarity between the shape of the Pillar and the shape of the tower atop(without the land).Both look like a sand clock.

15-Ifrit->Lavos
If you think there is anything similar about Ifrit and Lavos, you need to replay either FF or CT.

There is so much to say about this that I will not made this subject my priority.
I know why you are surprised.Comparing the first boss of a game(unimportant to the storyline) with the major boss of another.

Garden does not time travel. If you wish to say it does, back it up. Similarly with your claim that the 'gauge' is a piece of the pillar or that it distorts gravity.

So, when I spin a magnet, I enable time travel? Not all field rotation involves time travel,FE.

This was explained on Chronopolis.
I am not referring to the normal rotation of the gauge we usually see on the field.
Itīs a very fast rotation.
This fast rotation happens when we try to cross the Trabia Crater.
This rotation is probably of Cosmological proportions to generate a space-time distortion.
A lot of energy is needed to go from the Trabia+Balamb era to Grandid+Mordred era.
This fast rotation also happens in other places but the gauge is underwater and we donīt see it.The only exception is when crossing from Galbadia to Winhill but the time difference is so little that it happens quickly.

4-Esthar->Dead sea
Esthar is not a time frozen dead land stuck outside of time and space.

Both are eastern
Both are futuristic
Both are difficult to enter.
There were people coming from them to the outside world.

From here I theorize that the holographic wall divide two different eras.
I think that Esthar city is Winhill on the future.So Estharians are Winhillians.
Thatīs why I said that the Winhillians represent the human race.
Dr Odine is the evil guy deceiving the Estharians
When some Estharians came to the outside world they built FH.They built it over the flooded Centra castle.
Many years on the future it became the DSRC.Then suddenly,Ice age came about and the waters receded.The remodeled DSRC covered the castle.Balamb Garden was built over both.
Dr Odine manipulated everything to control the Propagators ruling over Centra.
Propagators were very special to the Centra civilization as the Dragon Gods are special to the Reptite race.
See the relation now?

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Here are my answer and opiniones from 1 to 6 of your list of equivalences. I'm still writing the others.

Future Esthar
07-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I am not saying that there werenīt differences.I am just telling the similarities.
Now,without theories.

1-Edeaīs house beach=Opassa beach
Southwestern tip of a land(it didnīt matter the world).
Accessed just before the end
2-Ultimecia->Schala
Both blonde
Both conditioned to a monster
You donīt know Ultiīs hair before.
Both says last words which arenīt menacing.
3-Griever->Time Devourer
See above
4-Esthar->Dead Sea
Both at east
Both futuristic
Both difficult to access
6-Balamb Garden->Chronopolis
I pretty much explained a lot of similarities above.Only the last line relied on a theory.

The pupu thing is obvious but it didnīt matter that much.

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I am not saying that there werenīt differences.I am just telling the similarities.
Now,without theories.

1-Edeaīs house beach=Opassa beach
Southwestern tip of a land(it didnīt matter the world).
Accessed just before the end

Opassa was accessed also at the beginning, Edea's house not. So? A lot of games have beaches in the southwestern tip of the land. Like Shadow of the Colossus.

2-Ultimecia->Schala
Both blonde
Both conditioned to a monster
You donīt know Ultiīs hair before.
Both says last words which arenīt menacing.

Schala isn't evil, Ultimecia yes. You don't know Ultimecia hair either, In-game Ultimecia's hair is Silver-like. Schala's hair was originally blue, and later blonde, because of a retcon. Schala didn't die, Ultimecia did.

3-Griever->Time Devourer
See above

See what I said about Griever. He isn't controlling Ultimecia, and the Time Devourer controled Schala.

4-Esthar->Dead Sea
Both at east
Both futuristic
Both difficult to access

So? a lot of games have a futuristic city, a difficult to access city, and an east city, so? The designers just mixed up this characteristics.

6-Balamb Garden->Chronopolis
I pretty much explained a lot of similarities above.Only the last line relied on a theory.

The levels of a building have noting to do with anything. In every game, there are buildings with diffent levels. it's an irrevelant type of similarity.

The pupu thing is obvious but it didnīt matter that much.

Then why do you add it?

The games share in-game similarities and in-game homages, like nearly every game made by Square until now. But not to explain theories, just like homages.

Now, I'm not against theories, just try not to make them enter in our minds as if they were the only truth. Neither try to make a religion of it. Just enjoy the game.

Yes, share your theories, and I don't mind if you ask what we think about them. But you are asking what we think, and this is what we think. Some will be assholes, like me, because we don't share the same point of view, but don't try to change our mind, it will not work. Some will be with you, some not. It's a matter of point of view. No one will win, actually, all of us loose. Just share your theories, but just SHARE them.

Future Esthar
07-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I know writers can make similar things on different games.
But there are too many coincidences to be random.
Look at the physical similarity between Garden and Chronopolis.It was one of the first things I noticed.

Ramza Beoulve
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Look at the physical similarity between Garden and Chronopolis.It was one of the first things I noticed.God... Homages!? I said more than enough, and it looks like that you haven't read what I said in the last part of my post. I get out of here, I don't care anymore.

Tallulah
07-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Look at the physical similarity between Garden and Chronopolis.It was one of the first things I noticed.God... Homages!? I said more than enough, and it looks like that you haven't read what I said in the last part of my post. I get out of here, I don't care anymore.

I was never here in the first place. Fe and 'theories' have a kind of mental block with me.

I cannot say a lot as I have never played Chrono Cross. But really it's like saying 'omg zidane knowz clowd cuz he recugnizez hiz sword in da weapun shop!!!!!111111one' i.e. games produced by the same company will have subtle references for the fans.

Jyust my $0.02. :eep: I know this will never stop the maness.

Future Esthar
07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
They werenīt homages because they were too many.
Too many coincidences.
An homage happens ocasionally.

By the way,why canīt I discuss my theories.If I were just to share theories I would not choose a discussion forum.

Dr. Acula
07-15-2007, 04:39 AM
FE, everybody IS discussing it. They're just sharing their opinions on your theories.

My opinion:

They're made by the same company, aren't they? Now I haven't played CC, but they probably ran out of ideas so they used some old ones, hence the similarities. It could have been deliberate. but who knows for sure? I think the coincidences are just that... coincidences.

edczxcvbnm
07-21-2007, 06:19 AM
This thread will force a Jihad AND a Crusade against the FFVIII board. It is that stupid and sacrilegious against Chrono Cross.

McLovin'
07-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Unleash ya'lls fury!

Grazia
08-10-2007, 01:22 AM

FFVII & CC were made at around the same time... Square have ALWAYS been known for putting jokey things in that their fans will pick up on and go "oh, that reminds me of...reh reh reh" Its something that they did for the fun of it during the creation process.

I think you're thinking WAAAAAY too hard about these games and their similarities, they're computer games & nothing more, so you dont need to come up with "theories" to explain or justify anything that is in either of them. They're similar because they were created by the same company and probably had a number of people who had/have worked on both the Chrono series and the FF series, working on them. Please stop trying to over-analyze them because at the end of the day, this is almost as annoying as the 1203958238129239049439 FFVII theories and the "OMG I REVIVIED AERIS" nonsense & you cant even back anything you say with some kind of evidence that proves your point of view.

BG-57
08-10-2007, 03:12 AM
I found the Pupu/Starky comparison amusing, but I see little in the way of the comparisons between these games that couldn't also be made with other games.

And this thread reminds me of a quote by Louis Armstrong: "There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.”

Goldenboko
08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
They werenīt homages because they were too many.
Too many coincidences.
An homage happens ocasionally.

By the way,why canīt I discuss my theories.If I were just to share theories I would not choose a discussion forum.

We are discussing. Not everyone is going to agree with you, face it, in fact since you're making theories most people aren't going to agree with you.

I find this to be stupid. Square makes homages all the time. Almost all of FFIX was homage, people accept that and don't go around saying that FFIX is the cross between all FF worlds.

The thing that really kills you're argument is the vagueness of you're comparisons. The only thing that really makes them closely linked is that both games have time travel incoperated.

In short FFVIII does not = CC

Future Esthar
08-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Well,I am not saying CC is FF8.
It is a question of interpretation.
I can say then that the entire CC game is an homage to the entire FF8 game so the secret storyline also.Thatīs why I can use Chrono Cross to devise theories for FF8.
If itīs an homage its one more reason to do this.

Goldenboko
08-11-2007, 07:56 PM
You're not getting my point. Video game theories are worthless 99% of the time you're just making things up to amuse yourself because the theories are not what the developers meant at all.
These are homages fun little things the developers threw in there to amuse themselves and to congratulate people who have played their other games. Making theories based off it is pointless, especially how I fail to see how many of these connections even work.

Homages aren't suppose to unveil some secret subplot to story.

Future Esthar
08-11-2007, 08:07 PM
I donīt agree.
I agree that CC in an homage in the sense that it is a reconstruction of FF8 but going in a different path.
Itīs like going from point A to point B.
You can go through different paths.
In CC they went to different paths to show things about FF8 which are there but werenīt obvious.
CC is to FF8 what Blue Shift is to Half Life.
Itīs not like Serge represent Squall or something but he is to Squall what Barny is to Gordon Freeman.

Goldenboko
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
If thats what you've been trying to say then I disagree more fiercely then before. CC is the sequel to Chrono Trigger. Just by knowing facts about the game you can see how it doesn't add up at all.

Ultimecia is a crazed loon seeking power where Schala is a young women seeking refrence from her mother, who was far more like Ultimecia then she ever was.
Also the ideas of time travel are completely different. If FFVIII and CC where just different ways of getting from point A to point B then they laws of nature should be the same, and they aren't. In FFVIII time travel cannot be done without some ildefined power and not even that can bring bodies back in time, only minds (whatever Ellone had I don't quite remember), but in CT (I'm going to say CT because I know more about it, and CC being its sequel has the same game laws) time travel can be done by anyone who has the proper piece of technology.

Future Esthar
08-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I would like to discuss this things at my other thread because it involves theories.
This thread is for simple similarities which donīt require theories.
These include Chronopolis/Balamb Garden,time travel,beach at soutwest tip,etc...
I will make an exception.
We time travel on FF8 more than what we think.
Pretty much every vehicle on FF8 is a time travelling machine.
Did you realize there are two kinds of trains at Galbadia?
An old one and a new one.The old ones are continental and the new ones are intercontinental.
The old ones couldnīt cross the continents because they canīt time travel.Would they try to do so they would be stuck at an holographic wall.
Dr Odine possessed some shumies which evolved through time.
The different evolutions of these shumies on different eras created time travelling vehicles on their eras.
People get used to the vehicles without realizing they were surrounded by an holographic wall.
Since the vehicles time travel automatically when they cross the walls and these ones show illusions of what is supposed to be on the other side(but they show images of the destined era) ,Odineīs plan worked too well.
People grow thinking the world was normal.

I

Goldenboko
08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Did you realize there are two kinds of trains at Galbadia?
An old one and a new one.The old ones are continental and the new ones are intercontinental.
The old ones couldnīt cross the continents because they canīt time travel.Would they try to do so they would be stuck at an holographic wall.

I need some kind of proof that this is the reason why because that seems completely made up. How about a much simpler explaination, old trains are older, and much more unreliable, so they travel continentally so if it breaks down all of the passengers don't die.

Future Esthar
08-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Updated

Goldenboko
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Can I have a source when they say that in the game? Because with you, sometimes I don't know if you said it, or the game said it, because you often take your theories as fact.

If you back that up with something with the game I will respectfully back out of the debate about the trains, because when it comes down to it I did skip a decent amount of this games dialogue (I never did enjoy the story)

Future Esthar
08-11-2007, 09:46 PM
there isnīt evidence for it nor against it.
As long as it works I could believe it.

Goldenboko
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
So you made that up, and that suppose to prove you're theory about the trains?

Theories need facts otherwise they're just fan fiction

Aerith's Knight
08-14-2007, 10:00 PM
never played chrono cross... so you could probably convince me of anything.. except that im a chocobo.. thats just ludacris.. :)

Dr. Acula
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Theories need facts otherwise they're just fan fiction