PDA

View Full Version : As if guided by God, I am creating it. My New World. My Silent Kingdom.

Wolf Kanno
07-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Inspired by the moral question brought up in one of my favorite RPGs. Say you were placed into a situation where you were chosen to choose the new form of the world. Unfortunately you can only choose between three different options given to you...

Shijima - "The Value of Order" - The realm of absolute order and balance. In this world, laws and order govern everything and everyone has a place and role to fulfill within a strict heirarchy. Everyone helps each other and maintains the status quo. There is no sadness, hate, or boundaries that seperate us from one another. But also, there is no love or happiness, nor true sense of individuality.

Yosuga - "Survival of the Fittest" - The natural order but pushed to an extreme, compassion for the weak is gone and the weak are systematically removed. The strongest and smartest rule and those who choose not to follow must either prove their strength to survive or be "weeded out". Though cruel and chaotic, the world is constantly shifting and new and people are forced to stay innovative and adaptable. If you have the strength to survive you can maintain your own sense freedom.

Musubi - "Hyper-Individualistic Thought" - A world where everyone believes and lives only for themselves. All life is seperate and we exist in a state of permanent internal thought. Life begins and ends with yourself. People exist without the need of others. You cannot affect the lives of others and others cannot affect you. A permanent state of solitude with self fulfillment of the ego is all there is.

So choose your poison.

Rengori
07-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Survival of the fittest. No contest.

Rase
07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Of those three, I would have to say the Yosuga one, or Survival of the Fittest. I do not want a world where I can not experience happiness and love, nor one where I can not interact with others.

Meat Puppet
07-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Come on Shijima!

Behold the Void
07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
These are the options available to recreate the world at the end of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne aren't they?

Anyway, of the three, my poison is most certainly Yosuga, for I value individuality and the presence of others.

Yuffie514
07-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Shijima sounds nice but Musubi is the direction i will go.

kikimm
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm kind of torn between Musubi and Yosuga. Although maybe I'm leaning more towards Yosuga for the reasons Rase listed. That's actually very important to me. And I guess they make living in a super cruel world worth it?

Zante
07-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Musubi, though all of the choices blow.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Personally, none of them, but if I had to chose, I would choose Musubi.

Cz
07-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Musubi is the least unattractive of the three options, in my opinion.

Bunny
07-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Yosuga has the best chance of being the most corrupt. I'll choose it for fun and giggles.

Madame Adequate
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Yosuga. Although I would argue that such a system is functionally the same as 'hyper-individualism', but anyway yes - I'd choose that one. Musubi sounds interesting, and is highly appealing, but with no interaction I wouldn't like it. If interaction were solely voluntary, then I'd go for that one in a heartbeat.

Garnie
07-10-2007, 01:09 PM
order!
by working together the world can overcome anything....same life isnt like that huh....

Giga Guess
07-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Although I'm not fond of any of them, the Survival of the fittest one is the best one IMHO.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Darwinia. :)

Polaris
07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I'd go for the first one even though I don't like either three and I'm very apologistic of anarchy! However I don't like the idea of putting aside the weak and even less individuality! Do I really have to decide? :kaobeg:

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't like any of them, but I would choose Shijima if I had to.

Psychotic
07-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Mususbi. If I don't need others like it says, then I am not going to miss them.

Northcrest
07-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Shijima for me. Close second is Yosuga.

rubah
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Shijima kinda reminds me of Oz, as in the wizard's of, but more of when ozma is ruling it, with everyone helping following the rules.

Denmark
07-10-2007, 07:40 PM
when i read about Yosuga, three words come to mind:
THIS IS SPARTA

and so, for multiple reasons, i choose Yosuga.

Slothy
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Yosuga. Adaptation to change is a requirement for the survival of life, and only those capable of changing to fit the environment around them are worthy of survival. It's the way the world should run anyway if you ask me.

Wolf Kanno
07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
These are the options available to recreate the world at the end of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne aren't they?

Anyway, of the three, my poison is most certainly Yosuga, for I value individuality and the presence of others.

That is correct! Have a cookie!:D

The three choices are supposed to have inherant flaws as well as obvious attractions. The game is all about difficult choices with no clear morale right or wrong. Their are three other options but the game mostly focuses on these three, so I stuck with them. That and trying to explain two of the other three would take a while whereas the third option is rather boring and most likely the one everyone would choose in comparison to the other options. The other three paths are Neutral, Chaos, and Destruction.

Of the three choices I made. I'm going with Yosuga and like Vivi22, I really do feel the world should be more like this.

As for Milf's comment about Musubi and Yosuga being similiar, let me divulge some more information. Society can actually still exist in Yosuga. People can ban together to protect themselves from greater threats but the structure of heirarchy is determined by personal strength. In Musubi, the world no longer really exists. Only the illusion of it created by our minds. People may exist in our personal worlds but they are nothing more than extensions of our beings so they can hardly influence you since you are subconsciously controlling them. Musubi is a world of personal illusions to satisfy your own interest whereas Yosuga is Darwinism pushed to an extreme.

Mirage
07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
You mean "evolution", not darwinism, I think.

Anyway, Yosuga ftw. It's basically what we have today anyway, just that some groups think of protecting those who aren't the strongest will strengthen the group as a whole, and that would just be a change from "survival of the fittest" to "survival of the fittest society".

Tavrobel
07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Shijima.

oddler
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Shijima. I'd be a bee but that's my pick out of the three. :(

Yosuga sounds like how I would expect a highly advanced alien society to act.
Musubi just seems doomed from the get-go.

This is all very depressing. :tongue:

MoonZapdos
07-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Yosuga. Being strong is victory. Being weak is not an option.

Zeromus_X
07-11-2007, 04:54 AM
While none of the options are terribly appealing, I would have to go with Yosuga.

Dynast-Kid
07-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Yosuga ftw.

All three sound awful, but I chose Yosuga 'cause I guess it's not as terrible...

Iceglow
07-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Yosuga. The world is full of the strong who make decisions strength is not determined by muscles alone so even a slender person or a woman can be considered "Stronger" it just depends on how far you are willing to go to keep on top of the others, also how you approach things.

Madame Adequate
07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Question about yosuga: Is it in fact an active pursecution of the weak, or merely a complete lack of helping them in any way?

Peegee
07-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Everything but Yosuga has a guaranteed result of being terrible. Shijima reminds me of 'Brave New World', which while is perfect, lacks man qualities we primitive creatures consider human. I voted Yosuga.

Grazia
07-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Yosuga

Wolf Kanno
07-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Question about yosuga: Is it in fact an active pursecution of the weak, or merely a complete lack of helping them in any way?

It's never stated in the game I'm afraid but judging by the demons who were for this Reason, they do actually systematically wipe out an inferior race to summon their Reason into existence (Avatar Baal). But judging by dialogue it would most likely be a combination of both actually. Some would probably wipe out anyone inferior while others would just ignore the weak and wait for them to die. The weak being exploited is certain.