PDA

View Full Version : is this game good

smily face
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I only played FFX and that was great

Cookie
07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
X-2 is a decent game. Different though.

In before lulz tihs gaem r crapz0rz!!11!11!

demondude
07-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Rikku wears a thong

Insta-win

SeeDRankLou
07-10-2007, 09:11 PM
It's good if you aren't expecting another FFX. If you do that you will be sadly disappointed. However, if you treat it as just a new game, you might be pleasantly surprised. You are however about to read about 100 posts saying how this is the crappiest game in existence and how their eyes bleed when they play it.

Don't listen to mine or anyone else's opinion. I like it, others don't. Rent it and play it for a while and see what you think. If you like it, buy it. Just know that the story doesn't really start being that interesting until about a third of the way through the game.

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
It depends on what you like in a game.

The gameplay is great. Very fast paced battle system, and you have dresspheres, which work like jobs.

The music is...okay...it wasn't horrible, but it's definitely not Final Fantasy's best.

The story isn't well done. The game is done in a chapter system. There are five chapters, and a few different endings. What ending you get depends on what percentage you have when you beat the game. If you want to get 100% in one run (there is a new game plus feature) you should pick up a guide first. Also, you're pretty much doing sidequests that have nothing to do with the main plot the whole game, so the story isn't developed well. It's a nice story, but the chapter thing sorta ruined it...

When I saw the opening sequence, I was like, O_O
OMGWTFCHARLIE'SANGELSSAILORMOON!

I LOVED this game. It wasn't my favorite, but I enjoyed it.

A lot of people are going to tell you it sucked, though.

cloud21zidane16
07-10-2007, 09:25 PM
i agree with SeeDRanklou its is a good game but not what youd expect after playing X

The Ceej
07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
It was a good game. Far from the best, but still enjoyable. It's not really a sequel to Final Fantasy X, though. It's got many of the same characters, but the system is too different. It's not a bad system and in many ways it's better than Final Fantasy X's. However, it was different enough for me to yell, "Spinoff!"

Timerk
07-10-2007, 09:30 PM
It's worth playing if you are a FFX fan.

Hazzard
07-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm a major FFX fan, and I hated this game. I would separate it from the original and it didn't feel like playing a standardly good FF game, but something more mediocre and cheap. It's was decent with the battle system, but I wasn't a fan of the game overall.

Mirage
07-10-2007, 10:52 PM
It's good enough for me to spend 300 hours on. It is very different from FFX, so liking FFX won't automatically make you like this game.

Its strengths are a great battle system with a nice implementation of a job system, non-linearity, and side quests.

Its weaknesses are a poor story, sub-par music, and some silly dialogue.

Timerk
07-10-2007, 11:41 PM
It's good enough for me to spend 300 hours on. It is very different from FFX, so liking FFX won't automatically make you like this game.

That's true, but it doesn't make much sense to tell someone who loved, or even liked, X to stay away from X-2.

If X-2 is a good game is up for debate, but I think it is a must play for anyone who enjoyed the characters and story of X.

Mirage
07-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't think it is a must at all. I'd say it's only a 'must' if you enjoy gameplay above story.

Psychotic
07-11-2007, 02:42 AM
I really enjoyed FFX-2, and I thought it was better than FFX. So in response to the question of "is this game good", the answer is a resounding yes.

Its strengths are a great battle system with a nice implementation of a job system, non-linearity, and side quests.

Its weaknesses are a poor story, sub-par music, and some silly dialogue.This is a really good post which sums it up perfectly. And this thread has been surprisingly positive so far - it's a welcome surprise, too. I guess there's only so many times you can mindlessly post "IT SUCKS!" before it gets boring.

Markus. D
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
The story isn't well done. The game is done in a chapter system. There are five chapters, and a few different endings. What ending you get depends on what percentage you have when you beat the game.

Or if you lose to a certain boss :S...

The Ceej
07-11-2007, 11:02 PM
What boss would that be? I didn't lose to any bosses in that game.

Jessweeee♪
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
What boss would that be? I didn't lose to any bosses in that game.

It's at the end...if you take too long to defeat him, then you see a short cutscene of Spira being destroyed.

The Ceej
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure if I need to spoiler this, so...

And does that give you a bad ending or just deprive you of the good ending? I got both the regular ending and the good ending my first time through (still haven't played a second) but not the perfect ending as I didn't get 100%).

Timerk
07-12-2007, 12:12 AM
The world being destroyed seems to be the very definition of A Bad Ending.

The Ceej
07-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Now I almost want to do that just to see that ending.

Jessweeee♪
07-12-2007, 02:10 AM
You just see the Bad Ending, then the Game Over screen, I think...I only saw it once :P

Hambone
07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I've never lost on Vegnagun, and couldn't bring myself to lose just for that reason. The different endings are posted on Youtube, btw.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 01:12 PM
A good game. Don't expect something like FFX though. I can understand all the hate..i mean its really girl-power fluffy and stuff..but i still really enjoyed it. And it ended the FFX story in a really nice way imo(if you at least get the Good Ending and not the Regular..the Perfect Ending finished everything up nicely). The music overall is pretty bland and uninspired but some tracks(like Yuna's Ballad) are stand-out tracks. Gameplay is nice and fast. Graphics still look reall nice. And the best thing for me was to see how the other characters from FFX were doing. That was pretty cool to see. The game is easy though..and while you do have side-quests..they're nothing like the side-quests from FFX. But all in all i really enjoyed this one. It still had that charm of FFX that i love and it's still a great experience if you have played FFX IF you don't expect the same thing as FFX.

Northcrest
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I only played FFX and that was great

Yeah I was wondering if this game was any good I had just beaten X and still want more from the story. My barber is selling 2 copies of X-2 for about 12.99 but since I'm his favorite customer he usually sells games to me with a $5.00 discount. Which is cheap enough for me.

Limabean
07-18-2007, 04:22 AM
this game sucked

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2007, 04:38 AM
Just because you didn't like it doesn't necesarily mean it sucks :greenie:

frequency
07-19-2007, 03:18 PM
If you want something that will have you stabbing yourself in the head because the optional bosses are so immensely difficult then go for it.

I think they tagged too many side things on and didn't pay enough attention to the main story...which is tragic for an FF, really.

Brennan
07-19-2007, 03:43 PM
It's worth playing if you're bored.
And if you wanna see what happens after FFX.

Chewy
07-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Its a good game because it ties up FFX

4evarisha
07-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Its fun the dressphere change and garment grids are cool.also the battle system is too.

Namelessfengir
07-22-2007, 05:26 AM
i liked it

Nifleheim7
07-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I liked it and hated it at the same time!:spin:

The Ceej
07-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about, Nifleheim.

The things I complained about in that game, the things I hated are the very things that I loved and that made it great. It's a paradox. Even I don't understand. But yeah. Once you stop taking it as a sequel to Final Fantasy X, you'll enjoy it a lot more. It's not like Final Fantasy X and never will be like it. So just pretend it's not a sequel and all of a sudden, it's a lot better than it just was.

Christmas
07-18-2022, 11:44 AM
Better than Pacman I think. It has big boobs, manly chest and blue kitty's butt.