PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy Bioshock(Aug 21st Xbox 360) or Blue Dragon(Aug 28th Xbox 360)?

Dragonsoul
07-10-2007, 08:39 PM
The rpg season starts on Aug 28th with Blue Dragon on Xbox 360. Bioshock for Xbox 360 comes out on Aug 21st and is just as huge in general but is more of a 1st person shooter and action/adventure game than it is an action rpg. Anyways, these are both huge releases which start the fall gaming season. I'm getting Blue Dragon although I'm interested in Bioshock. If Bioshock doesn't have too many hours of gameplay I could get it, otherwise I don't have time to play it. What game are you getting? :)

Flying Mullet
07-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Neither.

Then again, I don't have an XBox 360.

Dreddz
07-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Both. But Ill get Bioshock before Blue Dragon.

Dragonsoul
07-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I am not sure how many hours of gameplay Bioshock is. Who has an estimate please. I also wonder how many hours it is with no sidequests and 100% sidequests. Please tell me if you know the hours length for Blue Draogn with 0% and 100% sidequests respectively.

Also, I read about Bioshock, but I'm still confused on the type of game it is. What game has similar gameplay? I read about it but didn't see a gameplay trailer yet. Please tell me more.

Blue Dragon seems good but I'm more excited about Zelda and FF XII: RW. I like Lost Odyssey as much as Blue Dragon, and I like Mass Effect less than these four. These are my top 5 rpg's ocming up. I barely like FF XII: RW more than Zelda I believe. I'm looking forward to these 5.

Post editing is loading slow and not loading actually, let me add this...

Dreddz, you say you will get BS before BD but is that based just on the earlier release date for BS or are you just looking forward to BS more than BD?

Edit by Roogle: Dragonsoul, it is against the rules to post a message twice in a row. It does not matter whether you find it quick or slow to edit a post.

XxSephirothxX
07-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Bioshock, because it is going to be oh-so-much better.

Dragonsoul
07-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Azar, I don't see your vote, please vote on the poll.

Bioshock looks great! I need to see gameplay footage not just pics and articles and info about it. I seen gameplay, pics, articles on Blue Dragon it is also great.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Bioshock - for the PC, of course. :cool:

EDIT:

Also, I read about Bioshock, but I'm still confused on the type of game it is. What game has similar gameplay? I read about it but didn't see a gameplay trailer yet. Please tell me more.

Bioshock is a spiritual sequel to System Shock 2. It mixes RPG elements with FPS. There is a chemical around the underwater city called Adam, which the player can gather up and use to upgrade their stats (eg strength, speed, weapons, hacking, repair) similar to the cybernetic modules used in System Shock 2.

In System Shock 2, you had to have a weapon skill to use pistols, a higher one for the shotgun and an even higher one for the assault rifle. It was interesting, because a player could improve their skills whatever way they wanted. I usually concentrated on the standard weapons and hacking skills, but I lost out on energy weapons and exotic weapons. I was strong but slow. These RPG-style elements will also appear in Bioshock.

Dragonsoul
07-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder if it would cost me more money to upgrade my pc to play Bioshock or to get the cheap version of XB 360($299).

I don't need to upgrade my pc until Starcraft 2 comes out because I only play Real time strategy games on pc. As far as those go I only play Warcraft 2(before) and Starcraft(before and now), haven't played Warcraft III much or World of Warcraft ever by the way. I also play emulated games but they don't need to have a high quality pc though.

I'll get XB 360, it has tons of games I can play. :D

Rase
07-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Neither.

Then again, I don't have an XBox 360.
Same here, plus my laptop probably won't be able to handle Bioshock. I'm hoping to meet someone in college who has a 360 and will get Bioshock so I can try it out.

Slothy
07-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Bioshock, but for the PC. Honestly, Blue Dragon holds no interest for me at all despite being from Mist Walker. Honestly, it sounds too much like a traditional Japanese RPG to me from what I've read. Just the fact that it's a turn based system is enough to put me off at this point. I've been playing RPG's with turn based battle systems for about 15 years or more now. It's time to move on. Bioshock on the other hand looks like one of the most creative and original games I've seen in years.

Dreddz
07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Dreddz, you say you will get BS before BD but is that based just on the earlier release date for BS or are you just looking forward to BS more than BD?

Because Bioshock is going to kick the crap out of Blue Dragon. So the latter.

JKTrix
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, Xbox doesn't exactly have the Final Fantasy Fanbase that would go for Blue Dragon, but those that do exist will go for it. I will admit that I'm more excited for Blue Dragon (DEMO ON XBOX LIVE RIGHT NOW), but I haven't done much research on Bioshock and both are 'less important' games for me right now. Though I will get both.

Mass Effect in November ftw.

theundeadhero
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
The fate of the world hangs in the balance.

*Cringe*

Nifleheim7
07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not going to buy a 360 (my priorities are a psp,ps3,and maybe a wii much much later) so i'm not geting any of these two.
If i had a 360 though,i would have got blue dragon.
Bioshock looks and feels great but it's a FPS and i'm not into that.

Araciel
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
i would get both but my 360 is on ice right now...since it was one of the originals, i'm trying to figure out how to get microsoft to repair it since i was past warranty when it broke and i got it temporarily repaired by a third party....i think i'm just plain SOL.

Nifleheim7
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
i would get both but my 360 is on ice right now...since it was one of the originals, i'm trying to figure out how to get microsoft to repair it since i was past warranty when it broke and i got it temporarily repaired by a third party....i think i'm just plain SOL.

This sucks man...i hope you find a way to repair it.
That's why i'm always very skeptical when it comes to buy a ms product.

Araciel
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM
yeah it does suck....i haven't contacted them yet but i guess the worst they can do is say no

Dragonsoul
07-11-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't think I'll have time for Bioshock. Plus I found out today that Mass Effect for Xbox 360 got moved up two months to November! I believe it will be November 20th the same day that Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings comes out for Nintendo DS. During that day I'll still probably be playing Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360 which probably comes out on Oct 30th(confirmed for Oct). Oct 1st I'm getting The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS. August 28th I'm getting Blue Dragon for Xbox 360. So many games!

Here's my ranking of interest...
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for Nintendo DS
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS
Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360
Blue Dragon for Xbox 360
Mass Effect for Xbox 360

FF XII: RW and Zelda are both super ultimate and definete buys for me and FF XII: RW only barely edges out Zelda on my priority. Lost Odyssey is a step down from those two. Blue Dragon is basically two steps down from Lost Odyssey. Mass Effect is basically two steps down from Blue Dragon.

So basically it would be something like this...
FF XII: RW - 10
Zelda: PH - 10
Lost Odyssey - 9
Blue Dragon - 7.5
Mass Effect - 6.5

This is great! :)

I'm bumping this up since we are closer to purchase time. I'll rent both but probably won't buy or beat either one.

I'm playing FF XII and I'll beat it this fall along with Alundra 1, Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect(probably) by the way.

Edit by Psychotic: Don't double post, please. Use the edit/delete button instead (you could've deleted your older post and posted a new one if you felt like bumping the thread, for example). Thanks!

Rengori
08-19-2007, 07:51 AM
If I had a 360 I'd be eating these both up.

Fatal Impurity
08-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Bioshock looks a little freaky to me and doesnt really pique my interest too much. But nevertheless when something is hyped up this much and has got as many positive reviews as BS then it's a definate must have.

As for Blue Dragon...i'm a big fan of Sakaguchi-san's work so i have faith that he'll make it a great debut for his new company!

Madame Adequate
08-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Bioshock. But not until the 24th, seeing as they are Britain-hating communists. No real interest in Blue Dragon.

aquatius
08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Neither because I don't have an XBox or 360.

Mythra
08-20-2007, 01:03 AM
I have played the demo for both, and to me, Bioshock is the clear winner of the two. The atmosphere created by the environment really gets into your head. Not too mention a Big Daddy named Mr. Bubbles. Clearly any game with a hulking behemoth, who has a drill for an arm, and goes by the name of Mr. Bubbles is a winner in my book. Plus I thought the Blue Dragon demo was kind of boring imho.

Dragonsoul
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm getting excited, and as I said I'll rent both using Gamerang.com. Currently I'm playing Persona 3 and it is good but not super ultimate, it's about as good as Rogue Galaxy(played 13 hours only) but I'm only an hour into Persona 3 so far. I'll play it more later. What websites show video game sales chart, like boxofficemojo.com does?

Madame Adequate
08-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Have y'all seen the Bioshock review scores? I mean, this isn't in "Hey, that's a pretty neat game" territory; it's not even in "Whoa, this is pretty awesome, you should probably get it" territory. Nope, it currently appears to be in "Holy crap this game might just knock OoT off of the highest rated game ever pedastal" territory.

Dragonsoul
08-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I've noticed this as well, and I just created a thread based on that specific topic. Please post on it.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108869-bioshock-reviews-extremely-high.html

Gah! It comes out at midnite tonight! Do you think if I show up in line I can pick up a copy of the Xbox 360 collectors edition? What about the regular edition? I haven't pre-ordered any version of this game. The EB Games and Gamestop are both nearby me and probably will be open at midnite to sell this game. I wonder if I should get it.

Eh, I'm very interested in this game but I don't think so. I'll rent it but probably won't beat it or buy it. This is because it's a first person shooter with rpg elements and I don't like first person shooters. What do you guys think? :)