PDA

View Full Version : "ALL ABOARD! AHAHAHAHAHA!"

Goldenboko
07-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Have you ever been on a train? Did you like the ride?

I've been on a train before but it was a long time ago when we had to take one to New York City... All I remember is a smelly hobo ~_~

SHARE CRAZY TRAIN STORIES!

-lolz crazy train.

Psychotic
07-11-2007, 02:52 AM
I take the train daily during termtime. Copy paste from my LJ:

So, on Thursday, as I was waiting for a train, as I am prone to do on Thursdays, I had a charming conversation with someone who I believe to have been suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. He didn't look any different from the average person, with a shaved head and an adidas coat, but I assure you, he was absolutely barking.

As I strolled onto the platform, I noticed him wandering around, trying to engage people in conversation, but they just fobbed him off. I kinda figured he was one of those "Excuse me sir, can I possibly take 10 minutes of your time to do some random crappy stupid thing?" people, and I had a good 20 minutes before my train came, so when he approached me, I listened to what he had to say.

And now, my friends, I will reveal to you the great conspiracy that my new friend informed me of. The Jews are in control of everything. Oh yes, everything: The government, the media and the military. But not just any old Jews. Oh no. Neo-Nazi jews. When I inquired about how Jews could be Nazis, he informed me that the original Nazis were all Jewish, and that they had slaughtered millions of random Eastern Europeans who were merely disguised as jews, as an excuse to claim their own homeland.

Soon, they will launch missiles and plague on the arabs, or so said my lunatic pal. Then he wandered off, without so much as a goodbye. A few minutes later, I saw him wandering around on the platform on the other side of the tracks, slapping himself on the back of his head, then looking down at his hand, and laughing hysterically. I've said it before many, many times: Leicester is full of freaks.

If you want an update on that story, well, he doesn't appear at the station anymore (he used to be there daily). I think they took him away.

Rengori
07-11-2007, 02:54 AM
I lived in Japan for 4 1/2 years, and all I have to say is bullet trains are awesome.

Leen-Leen
07-11-2007, 03:47 AM
I was in a train a few times while I was living in Europe, it was pretty fun. One time it was a school trip, and we were put into different compartments. That was really fun, we didn't have to worry that we were being too loud or anything xD

Evastio
07-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Have you ever been on a train? Did you like the ride?
Unless you count the Subway, no.

As for liking it, it was okay. It's not something I'd do for fun though.

Faris
07-11-2007, 04:13 AM
I've taken the train to Toronto and back and to Québec city and back. Choo choo! Yes trains are fun.

I Took the Red Pill
07-11-2007, 04:15 AM
I've taken one to Buffalo and back before. There was something wrong with another train on a parallel track or something so we didn't move for literally over 2 hours. The headache I had after that was indescribable.

Bunny
07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
My first train experience was a ride from Seattle, Washington to San Diego, California. All-in-all, it was a lovely experience, but there were a few setbacks.

First, it was a three day train ride. Well, two and some change. However, that time was extended one night when a piece of debris, in the form of a tree, fell onto the tracks in the middle of nowhere. They had to call some people in order to get it removed before we could continue. That added a few hours to our time.

Second, during one stop, shortly after the aforementioned tree incident, it was discovered that the entire train staff was going overtime and needed to be replaced. So we had to wait a few more hours in order to get a replacement staff for the train. Now, this was all fine and dandy. However, upon arrival of the new staff, it was discovered that they were missing someone. I cannot exactly remember what his job was, but it was apparently important. Another six hours was added onto the time, most of it spent waiting for this fellow to arrive. It kinda sucked.

Thank god I had enough electronics to fuel a small country.

Jess
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I always get really tired whenever I'm on a train or bus journey. I've travelled on a train a few times, to London and various other parts of the country but I've never seen anything interesting happen. :jess:

Essência
07-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Lots of imes and lots of hours. Trains are boring:)

Iceglow
07-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I've ridden too many trains because when I go see friends out of London it's via the train, when I go to my brothers it's on the trains ect...

Best train story ever for me was getting back from Download Festival 2004 (Donnington Park) I'd not slept in days, was drunk and tired (mainly from the being in 100K+ crowds in the boiling sun, dehydration (beer was cheaper than water), smoking weed and drinking more than my own body weight in alcohol. I was covered in gold glitter too to make my sunburnt tortured body better (I got ambushed by a lovely welsh girl who rather quite liked me and camped next to us so she could put aftersun on my burns she never mentioned the lotion had gold glitter in it) I was on the train platform and fell asleep (I had misread my ticket believing I had 3 hours for waiting for the train I slept easily) when I woke I was a lot more sober and read the ticket "OH SMURF MY GOD" I cried (yes quotations) as I realized the ticket time I had read was the "arrival" time for getting back to London from Derby, my cellphone was outta juice and credit my wallet completely empty of absoloutely everything but useless pieces of plastic like library cards...I was officially stranded in Derby a terrifying thought I have to admit I couldn't remember the addresses for any friends in Derby though I had a few I could have asked for help. So onwards I ran to the customer information desk and asked questions they weren't too happy to see me apparently they'd had a bad day due to the festival goers and there was me in a uber tight "Download" festival T-shirt that I'd worn for the last night of the festival and a pair of tight black jeans and boots carrying a bulging tent bag and hold all, yet they told me to speak to the guard on the London train about to depart and gave me 2 minutes to get there, I ran...I figured I'd get some grumpy old man who wasn't going to have none of it that I'd have to lie and just pray he'd fall for it I was considering the option of blowing him off if needs be when I approached the guards cab and saw a woman in the uniform of a train staff member my prayers were answered no giving grumpy men blowjobs and to be honest if I had to she wasn't so bad looking. Well I chose my approach carefully, honesty. Telling the guard what I'd done was one of the wierdest things ever but she laughed smiled and was charmed easily by my amazing intense wit so she was like "yeah I'll take you home with me" As we got on the train she gave me a seat up in first class much to the disgruntlement of the other first class passengers and she even came sat with me once she'd checked the tickets...we spoke about the festival and other things for a while. Then when we pulled in to london she'd given me a note on my ticket explaining the situation and on the back of my outbound ticket she'd written her name and number with the instructions to call her, I wasn't so sure about the last part but I'd made it back home which was a result...no being stranded in Derby, no 200+ mile walk home, no hitch hiking...it was great.

cloud21zidane16
07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
i been on a train a lot, its fun when youre with friends but other than that you just want to get to where ever youre going:)

Araciel
07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
yeah i have taken a train but i was too young to recall said event. also i ride the subway all the time, which is a train, but most people don't consider it such.

Namelessfengir
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
yes ive been on a train the attached photo is from a washington trip i found it hilarious

Obsidian
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I had to take a train up to New York once just to do one monologue. The stupid thing broke on the way home, and I was stuck in my cramped cabin for 48 hours. :mad2:

Zeldy
07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
St Helens is in the middle of nowhere, but we have good links with the likes of Manchester, Liverpool and Wigan so Im regularly taking trains to these places.

Nothing particularly fun, though, but Ive been going to Manchester via train with a friend, and it was after a rough night, so niether of us got any sleep whatsoever, not a single bit, and we both almost fell asleep on the train which would have been worrying as god knows where we would have ended up.

Sergeant Hartman
07-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I like to throw things out of the window :)

Chloe.
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I've been on a train a few times. The last time was when I went to Southampton with my friend, the ride seemed to go by very quickley though as we hadn't seen each other for a while so we were just chatting the whole way. :D And there was this crazy man who started talking to us before we got off, he just like butted into our conversation. D:

ReloadPsi
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I tend to only take the train if I need to travel anywhere that's not covered by my local bus firm. My local trains kinda ripped me off recently though, so I just use buses now.