PDA

View Full Version : What consoles and/or games will you buy this Fall?

Dragonsoul
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I am buying this...

Xbox 360($299 version) - August 28th or soon before
Blue Dragon(Xbox 360) - August 28th when it comes out
Nintendo DS Lite - October 1st or soon before
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass(DS) - October 1st when it comes out
Lost Odyssey(Xbox 360) - October 30th, which is when I think it will come out
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(DS) - November 20th when it comes out
Mass Effect(Xbox 360) - Nov 20th which is when I think it comes out, although I could delay the purchase because I'll be playing L.O. and FF XII: RW during November.

Summary...
Consoles: Xbox 360($299 version), Nintendo DS Lite
Games: Blue Dragon, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Mass Effect

What is your current plan? :)

KentaRawr!
07-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll buy used games for the GCN and Ps2 I missed out on before. >_>

Dreddz
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Bioshock, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Haze.

Ive got all the consoles I need.

Khaotic
07-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't buy many games anymore, latest one I bought was Disgaea, so as you can see I'm not exactly interested in newer games.

Germ Hamee
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow, I think I know what you're going to be playing this fall by heart now.

I bet I'll still be playing FFXII and Twilight Princess. I like to savor my games, and they're way topper than any of the top games I see coming out for this fall.

Nifleheim7
07-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I really don't know...
I don't really care to buy a game the same moment it comes out except for the main FF titles and a few other ones.
Yesterday i bought Okami,played a little (God,there was too much talking in the beginning!!!!) and continued to play FFXII which i really like so far.

Little Blue
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I might get a DS, but no definite plans for anything so far though...

Bunny
07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I haven't played a console game since a month after the release of Final Fantasy XII.

Croyles
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
These games:
Lair
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
And more if i can afford it.

JKTrix
07-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Everything Worth Getting For Everything (in English)

Shlup
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Now that I've graduated college and have a job, my first paycheck is going for a Wii, Wii Wario, Wii Play, Wii Brain Academy, Wii Mario Kart, Wii Guitar Hero III, Wii Mario Party, and, uh... any other games I damn well please.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
The only upcoming game I've got my eye on is Bioshock. I'm actually currently making my way through System Shock. :)

Ramza Beoulve
07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I'll buy used games for the GBA and PS2 I missed out on before. >_>
Oh yeah, and I'll get a free GBA SP in 6 weeks :)

Northcrest
07-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm hoping to get

Wii or PS3 maybe both
PSP or DS

SSBB if I get a Wii.
I'm just want a PS3 ahead of time for FFXIII.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
I need a 360. Bad. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Sonata)

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Halo 3
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed
Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Super Mario Galaxy
Mass Effect
Metroid Prime 3
Lost Odyssey

I think those are all coming out this year...not positive about Assassin's Creed. That's in order of my insatiable desire for new games, not in order of release. I so cannot afford all those games. :(

cloud21zidane16
07-13-2007, 01:29 AM
i havent really been buying games lately, only final fantasys:cool: but i may start buying more again soon depending on my plans;)

Brennan
07-13-2007, 01:41 AM
A PSP along with FF Disidia when and if it comes out

Dragonsoul
07-13-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't see many votes for Blue Dragon. I'm thinking about a rpg plan and I think I can play about two hours a day for 15 hours a week. That will give me time barely to play Final Fantasy XII, Rogue Galaxy, Blue Dragon, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Lost Odyssey, and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings by early-mid January if I stick with the 15 hours a week and the games are as long as I am estimating. What will probably happen is I am unable to get 15 hours a week in and the games may also be a bit longer.

The result of this is that I may skip Mass Effect.

Mass Effect is a 3rd person shooter rpg and is the least important of the five rpg's I have an eye on this fall. I may be able to play it in the Spring if there are not a huge amount of top rpg's coming out in the spring. Off the top of my head I have an eye on White Knight Story but I don't know if it'll be out for PS 3 in the Spring. So in the Spring I could play those two games or other newer ones. I could also play a backlog of other older rpg games I like including Alundra 1(PS 1 1998). I could also play all the The Legend of Zelda games.

Last night I almost bought a silver Nintendo DS Lite with Super Mario 64 DS. I ended up not buying it because I need to save my money for some upcoming August expenses. I also am busy right now so I don't really have time for this.

Blue Dragon seems a bit for a younger audience than I prefer from what I know so far but I'm getting it, it seems great. Zelda: PH and FF XII: RW also seem for a younger audience but I like them the best anyways. Lost Odyssey is for a more older audience(like Bioshock, Oblivion, and Mass Effect) and I am really excited about it. Some of the pics of the characters from Lost Odyssey are pretty insane. I really like the Character Design in that game. I wonder who did that job?

:choc2:!

EDIT:
I read this...
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII)
That shows that Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII will come out in Japan on September 13th this year. It doesn't announce a Usa release date but it surely will be Spring 2008, so that is another rpg I could get. But is the PSP really worth buying if I will only be getting FF VII: CC for it? I am buying Nintendo DS for Zelda: PH and FF XII: RW coming out this Fall but I know that it will have a ton of other top rpg's coming out for it.

By the way, I wonder when/if we will get Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis? :D Also I wasn't hugely impressed with FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus(Ps 2) and FF VII: Advent Children(movie) although I thought both were good. Hopefully Crisis Core and Before Crisis can be great. First FF X-2 came out, then FF VII sequels, now we have a sequel to FF XII and 3 parts to FF XIII. I wonder if this is good or bad.

Nifleheim7
07-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I really like the Character Design in that game. I wonder who did that job?

Takehiko Inoue is the character designer.
He was the artist in the manga called Vagabond

Dragonsoul
07-13-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm browsing around to find the list of workers on Lost Odyssey...

Executive Producer/Producer/Game Designer/Co-Scenario Writer - Hironobu Sakaguchi
Producer - Hiroshi Kawai
Co-Director - Daisuke Fukugawa
Co-Director - Takahiro Kaminagayoshi
Co-Scenario Writer - Kiyoshi Shigematsu
Composer - Nobuo Uematsu
Character Designer - Takehiko Inoue
Character Modeler - Hiroshi Arai
Art Director - Takamasa Ohsawa
Movie Director - Katsuyuki Motohiro
Concept Artist - Eric Feng
Concept Artist - Christian Lorenz Scheurer

Check this link...
Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey for the360 - AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36073)
Halfway down the page is a great interview with Hironobu Sakaguchi about Lost Odyssey, it's from Fall 2006 but still great. Here are some top quotes...

Hironobu Sakaguchi: "Kicking is only you can do though.I think it's not proper way to use physics. Much wastes of power. (Laugh)
I will implement physics into game systems as some secret or gimmicks or such. But in demo version, all you can do is kicking a can."

Hironobu Sakaguchi: "My staffs are already crying. They calls my corrections "Devil's Report" (Laugh)"

Now I know more information about who's working on this game. It's my 3rd most important game of the fall season! :D

Dragonsoul
07-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Post editing is not loading for me, I'll post this...

I just found out about a great game! I like it a lot, and never heard of it until a few minutes ago when browsing the E3 2007 section of Rpgamer.com in the PSP/DS news section. It's called Dragoneer's Aria and it comes out on August 21st for the Psp system. It's developed by Hitmaker and published by Nippon Ichi. It involves Dragons and Dragoneers. I am not sure if it is a traditional rpg or and action rpg.

Dragoneer's Aria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoneer%27s_Aria)
Dragoneer's Aria (http://www.nisamerica.com/games/dragoneersaria/)

Please check out those two website and tell me your thoughts please! :D

Dr. Acula
07-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Hopefully a DS. I'll be getting it-I hope-this spring (which is probably the same time as your fall), and any good DS game I can get my hands on.

KH-Cloudy
07-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Wii when it comes back in stock...

edczxcvbnm
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Walo 3.

10-Breaker
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
PS3
and bout the games:
Armored Core 4
FFXIII
Ace Combat
Metal Gear Solid 4

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I need me a Wii, will get it when I have the money and my store has one. Yay 10% discount!

Hambone
07-14-2007, 01:34 AM
PS3-Birthday
Wii-Christmas
FF Dissidia-Not too soon after it's released
FFXII: Revenant Wings-Probably the day after it's released.

Dragonsoul
07-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Post editing is not loading for me, I'll post this...

I just found out about a great game! I like it a lot, and never heard of it until a few minutes ago when browsing the E3 2007 section of Rpgamer.com in the PSP/DS news section. It's called Dragoneer's Aria and it comes out on August 21st for the Psp system. It's developed by Hitmaker and published by Nippon Ichi. It involves Dragons and Dragoneers. I am not sure if it is a traditional rpg or and action rpg.

Dragoneer's Aria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoneer%27s_Aria)
Dragoneer's Aria (http://www.nisamerica.com/games/dragoneersaria/)

Please check out those two website and tell me your thoughts please! :D

Did any of you watch the trailers for the game? They are great. I am excited about the music for the game a lot. The Dragons are great! :D

The best part is in the start of the second trailer when the faster exciting music starts as all of the good dragons are introduced one by one. Then a good music part comes on as a huge "mysterious black dragon Nidhogg"! I think that is the best part. Besides this the game seems kinda good but I'm real excited about those trailers and the music. :)

Timerk
07-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Grand Theft Auto 4.