PDA

View Full Version : Ore I need ore.

Shattered Dreamer
07-11-2007, 11:19 PM
I need ore for some puzzle which invovles a dragon god blessing stones and I need ore. Where can I get more?

Heath
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Chocobo Hot & Cold might be an option. You can probably get some ore either from the mini-game itself or from some of the Chocographs. #18 (Ocean) will net you 27 pieces of Ore, I think.

Shattered Dreamer
07-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Where is that need explaination havent explored the world of FF9 much just been following the story

Ouch!
07-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Eventually you get a spell for Eiko called Jewel which extracts ore from enemies. If you've got access to Daguerro (I never spell that right), you can just as easily go back to the Mist Continent. I suggest popping by the area outside Dali. The monsters there should have plenty of ore to steal.

As for Chocobo Hot and Cold, go to the Chocobo Forest outside of the Dragon Gate of Lindblum. It's the rounded forest east of the marsh and across a bridge. The moogle there will explain the game to you. You get chocographs by playing Chocobo Hot and Cold, then you go out onto the world map and search for the locations pictured on the chocographs. You need to complete this lengthy sidequest to get a majority of the best weapons in the game.

Finding some of the chocographs can be a pain in the ass if you don't know where to look (there's a few that are mostly just pictures of the ocean), so if you're not dead set on doing everything yourself, I suggest searching for a map of all the chocograph locations. You can find one easily on google.

cloud21zidane16
07-12-2007, 01:50 AM
what Ouch said
outside Dali is a very good place to steal ore and chocographs are well worth the time and effort overall, youll get good/ultimate weapons,armour,cards and travel to locations which you cant get to by airship.

darksword12
07-12-2007, 03:51 AM
I don't think the "puzzle" does anything but convert ore to aquamarine.

Xurts
07-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Yeah, that's all it does. Ores can be useful if you're missing some gems and need some to Synth. I would suggest trying Eiko's Jewel skill. The chocographs can also be a good source, but make sure to use a guide. Some of the locations would be near impossible to locate without one.

Heath
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I knew there must've been a more obvious answer than mine. I completely forgot about Jewel.

Shattered Dreamer
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM

Yeah it was a complete waste of my time already had one. Though it may of had something to do with the four mirrors. But I'm in Tierra now so obvivously it didnt.

Xurts
07-14-2007, 12:04 AM

Yeah it was a complete waste of my time already had one. Though it may of had something to do with the four mirrors. But I'm in Tierra now so obvivously it didnt.
You can synth those Ores to make other gems (topaz, garnet, lapis lazuli, etc.) if you are missing some.

Ouch!
07-14-2007, 01:18 AM
If I remember correctly, collecting multiples of each stone will boost the power of their respective summon. I know for certain that Atomos's damage is based on how many stones you have (it takes a set percentage of the enemy's max HP based on the number of amethysts). I think it was amethysts anyway.

Heath
07-14-2007, 02:49 PM
If I remember correctly, collecting multiples of each stone will boost the power of their respective summon. I know for certain that Atomos's damage is based on how many stones you have (it takes a set percentage of the enemy's max HP based on the number of amethysts). I think it was amethysts anyway.

Yes, I believe that's correct. Amethyst, as you said correctly, is the stone Atomos too.

Shattered Dreamer
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Cheers. Anyone know which gem gives you Odin I'm missing that one

Xurts
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Cheers. Anyone know which gem gives you Odin I'm missing that one
Dark Matter. You can buy one in the Treno Auction House on Disc 3. I think that's the only time you can get one.

Ouch!
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Dark Matter. You can buy it in the Auction House in Treno or steal it from Ozma. I think you can steal it from Ozma. I believe there's an ability that raises his strength (as there's only two dark matters in the game). Odin's Sword or something. I think Ancient Aroma teaches it. I'm pretty sure that's found somewhere in Ipsen's Castle.

Edit: Beat me by seconds. I'm pretty sure you can still buy the Dark Matter on disc four, by the way.

Edit 2: I checked up on Ozma and it seems you can get two dark matters off of him. You can steal one, and one is a guaranteed drop after winning.

Vivisteiner
07-16-2007, 12:49 AM
FYI, Having more than one dark matter doesnt affect the chances though.

Also, does anyone know how to get Odin sword, if his death attack misses? I forgot. :(

Shattered Dreamer
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Ozma,forgive my ignorance but who?

Heath
07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Ozma is an optional boss that you can fight once you have a Gold Chocobo and go to Chocobo's Air Garden. Hardest boss in the game.

Ancient Aroma teaches the Odin's Sword ability. It's found in the basement of Ipsen's Castle, as Ouch! said. In order for it to work, I think you merely need to have the ability equipped when you summon Odin.

Vivisteiner
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
^The hardest boss battle in the game. You can fight him in Chocobo Air Garden, but you gotta get him in range and weaken him by giving ore and stuff to those friendly monsters.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Aha, thanks Heath. :) Is it good damage wise?

Xurts
07-17-2007, 12:02 AM
^The hardest boss battle in the game. You can fight him in Chocobo Air Garden, but you gotta get him in range and weaken him by giving ore and stuff to those friendly monsters.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Aha, thanks Heath. :) Is it good damage wise?
You don't have to do the friendly creatures sidequest to fight it. Having Ozma in range of physical attacks is pretty useless, since you should be using magic and fixed damage attacks like Thievery and Dragon's Crest. Making Ozma vulnerable to Shadow is very helpful though, since it'll take damage from Doomsday.

Vivisteiner
07-17-2007, 12:19 AM
^Yeah, but it helps a lot. I heard that it lowers his hp massively as well.

Ouch!
07-17-2007, 02:49 AM
As far as I know, Ozma's HP is set at ~55,000 regardless.

Xurts
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
^Yeah, but it helps a lot. I heard that it lowers his hp massively as well.
Ozma's HP doesn't change.

Shattered Dreamer
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
55,000 doesn't sound too high. But I hope Ozma can make me eat my words. Any tips for leveling up my chocobo?

Xurts
07-19-2007, 03:45 AM
55,000 doesn't sound too high. But I hope Ozma can make me eat my words. Any tips for leveling up my chocobo?
Using GameFAQs will help immensely. Some of the chocographs would be nearly impossible to find with the vague hints that are given.

55,535, actually. It's not the most (Quale has more), but Ozma likes using Curaga and can take more than 1 turn before you have a chance to do anything.

Vivisteiner
07-19-2007, 11:29 PM
At Xurts: Thanx for the info.
About Ozma: He also does loads more damage that Quale.

To this topic: Ore maybe you dont need ore.

Sorry, I just had to.