PDA

View Full Version : Help Understanding

Firenjar
07-12-2007, 01:37 AM
I have completed this game many times but somthing always bugged me

When your in Memoria and Zidane see's Daggers memory with her mother when Invincible was attacking

I never got why Zidane saw it?

The Ceej
07-12-2007, 02:13 AM
That's funny. I knew the answer at the time, but I just can't remember it. Sorry I can't help.

darksword12
07-12-2007, 03:49 AM
In the world of ff9, all memories are part of a collective group. Just as a person's genetic info contains elements of their ancestors, so do their memories; they just don't experience them normally. In essence, all people's memories are part of one group; in memoria, this entire compilation of memories is accessed to create sensory representations of those memories.

Bolivar
07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
In the world of ff9, all memories are part of a collective group. Just as a person's genetic info contains elements of their ancestors, so do their memories; they just don't experience them normally. In essence, all people's memories are part of one group; in memoria, this entire compilation of memories is accessed to create sensory representations of those memories.

i don't remember exactly everything that happened in the scene, but I think this quoted post provides the best explanation right now.

I mean that, and Zidane is from the same world as the invincible, he might've been there or something. So that could be another explanation, I'd have to play it again. Do the other characters see the vision?

Firenjar
07-15-2007, 11:29 AM
no only Zidane

i was confused cause if a character wasn't there at the time of the memory they wouldn't see it

like Quina can't see the memory of Bahmuth destroying Alexandria

daggertrepe
07-15-2007, 02:15 PM
It's so simple. It's because you can't experience memories you haven't had. Did you pay attention in the game?

Xurts
07-15-2007, 08:20 PM
no only Zidane

i was confused cause if a character wasn't there at the time of the memory they wouldn't see it

like Quina can't see the memory of Bahmuth destroying Alexandria
That was Garnet's memory. She saw it along with Zidane.

...Do not limit memory to just one individual's
experiences from birth. That is only the surface. Every life born into
this world, whether natural or artificial, requires a parent. And that
parent also requires a parent. Life is connected, one to another... If
you trace the root of all life, there exists one source. The same can
be said for memory. All life constitutes an intelligence that holds
memory beyond experience. Memory is not isolated within individuals. It
is an accumulation of generations of memories that continues to evolve.
You can say that memory and evolution go hand in hand. But most life-
forms do not understand the true nature of memories... ...which explains
why most memories never cross paths.

Selena_Akariko
08-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I always thought it was just a romantic twist. Zidane loves Dagger, and that's why he could see her memory.

:save: Selena

Wolf Kanno
08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
See I assumed that Zidane was there (possibly piloting the Invincible) he was originally sent to cause war and chaos in Gaia. Perhaps if we check any time reference between the opening of the game where Garnet witnesses the destruction of her home with Zidane telling her what he remembers about his past. There might be a connection if the times synch up.

Shotgunnova
09-08-2007, 06:18 PM
I believe the term for what Garland is talking about is 'racial memory'. Don't see a reason for him to be lying, so I just accepted it (although I used to believe Zidane coulda/woulda/shoulda been at Madain Sari to see the scene, etc. at some point).