PDA

View Full Version : Fable

KasaiDraco
07-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Fable is the worst game I ever got. It is even worse than the worst game I ever played. The game is unplayable. My system requirements exceed there minimum requirements and whenever I start the game, my system automatically restarts. What a waste of $20. I could of got a game that actually WORKED!

Kanshisha
07-12-2007, 02:44 AM
I've got that on my x-box... i found it a good game until, i finished it... it's so boring!! but i just steal stuff and kill people for the heck of it..

But overall out of 10, i'll give it a 5.. some may like it, some may not..

Markus. D
07-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Meh~ It was pretty fun at the time... very very very short though >_<

Odaisé Gaelach
07-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Hey, Knights, how about we move this into Help? :)

Let's see what we can do... Do you get any error messages at all?

Shiny
07-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah, Fable works for my Xbox as well so I'm not sure why it isn't working. The game itself was way too easy and short. I liked how you could customize the main character though.

Meat Puppet
07-12-2007, 06:12 AM
I remember a good friend of mine waiting for years for Fable to be released... heh, he had been waiting for it since before the Xbox released, and before it was called Fable—Project Eco, or something? He was always talking about it: saying how one could witness an acorn grow into an oak; how one could get cut as a child, and have it become a scar with age; how one could leave the wife and kids for a few years, and come back to a broken home; how one’s character could—by player’s decision—be good or evil; and so on.
It was painful to watch him get so excited as the release date drew nearer, only for it to be snatched away with more delays. I must admit that when it was released, I thought he was dreaming (and I had somehow ended up in his dream). Reality was reality, however, and if I recall correctly, he even had to camp outside the store for the game.
Anyway, when he finally got it, he had a few days off school to spend time with the one he longed for, and I found the acceptable. I had to ask him about it when he returned (I did wait for him to tell me all about it, but he was quiet for some reason), he said that the game was pretty cool, but he had already finished it. Whoa! You wait that long for something, and you don’t even try to savor it?
I have not once seen him playing Fable. I have seen his copy, sitting somewhere on his stack of games, but that’s where it stays: lonesome and forgotten. Seems like a waste to me, to wait all that time for a game that only lasts a week.

Funnily enough, he bought Morrowind on a whim one day (said it should satisfy him until Fable was released), and it turned out to be a stronger game in his collection than just about anything!

Nominus Experse
07-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Morrowind > Fable

No contest

For the OP, ummm, why don't you simply get a better video card/ whatever? Or perhaps you need a new operator?

I've never had difficulties with Fable, and I was able to play it on a 2004 Dell Dimension :skull::skull::skull::skull: system.

Madame Adequate
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I remember a good friend of mine waiting for years for Fable to be released... heh, he had been waiting for it since before the Xbox released, and before it was called Fable—Project Eco, or something? He was always talking about it: saying how one could witness an acorn grow into an oak; how one could get cut as a child, and have it become a scar with age; how one could leave the wife and kids for a few years, and come back to a broken home; how one’s character could—by player’s decision—be good or evil; and so on.
It was painful to watch him get so excited as the release date drew nearer, only for it to be snatched away with more delays. I must admit that when it was released, I thought he was dreaming (and I had somehow ended up in his dream). Reality was reality, however, and if I recall correctly, he even had to camp outside the store for the game.
Anyway, when he finally got it, he had a few days off school to spend time with the one he longed for, and I found the acceptable. I had to ask him about it when he returned (I did wait for him to tell me all about it, but he was quiet for some reason), he said that the game was pretty cool, but he had already finished it. Whoa! You wait that long for something, and you don’t even try to savor it?
I have not once seen him playing Fable. I have seen his copy, sitting somewhere on his stack of games, but that’s where it stays: lonesome and forgotten. Seems like a waste to me, to wait all that time for a game that only lasts a week.

Funnily enough, he bought Morrowind on a whim one day (said it should satisfy him until Fable was released), and it turned out to be a stronger game in his collection than just about anything!

This sounds almost exactly like me. I got hyped about Project Ego way, way before it became Fable and everyone heard about it. I like Fable, I think it's a good game, but yeah, major disappointment. I also bought Morrowind on a whim one day and it lasted me the rest of my X-Box's lifetime :p

As to the OP, there is mention of system requirements. Somehow, I do not think this is the X-Box version we are discussing.

KasaiDraco
07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Morrowind > Fable

No contest

For the OP, ummm, why don't you simply get a better video card/ whatever? Or perhaps you need a new operator?

I've never had difficulties with Fable, and I was able to play it on a 2004 Dell Dimension :skull::skull::skull::skull: system.

My video card is fine. I even set the graphics to lowest and it still does the restart. Tis is the first game I EVER played that has done this to me. I just will never get a Microsoft game again. And yes, this is the PC version.

Araciel
07-13-2007, 12:23 AM
yeah i heard about it, but didn't believe the hype and so wasn't disappointed when it didn't come close. also however i was wholly unimpressed with the game...i owned it but never beat it, i got bored with it easily.

fantasyjunkie
07-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Thats how it was with me, I bought Fable, got so bored I played it maybe a week and Morrowind lasted the entire life of my Xbox

Araciel
07-13-2007, 04:27 AM
well it's plain as day that morrowind/oblivion are the best franchise RPG wise that microsoft could hope for (not that there's much competition)

Dr. Acula
07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
I love Fable. I got it for Xbox not too long ago (the extended version, but its still WAAY too short), but yeah, it does get boring pretty easily.