PDA

View Full Version : ~BANDS~

sir helix
07-12-2007, 05:49 AM
is any one in a band if so whats the name and whats your part and what type of music do you play?

Shlup
07-12-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm the unofficial 6th member of Tokyo Showdown. As in, I make their graphics and webpage and such and such.

It's like... rock of some kind.

Tokyo Showdown (http://www.tokyoshowdown.com)
www.myspace.com/tokyoshowdownca (http://www.myspace.com/tokyoshowdownca)

sir helix
07-12-2007, 05:57 AM
im the lead singer in the rock band EMMICK we came in 4th at our schools talent show we would of been 1st but we were to loud for the judges lol

Hambone
07-12-2007, 07:19 AM
My brother plays bass in a band he's in called "No Tiger No"

sir helix
07-12-2007, 04:16 PM
*outch* we redid ~smells like teen spirit~ at first but now we're gonna write our own songs and music

tailz
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm the lead guitarist of twilight,

other then that I do the backing vocals together with teh rythm guitarist and our bassist.

and we play anything we like rock punk metal, as long as it sounds cool.

sir helix
07-12-2007, 08:26 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/scott_heath/ironmask.jpg

Tallulah
07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I used to live with a drummer.

She (yes, she, her name is Frankie), is in a band called The Bobby McGee's, who play a folk-punk style (dubbed 'tweecore' by the New Musical Express, which they have appeared in) with ukeleles, double bass, and random instruments such as mouth organs and Jew's harps. Most of their songs are light-hearted ditties about relationships, with a fair amount of swearing thrown in.

If that wasn't enough, they dress up like clowns! :D

EDIT: Here's a picture...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j127/lou_300/el_jimmy531-10-06.jpg

The Ceej
07-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I have 108 finished parodies, but I don't have a band to play the music. I really need a band if I'm going to make quality parodies.

Shattered Dreamer
07-13-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm the lead singer in a band called The Atomic Blues. We paly alternative music. Look us up on Myspace is you want. Some of our original material is uploaded there if you want to listen. Not really happy with how the vocals sound though had to record them after only hearing the songs once since the bassist & lead guitarist wrote them. Our next few songs wont sound as rushed.

Pure Strife
07-14-2007, 12:03 AM
www.myspace.com/footprintsinthecustard (http://www.myspace.com/footprintsinthecustard)

Thrash/punk. Only got one song recorded, but loads of live videos down the page. I'm the lead guitarist. Not a particularly serious band, but some nice hard rock.

Shine On...
07-15-2007, 07:31 PM
LETS MAKE A POST ROCK BAND! I'm LOOKING AT YOU CZ+GOOEY!

I Am Stoner
07-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I shout/scream/make demonic noises in a band called 'Blood Hand' I am also a drummer in a Metal band called 'The Virgin Blood Of Christ'. Im alot better at drumming than singing, lol.

But when im not playing in those bands my regular sorce of income is drum teaching.

sir helix
07-15-2007, 08:34 PM
the last song i wrote has original lyrics but the music itsself if breaking the habit by linkin parkhers the first verse

he was born a distent soul.
no vesssle to call his own.
he hid behind the iron mask.
he weld a sword of gold.
his heart cast----intoa mold.
in the pits of hell.
and nooooow heees burnnning down therrrre.
to night.

grim07
07-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Im a bassist, been playin for about 3 years. Im not in a band right now, as I have a child on the way, and want to focus on my firefighting career. I mostly like to play metal, or alternative, but can also play bass to hip hop music.

Proxy
07-16-2007, 06:28 AM
A friend of mine from work I think wants me to join a band he's thinking about making, but I haven't really any talent in any section of a band. My screaming/growl and vocals aren't bad, but I haven't really had proper training. Or heard myself. haha.

Shattered Dreamer
07-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Vocal training helps but its not essential in my opinion just as long as you sound good,stay in tune and keep in time with the music your fine.

Proxy
07-17-2007, 04:36 AM
Well the lead vocalist from Avenged Sevenfold didn't have any training, and he fucked his throat right up, and can't scream/growl anymore.

blim
07-17-2007, 06:18 AM
I play guitar and am forced to sing in a punk/jazz band called Pisslicker, not gigging yet as we need someone who can at least sing a bit first. Also i play bouzouki and mandolin in a folk band called Rough and ready. Bit odd really as i am primarily a bass player and i dont play that in either band.

Shattered Dreamer
07-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Screaming/Growling isn't actual singing. Its just screaming or growling. The guy from Avenged Sevenfold wrecked his voice from not doing voice warm up's. You dont need training to learn to warm up your voice. One piece of advice I would give anyone who wants to "learn" to sing. Join a choir. I did when I was in high school. I'm in an alternative rock band trust me no same in trying to become a better singer.

I Am Stoner
07-18-2007, 01:44 AM
The guy from Avenged Sevenfold wrecked his voice from not doing voice warm up's.

Jesse Leach from Killswitch Engage did the same thing too.:( He was such a good screamer/singer. (He did actually sing aswell as scream lol) Maybe that is what happened to Matt Heafy from Trivium aswell since he doesnt scream anymore.

sir helix
07-18-2007, 01:50 AM
my band keeps telling me to screem the chorus for smells like teen spirit but i cant do screaming

I Am Stoner
07-18-2007, 02:03 AM
my band keeps telling me to screem the chorus for smells like teen spirit but i cant do screaming

Lol, I smoke so all I have to do to scream is smoke a pack of B&H in like 2 mins and im sorted! xD

Shattered Dreamer
07-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Screaming as fun and all as it is, isnt worth the long term damage it causes to your vocals. Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters almost lost his voice & Chester Bennington of Linkin Park had a growth removed from his vocal chords caused by strain on his vocals caused by screaming which explains Linkin Park's recent change in musical style (even though that wasn't the only reason Nu-Metal did die.)

Shoeberto
07-19-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm a nerdcore hip hop star in my dreams.

Denmark
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
i was in a crappy pop-punk band 4 years ago. i played lead guitar and sang. cause i'm cool like that. now i'm way too uncreative to write my own music.

Proxy
07-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Lol, I smoke so all I have to do to scream is smoke a pack of B&H in like 2 mins and im sorted! xD

Ha. So thats why Bert from The Used smokes. He does the screaming...Well, did the screaming.

Rostum
07-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Well in high school I was in a band called The Precinct. That was alright, until the drummer organized a bunch of gigs at a youth group, and stopped turning up to practice. Not to mention he was an ass hole..

I made one in university, but we only ever got together a few times and I moved up to Brisbane. We didn't have a name, but we had guitar, violin/keyboard, drums, bass, guitar/singer. Seriously fun, I wish we were still together.

Old Manus
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
It's my ambition to jam with the Polo Ponys, but they told me I wasn't extreme enough.

Momiji
07-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Well the lead vocalist from Avenged Sevenfold didn't have any training, and he smurfed his throat right up, and can't scream/growl anymore.

Yes, and notice that 'City of Evil' sucks horribly.