PDA

View Full Version : E307 - MGS4 Trailer

JKTrix
07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Among other places (including your PS3) you can watch the trailer here:

MGS4 E3 2007 Trailer (http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-3/1481-Metal_Gear_Solid_4-video-3.html)

I'll wait till a few people comment on it before I say anything else. Don't want to spoil it.

Cz
07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
This makes me want a PS3, which is an amazing feat. I don't care all that much about the insane Raiden/Vamp fight, spectacular though it is, but anything with Liquid/Ocelot puts me in crazy MGS fanboy mode, so this trailer gets sixty-one thumbs up from me.

Croyles
07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah downloaded this trailer from the PSN store on my PS3.
Heres a HD one if you can stand to wait for it to download:
Gametrailers.com - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Reviews, Trailers, and Interviews (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1743.html)

It will be Kojima's last Metal Gear Solid, and his last game point blank, he is retiring. Dont know whether someone else will step up for him.

Dreddz
07-12-2007, 02:13 PM
The exclusivity of the game is in question....again. But nevermind that, this trailer was awesome. Its a shame the games release date was pushed back. But without a doubt, Ill be Killing Vamp when the game is released early next year.

Croyles
07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Dude, the exclusivity of the game was confirmed at the conference by Kojima himself. I watched the conference, you can download the conference and check for yourself. Or read the article from IGN:

July 11, 2007 - During its E3 2007 conference, Sony confirmed to its fans exactly what they wanted to hear: Metal Gear Solid 4 is still exclusive to the PlayStation 3.

PS3 owners are no doubt shedding tears of joy.

Sony also confirmed the game would see a simultaneous worldwide release in early 2008. The game's designer Hideo Kojima will be demoing the game next week in Tokyo, and will be playing the game in front of an audience. Kojima said the game will "look a little crazy."

IGN: E3 2007: MGS4 Still PS3 Exclusive (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803488p1.html)

The rumours will never die down though, seeing as how a new MGS4 to 360 rumour spread around every week.

P.S The trailer is in real-time, and Kojima's translater stuttered at the conference :D

JKTrix
07-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I was a little disappointed that there wasn't any 'gameplay' footage, but it was still entertaining. The long fight scene at the end was pretty wild.

Meryl's hair looked a little off, couldn't quite put my finger on it. Too stiff? That was the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way (besides the non-gameplay).

-------------------------------

The exclusivity of the game is in question....again.

I think Dreddz is referring to this article (http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSN0924355620070710).

Important part: "Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps".

Kojima Productions is currently a Konami company. Which means Konami owns them, and can make them "take some steps".

Kojima's retirement means no ZOE3 though, and I am sad.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-12-2007, 04:33 PM
woah! why wasnt rayden like this during mgs2 lol!?

Croyles
07-12-2007, 05:08 PM
That reuters article is older news though. And they cant MAKE him do anything, this is his last game, he could give it up any time he wants. Im sure another publisher would take his studio and game without a moments hesitation. He stated that he would have to greatly change the game to get it on the xbox360.

The game's designer Hideo Kojima will be demoing the game next week in Tokyo, and will be playing the game in front of an audience. Kojima said the game will "look a little crazy."

Should be ace!

Slothy
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
He stated that he would have to greatly change the game to get it on the xbox360.

Not surprising considering he wants the 50GB Blur-Ray discs for what he can do with sound alone, not to mention the gameplay elements that quite plainly used motion control in the gameplay trailer we saw released previously.

It is up to Konami whether or not it goes to the 360 though. It may be a game created by him, but Konami owns it, and even if they did it without him, they could still do it. That said, and for the reasons above, I think a port to the 360 would likely either have to remove some elements, or make the controls so convoluted as to be confusing and annoying. Quite frankly though, the exclusivity of the title is no more in question now than it was a year ago. And I doubt that as it stands they'll have to prt it though. It's definitely a system seller on it's own, but more importantly, I'd bet money that most if not all current PS3 owners are waiting for this game. That's a lot of future sales if you think about it.

Croyles
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Ok you proved me wrong about that part. I wasnt too sure about the legal mumbo jumbo :). I know Konami was publishing it, I just thought that Kojima Productions owns the game.

Wolf Kanno
07-12-2007, 08:13 PM
This trailer once again tempts me into thinking about buying a PS3. The game looks very interesting and for it to be Kojima's last, you know it's going to be over the top. It's a shame to hear him retiring though. He was one of the more creative game designers in the Japanese market.

The fight scene between Vamp and Ninja Raiden was intense but kinda've cheesey as well. Not like MGS has ever been too realistic or serious though;)

cloud21zidane16
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
ive always loved this game, the trailer looks good shame i dont have a ps3:(

LunarWeaver
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh god ;_; *fap fap fap*

I Took the Red Pill
07-12-2007, 09:26 PM
My favorite part was actually outside of the trailer when Kojima said in English "See you in Tokyo". I nearly died.

Maxico
07-12-2007, 09:46 PM
His final contribution to the Metal Gear Solid series, not his final game.

According to what he said on stage anyway.

Croyles
07-12-2007, 10:00 PM

Ah you might be right, ill check again.

EDIT: Yes you are right. I repeat he is NOT retiring. But it WILL be his last MGS.

Wolf Kanno
07-13-2007, 05:34 AM

EDIT: Yes you are right. I repeat he is NOT retiring. But it WILL be his last MGS.

Yeah, just like MGS2 was going to be his last MGS, or the time he said MGS3 was going to be his final game... ;)

Perhaps his third attempt at leaving the series will be the charm. Then he can get to work on ZOE3...

Fonzie
07-13-2007, 06:42 AM
I'd shed tears of joy if this got ported to the 360. The Vamp and Raiden fight was so intense.

Croyles
07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd shed tears of joy if this got ported to the 360. The Vamp and Raiden fight was so intense.

Not a chance mate.

Slothy
07-13-2007, 03:06 PM

Yeah, just like MGS2 was going to be his last MGS, or the time he said MGS3 was going to be his final game... ;)

Perhaps his third attempt at leaving the series will be the charm. Then he can get to work on ZOE3...

The fans kept wanting him back and no one on the team was willing to step up and take over the series. He has said that this game will tie up everything from the previous ones though, so there will be no need for him to come back, or ever do another MGS game. Agreed on the need for a ZOE3, though I'm pretty sure he'd only produce it. He seems to have a lot of faith in the man who directed ZOE2 to do the next one from what I've heard (and with good reason).

Croyles
07-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah Vivi22 is right again, Kojima stated the story will be wrapped up. It would take even more convincing for someone to make a sequel for something that has been wrapped up.
There were still a lot of unexplored areas in the MGS universe after MGS2.

Shoeberto
07-13-2007, 05:42 PM

Not a chance mate.
Just like there wasn't a chance of MGS2 going anywhere but the PS2, or Resident Evil 4 anywhere but the Gamecube, or...

edit: and by that I mean it could be a few years, but I wouldn't entirely write off the possibility of it being re-worked and ported elsewhere.

Croyles
07-13-2007, 05:55 PM
And a meteor may hit earth next year, you shouldnt write that possibility off :p

Roto13
07-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Vamp is love.

Fonzie
07-13-2007, 06:11 PM
And a meteor may hit earth next year, you shouldnt write that possibility off :p

Sony fanboy much?

Ichimonji
07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Raiden vs. Vamp ftw.

Also, Phil LaMarr better be the one doing Vamp's voice again.

Psychotic
07-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

That is all I have to say. Well, that and "ME WANT!".

Odaisé Gaelach
07-15-2007, 01:09 AM

I think I remember reading on IGN, he announced that he wasn't going to be working on Metal Gear Solid 4, until him and the Konami staff started receiving death threats...

EDIT: By that, I mean that Metal Gear Solid 4 had been announced, but Kojima wasn't going to be working on it.

Necronopticous
07-15-2007, 01:43 AM
That trailer destroyed me.

Croyles
07-15-2007, 02:14 AM

Sony fanboy much?

I prefer the console, im not what you call a fanboy though.

Fonzie
07-16-2007, 04:32 AM
If you look at Raiden's lower jow, you'll see he doesn't have any lips anymore. You can see his teeth.

Proxy
07-16-2007, 07:08 AM
I just got wet in my pants.
And I'm buying a PS3.
*goes and changes his pants*

Croyles
07-17-2007, 08:00 PM
New info from the 'Playstation Premiere' in Tokyo. Kojima played the game live in front of the press. Heres the info and just a few cool things you can do in the game:

And here's what everyone's been waiting for. Hideo Kojima demonstrated the gameplay segment of Metal Gear Solid 4 on actual PS3 hardware for the first time. Kojima showed Snake using his camo suit to disguise himself as a bronze statue, hide in barrels and trash cans. He also showed Snake knocking down enemies rolling the barrel while he is still inside it. After feeling some discomfort, Snake "revives" as he is given a female idol magazine. The producer also revealed that an online multiplayer mode will be in the game and more details will be announced at the 20th Anniversary Party next week.
N4G.com : Playstation Premiere 2007: MGS4 Gameplay Finally Seen, New Products in Japan (http://www.n4g.com/News-52612.aspx)

? Can pretend to be dead by using Octocam
? Can crawl forward like a looper by getting the hip up and down
? Can take away enemy's weapons
? Can roll around sideways while lying down
? Can use an electric stun knife to stun an enemy
? Can hide from an enemy under a drum like a cardboard box. A drum is more tough and secure.
? Too much rolling in a drum makes Snake vomit
? Not to make him vomit, you can let him browse a magazine with sexy pics (with more pages than before). Pages can be flipped and you can use it against enemies too.
? The viewpoint can be switched to over-shoulder.
? The FPS viewpoint is also available. A crosshairs is controllable by SIXAXIS
? Hiding in a trash can for a too long time adds bad smell to Snake and enemies can sense it
? You can turn off Octocam by shaking SIXAXIS
? Snake uses SIXAXIS when he controls Metal Gear MKII
? Metal Gear MKII is in the stealth mode and it's hard for enemies to spot it
? Can throw a tornado bomb while lying face up.
N4G.com : New MGS4 gameplay info (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-52630.aspx)

Maxico
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
? you can let him browse a magazine with sexy pics (with more pages than before). Pages can be flipped

Clearly, the most vital update to the series so far.

? Can use an electric stun knife
? Can throw a tornado bomb

Electric stun knife?

Tornado bomb?

???

Croyles
07-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Lol dont ask me mate. This is MGS after all, its got some crazy stuff. Remember, this is someone writing up what he saw in the demo.

JKTrix
07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
- The viewpoint can be switched to over-shoulder.
- The FPS viewpoint is also available.

While looking at the girly magazines? Clearly, this makes the game a must-have.

Croyles
07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Here are the details in, well, detail.

Kojima demos Metal Gear Solid 4

PlayStation event in Tokyo features first real-time demo of the eagerly awaited PlayStation 3 title.
By Hirohiko Niizumi, GameSpot Posted Jul 17, 2007 5:20 pm PT

TOKYO--At today's Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation Premiere 2007 press conference in the massive Roppongi Hills complex, most in attendance were expecting to see reruns of trailers shown at the E3 Media and Business Summit. So they were taken by surprise during Konami's presentation, when director Hideo Kojima gave the first-ever Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots gameplay demonstration.

The demo, which lasted a full 20 minutes, began in the same unnamed Middle Eastern locale as previous MGS4 game trailers. Snake started out on the second floor of a ruined building. Looking down, he saw tons of rubble from the remnants of buildings obliterated by warfare. The landscape was particularly detailed, with walls broken into various shapes and surrounding buildings uniquely damaged. When Snake zoomed in on the walls using a scope named Solid Eye (after the 3D glasses from Metal Gear Acid 2), they showed a high level of detail with little or no pixelation up close.

While previous installments in the MGS series had Snake infiltrating areas that were guarded by a single superpower or army, the situation is vastly different in MGS4. The demo shows two different factions--professional PMC (Private Military Company) mercenaries and civilian guerillas, who were losing because they were less experienced. The demo started out quietly, with both sides just patrolling. By the end, though, there were explosions all over the place.

During the demo, Kojima had Snake side with the civilian army to help take out the PMC soldiers. Given that the PMC soldiers were wearing beige camouflage, it was difficult to spot them in the sandy fields and grayish walls. Kojima had Snake switch to thermal goggles to detect them, and then return to the normal scope to zoom in.

Hopping down the building from where Snake started, the aged soldier approached a set of familiar bronze statues last seen in the Tokyo Game Show trailer. Here, Kojima went to the menu screen and selected the active camouflage option, where players can access disguises for Snake's face and body. Snake normally wears an all-purpose "Octo-Cam" camouflage suit, which lets him blend into his surroundings. However, there's apparently other selectable camouflage patterns in the game, one of which is called the "Statue-Cam." Kojima selected the Statue-Cam and an appropriate face mask, and--voila!--Snake's camouflage suit displayed a bronze finish. The PMC soldiers then walked by, mistaking the grizzled commando for a statue.

Kojima then showed off how the Oct-Cam camouflage will help Snake blend into his surroundings--semiautomatically. Whenever Snake performs an action, like hug a wall or hit the floor, the suit automatically changes its pattern to match that of the surface Snake is touching. Kojima demonstrated this action by having Snake evade a PMC soldier by lying in wait on the ground and blending in with the tiles of a nearby building. Snake then stood up and dashed to the shadows by a wall and waited for the solider to walk past. Then, he took the solider from behind by using close-quarter combat, which made the solider drop his gun--a new element in MGS4. Snake then wrestled the solider down, choking him until he was knocked out.

Kojima revealed that Snake can take his enemy's weapons in MGS4, and CQC isn't the only way to get them--holdups can also be effective. When Snake put a gun against an unaware solider, he raised both of his hands in the air, dropping his weapon to the ground and shivering. The holdup in MGS4 looks a lot more realistic than in the previous games. While keeping his gun pointed at the enemy, Snake used his other hand to frisk for items all over the soldier's body. He also seems to have gained a new move that involves delivering a death grip to an enemy's crotch, rendering that person unconscious in an instant.

After taking out two soldiers (one with CQC and the other by holdup and grabbing his nether regions), Snake spotted a huge hole in the wall that was big enough for him to fit though. However, he then noticed PMC soldiers in other abandoned buildings that could easily spot Snake and shoot him down. Kojima had Snake switch to his Mosin Nagant stun rifle to take them out. This was done by way of the same sniper view the rifle had in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Snake then made his way down the building onto the ground and took out another PMC solider, this time using a stun knife that can discharge electricity. Kojima showed how the knife can be used to just zap the enemy and knock them unconscious, though it can also be used for fatal slashing as well.

Seeing that yet another PMC solider was nearby, Kojima showed off Snake's new prop--the oil barrel. The oil barrel in MGS4 has as much a camouflage effect as the series' traditional cardboard box, except it's a bit more resistant to bullet shots because it's made of metal. Unfortunately, it didn't seem as stealthy, as we heard Snake's knees banging into it as he walked. Kojima showed that the barrel could also be an effective weapon when Snake rolls on the ground in it, attacking any soldiers in his path. Naturally though, Snake got dizzy once he was back up, and we saw him throwing up.

Kojima went on to confirm that gamers would be able to play through the whole game in a first-person view, and showed how the Sixaxis' motion-sensing can be used to duck and peek around corners.
Snake then went into a nearby building and talked to his friend Otacon via his Metal Gear MKII robot, re-creating part of the first MGS4 trailer. Then, a battle between PMC and guerilla forces erupted outdoors. The PMC soldiers were obviously getting the upper hand, as they had more firepower and cutting-edge technology on their side, including flying biomechanical creatures that would drop bombs.

To help fight off one of the PMC soldiers, Kojima showed Snake's new best friend, the Metal Gear MKII. By selecting MKII from the item inventory, the player can take control of it and move around in either first- or third-person view. (Snake is seen crouching on the ground with his hands on the MKII's remote controller--which is an exact replica of a Sixaxis gamepad.) And while the stealthy MKII may seem small and harmless, it can knock out enemies with a powerful knock of electricity.

Turning back to Snake, Kojima showed that the protagonist can throw grenades backward like in the previous trailer. The grenade's trajectory is shown onscreen, Gears of War-style, as Snake is preparing to throw his grenade.

As the demo neared its end, Kojima showed off some more weapons that can be used in Guns of the Patriots. He used an RPG-7 to explode a tank, an AK-102 rifle to shoot some enemies on the roof, and a P90 to take out remaining soldiers on the ground.

Kojima pointed out that while he's been attacking PMC soldiers and helping out the civilian guerillas in the demo, it's really up to the player to decide which side to be on--or to not side with either of them.
Overall, Guns of the Patriots defaults to the same kind of third-person view as previous MGS installments. The basic interface has been kept intact as well, with the item itinerary on the bottom left side of the screen and the weapons itinerary on the bottom right.

One addition to the heads-up display that wasn't in previous installments was a semitransparent, illustrated icon on the bottom of the screen that appeared whenever Snake was near an object that he could interact with, such as a wall, an unconscious enemy, or a ledge. Another such object was a dumpster in an alley, which Snake hid in until enemy soldiers cleared out. But since it's full of garbage, Kojima noted that Snake would start to smell if he stayed inside the dumpster too long, making himself more obvious to enemies. As he came out of hiding, Snake was surrounded by a swarm of buzzing flies, though shaking the Sixaxis controller seemed to swat them away

Fonzie
07-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I know for a fact that Raiden and Vamp fought in Brazil, South America. There is a sign on the wall in the video that's only shown in that particular country.

Mirage
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Brazil, South America? I was thinking of the Brazil in Africa :(.

Croyles
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Im pretty sure Kojima said it was somewhere in the Middle East.
Could be wrong though.

Fonzie
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Brazil, South America? I was thinking of the Brazil in Africa :(.
*Girl in my History talks one day* "Brazil? Isn't that in the United States?" :l

Im pretty sure Kojima said it was somewhere in the Middle East.
Could be wrong though.

The game will take place in a couple different country's.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Well I'm pretty damn impressed with the new gameplay elements. Definetly looks like he's utilizing everything that's come before. I'm curious to know if the A.I. of the soldiers are better?

Another thing I'm beginning to wonder... how much do you think allying with the different factions will affect the story? Does anyone else think this game may have several variations of the ending like MGS1?

Croyles
07-19-2007, 10:48 AM
*Girl in my History talks one day* "Brazil? Isn't that in the United States?" :l
*Snigger* :rolleyes2

Well I'm pretty damn impressed with the new gameplay elements. Definetly looks like he's utilizing everything that's come before. I'm curious to know if the A.I. of the soldiers are better?

Another thing I'm beginning to wonder... how much do you think allying with the different factions will affect the story? Does anyone else think this game may have several variations of the ending like MGS1?

I find it a bit weird because the beginning kinda showed that your objective for the game or at the beginning is to take out Liquid, who has taken control of PMCs.
And now you can side with the PMCs in battle? :confused:

Mirage
07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. He can join the PMC forces to get closer to Liquid, then take him out.

Big D
07-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. He can join the PMC forces to get closer to Liquid, then take him out.It's also possible that both groups will be working toward a common goal at certain points in the game - the events will certainly be taking place in a chaotic world, so rapidly-shifting allegiances and temporary loyalties seem likely.

So far, it's sounding fantastic. One of the main reasons I'll likely eventually own a PS3. The trailers and preview snippets are increasingly interesting, even if I'm a little wary of Raiden's high-heel exoskeleton and Vamp's new emo bangs.

The new stealth concepts sound really cool - like the garbage cans and the added aspect of olfactory stealth. Hopefully it'll be implemented in a way that makes the guards seem a little less stupid than in the first game.

"Huh? What was that smell?
Hmm. Just a trash can (that wasn't there ten seconds ago, but I'm daft so this doesn't worry me)."

The interactive girlie magazines seem to be taking the smut factor to a new level - maybe you can distract a guard more than usual by leaving a book open to a page that appeals to his particular preferences or fetishes? It could get really dodgy, but there's the potential for some creative gameplay there - say, you interrogate a guard and learn that a certain enemy prefers blondes/lingerie/men, then you leave the appropriate magazine lying around, and said guard makes a break for the nearest bathroom when he discovers it. Perverse stuff, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised. There's a certain amusing appeal to the idea of clearing an entire area of enemies just through the strategic use of filth.

XxSephirothxX
07-20-2007, 01:08 AM
MGS4 on Xbox 360 'a few months' after PS3, says OXM Rumor Mole - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/19/mgs4-on-xbox-360-a-few-months-after-ps3-says-oxm-rumor-mole/)

A reliable tipster has whispered in X3F's ear that the Rumor Mole section in the latest issue of OXM claims a "bankable source" confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be coming to the Xbox 360 "a few months" after the PS3 version. Of course, there have been dozens of rumors insisting this will be the case, but the "Official Xbox Magazine" carries some weight.

Last week, Konami executive Kazumi Kitaue said, "Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps," igniting renewed speculation that the title would, in fact, be coming to Microsoft's console. Obviously, an announcement wasn't made at E3 last week ... perhaps TGS07?
Yay more gas for the fire. I hope this turns out to be true both because I'd like to play the game and also because it would finally stop all the speculation.

Croyles
07-20-2007, 01:36 AM
MGS4 on Xbox 360 'a few months' after PS3, says OXM Rumor Mole - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/19/mgs4-on-xbox-360-a-few-months-after-ps3-says-oxm-rumor-mole/)

A reliable tipster has whispered in X3F's ear that the Rumor Mole section in the latest issue of OXM claims a "bankable source" confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be coming to the Xbox 360 "a few months" after the PS3 version. Of course, there have been dozens of rumors insisting this will be the case, but the "Official Xbox Magazine" carries some weight.

Last week, Konami executive Kazumi Kitaue said, "Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps," igniting renewed speculation that the title would, in fact, be coming to Microsoft's console. Obviously, an announcement wasn't made at E3 last week ... perhaps TGS07?
Yay more gas for the fire. I hope this turns out to be true both because I'd like to play the game and also because it would finally stop all the speculation.

Weekly MGS4 to 360 rumour - Tick
Seeing as how this was actually posted like nearly two weeks ago, and with Sony AGAIN announcing that it was a PS3 exclusive at E3, can people take it with a grain of salt until we actually get a confirmation?
We get one of these things every week lol.

Proxy
07-20-2007, 06:10 AM
usually rumors of a game with graphics that good, going to a 360, is written by a person who owns, and jerks off onto thier 360 and hates everything else thinking it's the greatest damn thing ever invented, and can't stand the thought of some other console that has games with better graphics.

God damn I can't wait for this game. Exclusive game.
Exclusive to the PS3 game.

Fonzie
07-20-2007, 07:04 AM
usually rumors of a game with graphics that good, going to a 360, is written by a person who owns, and jerks off onto thier 360 and hates everything else thinking it's the greatest damn thing ever invented, and can't stand the thought of some other console that has games with better graphics.

God damn I can't wait for this game. Exclusive game.
Exclusive to the PS3 game.

So if the game got ported to the 360, MGS4 = Fission Mailed?

Because it's only a good game if it's on the original console.

LunarWeaver
07-20-2007, 10:41 AM
If it gets ported to the 360, it will be the same game on a console that costs less. I don't see why everybody is all huffy over it. This would also allow Kojima and company's hard work to be played and enjoyed by more people. That would be a "win" for the consumer, folks. Unless you own Sony, I can't imagine why anybody would give a :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Croyles
07-20-2007, 11:47 AM
If it gets ported to the 360, it will be the same game on a console that costs less. I don't see why everybody is all huffy over it. This would also allow Kojima and company's hard work to be played and enjoyed by more people. That would be a "win" for the consumer, folks. Unless you own Sony, I can't imagine why anybody would give a :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

So that it sells more PS3s and we ultimately get more and better games.
It obviously sucks for people who dont want to buy PS3s, and I feel for them. In that way I do want everyone to be able to play this game.
Its petty I know, but oh well :)

Old Manus
07-20-2007, 12:55 PM
DO WANT

Fonzie
07-21-2007, 02:13 AM

It obviously sucks for people who dont want to buy PS3s, and I feel for them. In that way I do want everyone to be able to play this game.

Last time I checked, you don't work for Sony, so you really shouldn't care. :p

Croyles
07-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Last time I checked, you don't work for Sony, so you really shouldn't care. :p

By 'we' I just meant people who have bought a PS3, not 'us' at sony. If you read what I wrote, i.e. "we ultimately get more and better games", you'd see that I wouldnt need to work for sony to care.
Im a gamer, I only have one console at the moment, and thats exactly why I care for more games coming to it and exclusives help sales and therefore more developers work and I get to geek out even more. So yeah I care, if only a little. :)

Plus, id hate to work at sony. Well, id love the money, but not the actual company.

Regardless, I cant wait for this game, whatever it comes out on.