PDA

View Full Version : Batman or Spider-Man?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Which movie franchise do you like better Batman or Spider-Man? I liked the first two Batman films but I thought the first two Spider-Man films were better.

Namelessfengir
07-12-2007, 05:02 PM
BRUCEMAN!!!!!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Who the hell is Bruceman? And if this another retarded joke please stop because it isn't funny.

Goldenboko
07-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Bantam is the best.

sir helix
07-12-2007, 05:12 PM
spider man all the way

Discord
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Neither. Stupid super-heroes.=/

I cast my vote for Bruce Willis from the other thread!

Peegee
07-12-2007, 05:47 PM
You seem to be talking about the Tim Burton / George Clooney batman films, in which case I prefer spiderman.

However if we're talking about the Chris Nolan Batman films, I will be more conflicted, but I would eventually choose Batman because the topic matter is more serious, and I like serious movies to stupid wacky mindless violence ones with no plot (but Die Hard 4 was a good film all the same).

=P

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-12-2007, 06:02 PM
You seem to be talking about the Tim Burton / George Clooney batman films, in which case I prefer spiderman.

However if we're talking about the Chris Nolan Batman films, I will be more conflicted, but I would eventually choose Batman because the topic matter is more serious, and I like serious movies to stupid wacky mindless violence ones with no plot (but Die Hard 4 was a good film all the same).

=P

I'm talking about ALL FIVE Batman films and ALL THREE Spider-Man films that's why I said "Which movie FRANCHISE do you like better?"

Bruce Willis sucks.

Raistlin
07-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Spider-Man is my favorite superhero and overall has better movies, but the latest Batman movie blows all the Spider-Man movies out of the water. If the trend continues, Batman may reign supreme.

EDIT: Bruce Willis is obviously far superior to both of them.

Bunny
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Batman is a better superhero because bats are better than spiders.

Slothy
07-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Despite the greatness of Batman Begins I prefer the Spider-Man films overall. I also despise the first four Batman films so I couldn't vote for that series and be able to live with myself. I prefer to think of Begins as the beginning of a new franchise entirely.

Roto13
07-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Who the hell is Bruceman? And if this another retarded joke please stop because it isn't funny.

=P

I'm talking about ALL FIVE Batman films and ALL THREE Spider-Man films that's why I said "Which movie FRANCHISE do you like better?"

Bruce Willis sucks.

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?

It's a hard decision, for me. I was Batman obsessed when I was a kid, but two of the five Batman movies are crap. However, the latest one is my favourite movie.

At the same time, I also love Spider-Man. All three of his movies are really good. (Because I'm not an e-tard so I can like the third one.)

I dunno. I'm not gonna vote.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-12-2007, 06:45 PM

I know...but this isn't about bats being cooler than spiders it's about who has the better movies.

And nobody pissed in my corn flakes because I don't eat corn flakes.

The Ceej
07-12-2007, 06:51 PM

All five Batman films are from two franchises. Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin (The latter two don't exist in my opinion) are from one franchise.

Batman Begins is an entirely new franchise which originally intended to have three movies. Why the second two didn't get made is beyond me. As evidince, I quote that IMDB had listed a sequel to Batman Begins and the countless continuity errors between the orginal four and this movie.

That being said, since the Schumacher (I don't care if I spelled that right) Batman films don't exist to me (I can deny the existance of a fiction work. That's what's so great about fiction), that leaves me with the Burton Batman pictures and Batman Begins against the Spider-Man franchise. I have to go with Batman. They're both good and I own the Batman films and the first two Spider-Man films, which should show you that I like both.

Burton's Batman was dark with subtle dark humor where it belonged. Schumacher's Batman was light and inappropriately funny. Especially the last one where Geroge Cloony played Adam West's Batman where he should have been playing the Batman that Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer before him played.

Not that it matters since those last two of that franchise don't exist to me.

Discord
07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Bruce Willis, logically! He's being a super-hero 99% of the (film-)time without wearing a stupid cape.

Bunny
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM

I know...but this isn't about bats being cooler than spiders it's about who has the better movies.

Batman is a better superhero because movies featuring bats are better than movies featuring spiders.

Better?

The Ceej
07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Besides, a masked vigilante is a much more plausible premise than a guy who got bit by a genetically engineered super spider gaining all the attributes of the spider instead of dying of or getting sick by its venom.

Most of the villains in the Batman films aren't supervillains at all. They're regular people who had something tragic happen to them making them angry at society.

So, yeah. The fact that there are no superpeople in Batman films makes it much more plausible.

Shlup
07-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I like Batman better, but not the movies. Except Batman Begins.

CimminyCricket
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Gasp!!

The original Batman was the best.

Blows away the Spider Man movies.

So, Batman.

Sergeant Hartman
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Spiderman, due to the epic villains.

Del Murder
07-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Spider Man translates better to movies, and has the benefit of better effects from being more recent. The first Batman movie was great, as well as Batman Begins. But as a series the Spidey stuff is more epic.

Namelessfengir
07-13-2007, 05:47 AM

bruceman is from punksandnerds

Project G
07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Batman owns! Spiderman is more of a kids thing! I mean a red and blue pajama suit? WTF is up with that?

And Batman's hardcore leather suit plus cape, ok so he isn't really a superhero because he doesn't have any super powers but he makes up for that with his kewl gagets because he is a rich kid but so what?

Jojee
07-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Spidey <3

PhoenixAsh
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I like both, but I'm gonna vote Spidey because he's more fun.

I know Batman is 'cooler' in theory, but at the end of the day, its a full grown man in a bat costume. The coolness is pretty forced.

Cledarius
07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I like both too and also my vote goes for Spiderman.

There are some pro's and con's i wont to list up.

Pro's and Con's for Spidey:
- His films are good, not the best because the stories are screwed up ( thinking of Gwen Stacy and Uncle Ben's Death for example.)
+ Spidey doesn't need a spideymobil or other vehicles to move to far places.
+ Spidey doesn't need weapons, he himself is a weapon.
+ Greatest Pro for me is, that Spidey has to work hard for his money.

Pro's and con's for Batman

- I like all of his movies but the problem is: you don't see the whole potential of batman. No regisseur succeeded in clarifying the hardness, the coolness and the sadness of "The Batman". Maybe thats why in every Movie there's another Batman.
+ He rocks! For a normal human without super powers he's great.
+ Looking at the outfits Batman rules! The dark outfit is great.
+ The background story is cooler and more tragic. Losing the parents in childhood is hard.
And Batman Begins was great but it can't reach the Spiderman movies.

At last i have to add. These two heroes are from total different worlds. Spidey is a mutant and has to fight other mutants with super powers. Batman is a normal guy that fights other normal guys.
But looking at the films, the spidey ones are better.