PDA

View Full Version : Things in Harry Potter movies that may be connected to parts in Deathly Hallows

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Ok, I have only read about a million times on the web about J.K. Rowling saying things put in the Potter movies that were unintentional that is in relation to something in the final book. I have watched them all over and over for the past week and can't find anything relating until I was reading in the Deathly Hallows thread and saw where CloudDragon said this:

Let's also take a back track to Book 3, The Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm not going to buy that the reason the Dementors went after Harry and tried to suck his soul out then was because he had much horror and drama in his past life. They went after him because he had a part of Voldy's soul inside him. Also think back to the comment Rowling made about Cuaron unknowingly and unintentionally putting things in the movie that greatly foreshadowed events in the last two books. Could this have related to the dementors?

That to me made me think a little and that is actually a good theory. So, other than that, I still can't think of anything, so is there anything you guys have seen that you may believe will have a part in The Deathly Hallows?

Araciel
07-13-2007, 12:38 AM
i think you're puzzling on it a bit too much.

i don't make any connection but then i'm not looking for one.

Rye
07-13-2007, 12:49 AM
It seems to me that any connection in the book to Deathly Hallows was viciously butchered out of the movie. But that's just me. :]

Araciel
07-13-2007, 12:55 AM
you mean aside from the fact that it's still basically the same story in the same world with the same characters

ljkkjlcm9
07-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Ginny having really strong magic spells, I feel, will be a big part of the final book

I think her love with Harry will be central to it all considering love is the "ultimate" magic

THE JACKEL

Garnie
07-13-2007, 01:28 AM
OOTP book said in the part of in the hogs before sorting out the DA that Harry vagully reconised the face of the bar man. in the film it clearly shows that alberforth was the man in the bar! thereforth the man that would know about dumbledors family and past. but everyone on some level knew that the man was alberforth.

Miriel
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Ginny having really strong magic spells, I feel, will be a big part of the final book

I think her love with Harry will be central to it all considering love is the "ultimate" magic

THE JACKAL

I agree. They didn't have to show Ginny's magical skill in this last movie, especially considering how many other plot points were absent. But they had at least 2 very distinct instances where Ginny was just whoopin' ass with her magic. That last scene where they were fighting death eaters and she just blasts them with a spell was very 'whoa'. I think the fact that she has tremendous power and skill will be important in Deathly Hallows.

I Don't Need A Name
07-13-2007, 10:38 AM
It seems to me that any connection in the book to Deathly Hallows to the original plot was viciously butchered out of the movies. But that's just me. :]

Araciel
07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
It seems to me that any connection in the book to Deathly Hallows to the original plot was viciously butchered out of the movies. But that's just me. :]

...yeeeaaaaah...

Ouch!
07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
OOTP book said in the part of in the hogs before sorting out the DA that Harry vagully reconised the face of the bar man. in the film it clearly shows that alberforth was the man in the bar! thereforth the man that would know about dumbledors family and past. but everyone on some level knew that the man was alberforth.
Er... you mean that guy actually looked like what Aberforth is supposed to look like (i.e. Dumbledore)? Had they intentionally made that connection, when Sirius was discussing the photo of the old Order of the Phoenix, Aberforth would have been present in it (which he wasn't). They totally blew it.