PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft admits all Xbox360's are defective

Fonzie
07-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Digg - Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective (http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Microsoft_Admits_ALL_Xbox360_s_Are_Defective)

Wow.

Roto13
07-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Well that sucks. I was planning on buying one, but I won't unless they fix this.

Ramza Beoulve
07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
11.6 million Xbox 360 with flaws...

Wow, only Microsoft could achieve something like that.

Rengori
07-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Ouch, diet coke coming through your nose from laughter hurts a :skull::skull::skull::skull:load...

Nominus Experse
07-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Epic lawlz

BatChao
07-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Whatever your view on MS or the 360 are, you have to admit that owning up to such a huge mistake publicly and getting ready to spend over a billion dollars to correct it is something worth applauding.

Disco Potato
07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow...my brother really wanted one of these...glad we held off on it...:eek:

Ramza Beoulve
07-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Whatever your view on MS or the 360 are, you have to admit that owning up to such a huge mistake publicly and getting ready to spend over a billion dollars to correct it is something worth applauding.After months of denial from Microsoft, it isn't of much applauding.

Rengori
07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Whatever your view on MS or the 360 are, you have to admit that owning up to such a huge mistake publicly and getting ready to spend over a billion dollars to correct it is something worth applauding.
How much is Bill Gates worth, $56 billion? And they kept this a secret since like 2005, that's not cool.

Madame Adequate
07-13-2007, 12:07 PM
This isn't news. Anyone who has been paying attention has known for months, if not longer, that you put your 360 somewhere well-ventilated and where the fans can all work well, or you risk it breaking.

I didn't even think of it as a defect. The 360 is this, does that, and has to stay out of this situation. I wouldn't expect my car to work if I let it overheat, either. And if I had a car.

JKTrix
07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Curious as to how this warranty thing will go through since I'm in Bermuda. I don't think I registered either of the 2 360's I have, and I actually took apart my first 360 that broke. So I guess that one's warranty is void :P

My 'new' one that I've had for a year and a bit hasn't been broke yet, so they probably won't take it *until* it breaks.

This has to be embarrassing for them.

Dreddz
07-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I heard only around 30% were defective, but now all of them? How does this work out, I know people who have had their 360's since launch and havent had a problem. I certainly havent. Is Microsoft saying that under all circumstances my 360 will eventually pass out? Lame. Especially seeing as I void to warranty.

cloud21zidane16
07-13-2007, 01:23 PM
how embarrassing for such a major company

Nifleheim7
07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
This doesn't surpise me at all.Typical Microsoft.
What really makes me mad is that some supposedly "objective" sites like Kotaku refuse to mention something like that about their precious microsoft (at least for the moment)...But when a negative rumour comes out for PS3 they are the first to mention it!!!Sometimes they are more than happy to mention it twice in case someone didn't read it.

Slothy
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I heard only around 30% were defective, but now all of them? How does this work out, I know people who have had their 360's since launch and havent had a problem. I certainly havent. Is Microsoft saying that under all circumstances my 360 will eventually pass out? Lame. Especially seeing as I void to warranty.

Read the article. Basically all 360's have a defect in the way the dissipate heat which can lead to overheating and eventual hardware failure.

This isn't news. Anyone who has been paying attention has known for months, if not longer, that you put your 360 somewhere well-ventilated and where the fans can all work well, or you risk it breaking.

I didn't even think of it as a defect. The 360 is this, does that, and has to stay out of this situation. I wouldn't expect my car to work if I let it overheat, either. And if I had a car.

It is a defect. I shouldn't have to take extra steps to keep one console safe from overheating that I wouldn't need to take with my others, especially if the only reason it's at risk of overheating is because Microsoft can't make anything right.

And I'm not going to give them credit for spending the better part of a year and a half denying there was a problem and doing little, if anything to fix it. The only reason they're owning up now is because it affects too many people for them to just ignore. I've seen a lot of people who've gone through two or three 360's since launch basically give up on the console. It's bad enough they have to try and worry about keeping the customers that are in the 30% of actual failed units. Imagine the trouble they'd be in if every 360 so far really did start failing and they didn't do anything about it.

Croyles
07-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Its a surprise that it took them this long to admit it. Shame that sony screwed up the way they presented their price drop at E3 though (its only for the limited 60gb model - its 'expected' that their new 80gb will come with bundle of a game and extra controller for the original $600, but will likely be cut by christmas so its back to $500 for the 80gb). If sony managed to actually properly present their marketing campaign (note that 80gb price cut is just a guess many a making so theyd never announce that), i.e. get the message across that the price cut is just until the 60gb one sell out, then they could of really had a good shot at coming back into the race. Right now, they will have to probably wait another year until that happens.

As it is:
Microsoft dropped the ball, fell on their face and then it landed by Sony who tripped over it. All the while Nintendo have their seperate super ball while simultaniously announcing that their ditching gamers and are from next year onward only going to try to appeal to your baby brother and sister, your mum and your gran. IMO their pretty much ditching the so called 'hardcore' gamers and just going for absolute casual gaming, that is why the Wii will continue to sell like mad.
10 nans and grans to every 1 gamer/hardcore gamer.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-13-2007, 03:28 PM

C'mon, they've admitted that they're faulty. Now they're going to replace them - they're doing the right thing. Be nice. :)

Croyles
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM

C'mon, they've admitted that they're faulty. Now they're going to replace them - they're doing the right thing. Be nice. :)

They rushed a product to crush the opposition. Now they are paying the consequences of a faulty product, in this scenario being nice to microsoft is like offering ice tea to the devil.
Ive seen people on the net whove had their 360's replaced 4 times. Whatever console fan or console non-fan anyone is, they gotta admit they screwed up :).

Discord
07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Puff! 360 fanboys are starting to disappear!

Araciel
07-13-2007, 04:00 PM
i've e mailed them....here's my situation: my xbox was having problems a while ago, so i e mailed them...they tried to help me and it seemed to fix my problems for a bit, but then it started again, and at that point i was passed warranty. since i was passed warranty i went to a local computer store and got them to take a look at it...they seemed to fix it temporarily, but still it eventually broke down on me. since it was passed warranty at that point i don't see how they can deny my claim as now the warranty is back on....it's not my fault i broke the seal to try and fix it since it was past warranty...but knowing company policies i'm most likely screwed....will keep you guys updated

JKTrix
07-13-2007, 06:51 PM
...will keep you guys updated

Please do, I am interested.

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2007, 07:01 PM
There's too much "Wah Microsoft is making more money than Sony and they are an evil corporation" in this thread for my liking. As for the actual topic, I guess the fact that pretty much everyone out there has reported for the past year and a half that the 360 shouldn't be put in an enclosed space isn't enough.

The title of the article is misleading, because Microsoft did not say "All our Xbox 360s are defective." They "admitted" that the design doesn't dissipate heat well, and may eventually lead to hardware failure. Well, no :skull::skull::skull::skull:, we already knew that, but hearing it straight from them is good for the consumer and is only going to hurt their sales, if anything.

They shouldn't have let this happen, no, but all the stuff they've crammed in there runs hot, and anyone with half a brain should be able to do something as simple as "don't cover up the holes." If you have a heavy-duty gaming computer/laptop and don't allow its fans to properly ventilate, it's not going to be good for it, either.

Goldenboko
07-13-2007, 07:04 PM
THE WII PULLS AHEAD AGAIN! GO WII!

Fonzie
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
There's too much "Wah Microsoft is making more money than Sony and they are an evil corporation" in this thread for my liking. As for the actual topic, I guess the fact that pretty much everyone out there has reported for the past year and a half that the 360 shouldn't be put in an enclosed space isn't enough.

The title of the article is misleading, because Microsoft did not say "All our Xbox 360s are defective." They "admitted" that the design doesn't dissipate heat well, and may eventually lead to hardware failure. Well, no :skull::skull::skull::skull:, we already knew that, but hearing it straight from them is good for the consumer and is only going to hurt their sales, if anything.

They shouldn't have let this happen, no, but all the stuff they've crammed in there runs hot, and anyone with half a brain should be able to do something as simple as "don't cover up the holes." If you have a heavy-duty gaming computer/laptop and don't allow its fans to properly ventilate, it's not going to be good for it, either.

Meh, honestly, I love the 360 because of the great games on it. My 360 has broken 2 time, but it doesn't instantly make me hate Microsoft. So far MS is winning IMHO.

Madame Adequate
07-13-2007, 07:12 PM
It is a defect. I shouldn't have to take extra steps to keep one console safe from overheating that I wouldn't need to take with my others, especially if the only reason it's at risk of overheating is because Microsoft can't make anything right.

I respond thusly:

Croyles
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
But the only thing that comments states is that 30% of 360 owners dont have a brain, and thats a pretty harsh comment to make. If 30% have already gotten hardware failure then there is something wrong with the product and yet people are trying to defend microsoft for this. Its obvious the console was rushed. People dont have to have anything against microsoft im just saying that this is bloody annoying for people with their product. From what ive heard it takes a lot less than not keeping it properly ventilated to cause hardware failure. This may not be the case for you, but around 3 million people say otherwise.

Microsoft rushed a console to crush competition, and microsoft is in my very own personal opinion a horrible company, but those two things arent necessarily connected.

edczxcvbnm
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I am tempted to intentionally break my 360 when they start fixing them with the new stuff. I will just prevent heat from leaving the system and keep playing until I get those evil red lights and then have Microsoft replace everything with a non-defective system design :D

Although I am sure I will play enough Halo 3 so that I will not have to intentionally break it :D

Croyles
07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I am tempted to intentionally break my 360 when they start fixing them with the new stuff. I will just prevent heat from leaving the system and keep playing until I get those evil red lights and then have Microsoft replace everything with a non-defective system design :D

Although I am sure I will play enough Halo 3 so that I will not have to intentionally break it :D

Thats a pretty good idea. Make sure your still in the warranty and the new systems have been around for a bit when do that though.
Hell I might say, "look those red rings of death have turned my 360 to ash[my cigarette ash] can I get a new one so I can sell it on ebay?"

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
But the only thing that comments states is that 30% of 360 owners dont have a brain, and thats a pretty harsh comment to make. If 30% have already gotten hardware failure then there is something wrong with the product and yet people are trying to defend microsoft for this. Its obvious the console was rushed. People dont have to have anything against microsoft im just saying that this is bloody annoying for people with their product. From what ive heard it takes a lot less than not keeping it properly ventilated to cause hardware failure. This may not be the case for you, but around 3 million people say otherwise.

Microsoft rushed a console to crush competition, and microsoft is in my very own personal opinion a horrible company, but those two things arent necessarily connected.
Oh, there's no denying that some of them will break no matter how well they're taken care of. But that brings the number to a much lower percentage, although it's probably still higher than should be acceptable with hardware. Point being, if you put 100% of the Xbox 360s in an enclosed space and run them a lot, most of them are probably going to fail. If you put 100% of Xbox 360s in a well-ventilated area and treat them like a person with some intelligence, not nearly that many will malfunction.

edczxcvbnm
07-13-2007, 08:37 PM

Thats a pretty good idea. Make sure your still in the warranty and the new systems have been around for a bit when do that though.
Hell I might say, "look those red rings of death have turned my 360 to ash[my cigarette ash] can I get a new one so I can sell it on ebay?"

I bought my system last christmas so it is still under warranty and will be for another 2.something odd years :D

If anything goes wrong with the system just over heat it to get the red rings. They will test it and blah blah blah and hopefully fix all of the problems. If not the claim the system didn't do that when you sent it in. Must have been damaged during shipping. To me the 3 year warranty ends up covering everything. I have no problem doing this to a company that puts out a malfunction prone product. They shouldn't have put it out in the first place.

I keep mine as well ventilated as possible but I realize it is probably only a matter of time.

Slothy
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Oh, there's no denying that some of them will break no matter how well they're taken care of. But that brings the number to a much lower percentage, although it's probably still higher than should be acceptable with hardware. Point being, if you put 100% of the Xbox 360s in an enclosed space and run them a lot, most of them are probably going to fail. If you put 100% of Xbox 360s in a well-ventilated area and treat them like a person with some intelligence, not nearly that many will malfunction.

And how do you know that? You haven't done the testing required to say how many will actually fail under normal use in a well ventilated area. Let's look at things this way; both of the other next-gen consoles have failure rates below 1%. I can't say for certain with the Wii since I don't have one, but the PS3 produces a lot of heat itself. If a large portion of those 360's that are failing are due to people not letting them ventilate properly then you'd probably see about the same failure rate due to overheating for the PS3, or at least something higher than 1%. That's not the case though which implies to me that either PS3 owners are abnormally smart in comparison to 360 owners, or it dissipates the heat well and the 360 doesn't. Don't try to feed me some crap that 30% of 360 owners are complete morons when failure rates for other consoles are so low in comparison. The console wasn't built well. Obviously it's failing to dissipate heat well under what could be considered typical use by your average consumer, and this is leading to a lot of hardware failures.

I'm not saying this because I have a problem with the 360 as a gaming platform. I'm saying this because it's poorly built. The proof is in the numbers whether you want to admit it or not.

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
It seems logical to me that far fewer than 100% of the consoles will fail in a well-ventilated area because of the millions of 360s sold, they haven't all fucking broken. I didn't say "only 5% will break in a well ventilated area," I just said that not nearly as many will malfunction. I just don't personally consider it "defective" because overheating can make its insides go to :skull::skull::skull::skull:, because that can happen with a variety of other electronic devices. Maybe it's poorly built, but I think that's a different statement, and that the title of the article is not a good representation of what Microsoft said.

Slothy
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I just don't personally consider it "defective" because overheating can make its insides go to :skull::skull::skull::skull:, because that can happen with a variety of other electronic devices.

While it is true that overheating is generally bad for any type of electronic device, it's also true that it's more prone to it by Microsofts own admission because of flawed design. The parts themselves may not technically be defective but the design itself is. And though that won't necessarily make every unit fail (every circumstance is different afterall; some people will use theirs more, or play for longer periods in one sitting, among other factors), it's obviously contributed a great deal to the rediculously high failure rate. Microsoft has said they're fixing the flaw though, so I suppose the real question will be whether or not the failure rates actually fall in the coming months and years.

Northcrest
07-14-2007, 01:56 AM
I knew Xbox was retarded. I hope they go out of business.;)

Fonzie
07-14-2007, 05:52 AM

Hopefully this is sarcasm, or you've never played used an Xbox 360 before.

Northcrest
07-14-2007, 05:56 AM

I already played the Xbox and didn't like it. I doubt that I would like the 360 especially of the horrible games it has.

Rengori
07-14-2007, 06:01 AM

I already played the Xbox and didn't like it. I doubt that I would like the 360 especially of the horrible games it has.
You haven't played the 360 and you say it has horrible games?

Fonzie
07-14-2007, 06:04 AM

I might as well say," I'm going to call you an idiot because I've never meet you before, or talked to you IRL."

Croyles
07-14-2007, 11:49 AM
360 has some good games, theres no denying that. Now its time people stop denying that there are really good games for the PS3 too. Especially the media. There are like 10 titles I wanna get all the way from August to December this year.

Captain Maxx Power
07-14-2007, 12:24 PM
THE WII PULLS AHEAD AGAIN! GO WII!

Puff! 360 fanboys are starting to disappear!

Everytime a 360 fanboy dies, a Wii fanboy replaces him. Soon all will be enamoured with the technically inferior product of the Wii and thusly gaming will be put back five years :cool:

Madame Adequate
07-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I doubt that I would like the 360 especially of the horrible games it has.

I agree. I was stupid enough to waste money on a 360, and a number of games for it. These include The Godfather, Fight Night Round 3, Dead Rising, Perfect Dark Zero, Gears of War, Oblivion, Ghost Recon, Burnout Revenge, and Earth Defense Force 2017. Even worse, I've already pre-ordered Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Alan Wake.

I have the buyer's remorse.

Araciel
07-14-2007, 03:31 PM
was there a 'best sarcasm' ciddie?

I Am Stoner
07-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Digg - Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective (http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Microsoft_Admits_ALL_Xbox360_s_Are_Defective)

Wow.

I have one, i've had it for almost a year and i've never had a problem with mine ever.

Croyles
07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Ive never had one and ive been having lots of problems with it, I cant imagine how many problems Id have if I had one.

Baloki
07-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Remember kids if your XBox360 breaks you lose all your downloaded content as Microsoft don't repair broken 360's they just replace them. Also tbh they should have put out a general recall on systems bought before a certain date, this would have given them the chance to do some testing AND would have prevented the bad press their now receiving. Oh well, hindsight anyone?

Northcrest
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM

I agree. I was stupid enough to waste money on a 360, and a number of games for it. These include The Godfather, Fight Night Round 3, Dead Rising, Perfect Dark Zero, Gears of War, Oblivion, Ghost Recon, Burnout Revenge, and Earth Defense Force 2017. Even worse, I've already pre-ordered Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Alan Wake.

See someone agrees with me the couple of games I like for it is
Grand Theft Auto
Sonic the Hedgehog
some other games I don't remember.

But like I said i only like 360 for that there aren't anything good about it anymore.

Madame Adequate
07-14-2007, 11:42 PM
.... I think I need Zordon's help for dealing with this one.

*Headdesk*

Rengori
07-14-2007, 11:47 PM

See someone agrees with me the couple of games I like for it is
Grand Theft Auto
Sonic the Hedgehog
some other games I don't remember.

But like I said i only like 360 for that there aren't anything good about it anymore.Dude, MILFy was being sarcastic.

XxSephirothxX
07-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Remember kids if your XBox360 breaks you lose all your downloaded content as Microsoft don't repair broken 360's they just replace them. Also tbh they should have put out a general recall on systems bought before a certain date, this would have given them the chance to do some testing AND would have prevented the bad press their now receiving. Oh well, hindsight anyone?
Since you can only download content to a memory card or the harddrive, which is detachable, you wouldn't lose anything by sending in your 360 for repair/replacement.

Croyles
07-14-2007, 11:58 PM

*Headdesk*

This is fanboyism at its truest form MILF, we are all trying to deal with it.

Fonzie
07-15-2007, 12:04 AM

*Headdesk*

How is that "fanboyism"? Explain please.

Rengori
07-15-2007, 12:06 AM

*Headdesk*

How is that "fanboyism"? Explain please.I think it has to do with the Prism Power Rangers.

Croyles
07-15-2007, 12:10 AM

*Headdesk*

How is that "fanboyism"? Explain please.I think it has to do with the Prism Power Rangers.

Its got more to do with the nature of sarcasm than Prism Power Rangers, while being in love with only one console.
On a different note, heres what it looks like when someones been caught off guard by sarcasm:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Croyles/curseyouvillainsu5tu0mw2.jpg

Rengori
07-15-2007, 12:11 AM

*Headdesk*

Its got more to do with the nature of sarcasm than power rangers.

WTF does Zordon have to do with sarcasm?

Croyles
07-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Go back to MILFs first post and read what was written before. My fanboyism comments got nothing to do with MILF or her like of the power rangers. *sigh* :)
I have achieved confusion, now I must be off.

Fonzie
07-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Go back to MILFs first post and read what was written before. My fanboyism comments got nothing to do with MILF or her like of the power rangers. *sigh* :)

You fail hard, Milf is a dude.

Heath
07-15-2007, 12:29 AM
It would've been beneficial to all parties if they'd at least check the machines before releasing them, which does seem rather careless to me. At least they are replacing them, but they honestly should've made sure the consoles were in decent working order before they released them. Would've saved a lot of money and hassle for everyone involved.

Croyles
07-15-2007, 12:34 AM

Woops typo :shifty: Sorry Milf.

Madame Adequate
07-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Its got more to do with the nature of sarcasm than Prism Power Rangers, while being in love with only one console.

I'm not in love with one console. Here is what I own - not with the intent to brag, but to demonstrate - PSX, PSOne, PS2, GameCube, N64, Genesis/Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, X-Box, 360, and a gaming PC. I don't have a Wii yet, as the most compelling games have not yet shown up for me. I do not have a PS3 yet because A) They're goddamn expensive, and B) They don't yet have games I both want, and can't get elsewhere. The 360 has enough games I either already like, or think look good, to justify my ownership of one to me. I will be getting a Wii before NiGHTS or SSBB come out, I expect - and I will be likely to get a PS3 with a price drop and some more games I really want.

Woops typo :shifty: Sorry Milf.

No worries there, plenty of other folks have made the same mistake ;)

Baloki
07-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Since you can only download content to a memory card or the harddrive, which is detachable, you wouldn't lose anything by sending in your 360 for repair/replacement.

From what I understand however that content can only be read by the specific 360 it was downloaded to, as a DRM so people couldn't pirate what they downloaded off the service so if you lose the 360 the downloaded content becomes useless, even if it's moved to a new box.

Lawr
07-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Reminds me of when Nasa put the Telescope in space for the first time.

Croyles
07-15-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm not in love with one console. Here is what I own - not with the intent to brag, but to demonstrate - PSX, PSOne, PS2, GameCube, N64, Genesis/Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, X-Box, 360, and a gaming PC. I don't have a Wii yet, as the most compelling games have not yet shown up for me. I do not have a PS3 yet because A) They're goddamn expensive, and B) They don't yet have games I both want, and can't get elsewhere. The 360 has enough games I either already like, or think look good, to justify my ownership of one to me. I will be getting a Wii before NiGHTS or SSBB come out, I expect - and I will be likely to get a PS3 with a price drop and some more games I really want.

Dude, I was talking about someone else. Someone who made you want to *headdesk*.

Madame Adequate
07-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Consider my response a response to anyone who accuses me of fanboyism, be that you or anyone else.

Croyles
07-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Lol ok. A sort of pre-warning then :D

JackNapier
07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Well I've had mine since launch, not a problem yet. Keeping it in a well-ventilated area really isn't that big of deal.

Brennan
07-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I knew it was gonna happen!

ShunNakamura
07-16-2007, 05:38 AM

Wowzers you really should have buyers remorse. Being had so strongly quit is awful.

Note, I am serious... very few of those games cause me to do anything more than go 'meh' or 'blech'. Note this doesn't mean the game sucks, just that I don't find anything overly appealing about them that would make me buy them over other games.

And yes I did make sure I was familar with the majority of the listed titles before saying this.

And yeah, I am just yanking the chain so feel free to ignore this above bit.

As for overheating; that is something that should always be taken care of. During the summer heat and humidity are high enough(at least here) that even well ventilated equipment can experience issues with the heat if you aren't careful. I would hate to be playing with something with heating issues... I probably wouldn't even dare turn it on except at night when I can at least hope that my room will stay around what is considered room temperature(64 to 72? I think).

Araciel
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
my response today included general warranty information about not opening the machine as it voids the warranty, which looks to have been copy/pasted into the email with no thought. i was prompted to call the company, which i am doing but i'm on hold and i don't know how long it will be. looks like they aren't going to help me, which i assumed but i always held out hope.

JaytodaP
07-20-2007, 05:27 AM
My 360 just died today at 7:58 pm. It refuses to read discs, although i did not get the ring of death.(but i have had it before. restarting it seemed to fix it but not for long i guess.) Hopefully Best Buy can get a core system in. They said they might not get another shipment in. How lovely, I h ave to shell out even more money for the goddamn thing. I can't come home from work or school or something and kill people when i want to. It hasnt just started happening. I've had my 360 for over a year and ive had these problems. It made a ring around Gears and now i have to buy it again. Now if best buy doesnt get my damn core system in, I'm going to be pissed off. I paid extra money for my guaranteed replacement and im probably not gonna get it. I guess I'll just demand an elite or something. I dunno. What are they gonna do. I paid for a guaranteed replacement.

And by the way,
when I called Microsoft about my Xbox fucking up, they insisted that my disc was scratched, i moved it while playing, or i didnt have it on a flat surface. Assholes. Best buy tells me an electrical problem causes the disc drive to malfunction and ruin discs. (it really scratched their cleaning disc they put in.) So yeah, call Microsoft about your problem and they blame it on you. I told them i took Shadowrun right out of the box and into my xbox. The guy who cant speak English tries to tell me that I'm lying and the disc is scratched. Asshole. I try my hardest to be nice to people but it never seems to work out correctly. They can't do something as simple as make their product work. It's ridiculous. I know 5 people whose boxes have broke within the past month. One of my friends has been waiting for about 5 weeks now for it to be fixed. Its quite annoying i think.