PDA

View Full Version : Is it symoblism or something???

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
:confused: Ive just noticed if you look closely at the fayth statue's theyre all face down. At first i thought most of them were face up with a few in profile, particularly the ones with one wing like thing. Is there some special signifigance or meaningful behind this? Was it meant to be blatantly obvious and im just unperseptive?

Tavrobel
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Seems like it's an artistic thing. If there were any plot value attached, it would be notable.

BG-57
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Something even stranger is that most of the entombed Fayth do not resemble their spectral forms when you meet them. I suspect its because the ghostly Fayth (other than Anima's and Bahamut's) were simply resued generic characters.

Take Ixion for example. His entombed body resembles a muscular young man clutching a horn, while his ghost appears as a frail old man.

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2007, 04:40 PM
He looked like a sea captain to me, but when i looked closer he almost looks like cid.

What's even more creepy is all those fayth you see just before you reach zanarkand, the ones stuck in the wall, making dream zanarkand or something. It was creepy enough with a bunch of bodies in a wall, its even creepier to think that they have thier face stuck inside a rock...

BG-57
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I think showing their faces would tip the balance of the game's tone into horror. Anima already brings it to the borderline.

Little Blue
07-14-2007, 05:33 PM
The discrepancy between the Aeon / Fayth appearance and the Fayth Apparition could be different ways of the soul rendering itself. The fayth statue and the aeon is the soul's true rendering, showing a person's true nature. The apparition could simply be how they physically appeared at the time they were made into a fayth.

Tavrobel
07-14-2007, 06:16 PM
...or the designers/renderers got lazy.

rubah
07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
it might've been a last minute thing.

"OH MY GOD YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO LET THE SHEEP INTO THE TEMPLES?! WE ONLY DESIGNED TWO OF THE DUDES ARE YOU KIDDING?"

"hey hey hey calm down, just pull out some random NPCs and it'll be cool"

"FACESMASH"

Timerk
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
"OH MY GOD YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO LET THE SHEEP INTO THE TEMPLES?!

That could be the tagline for

Final Fantasy X-3: You Gotta Have Fayth

EDIT: It's Saturday and I haven't posted in a while, sorry :(

Pete for President
07-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Something even stranger is that most of the entombed Fayth do not resemble their spectral forms when you meet them. I suspect its because the ghostly Fayth (other than Anima's and Bahamut's) were simply resued generic characters.

Take Ixion for example. His entombed body resembles a muscular young man clutching a horn, while his ghost appears as a frail old man.

Just a question, do you have any more of those statue/tomb artwork stuff pictures?

Big D
07-15-2007, 01:03 AM
"OH MY GOD YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO LET THE SHEEP INTO THE TEMPLES?!

That could be the tagline for

Final Fantasy X-3: You Gotta Have Fayth

EDIT: It's Saturday and I haven't posted in a while, sorry :(xD You win:)

The Fayth at the Fayth Wall near Zanarkand all seem to be actual entombed bodies, while the Fayth in the temples might merely be statues that are carrying the trapped souls of the summoners. In both cases, the stone's containing the living spirit of a human being, so the effect's much the same regardless of the finer details.

It's interesting that the Fayths' faces are always hidden, even when the statues don't have fully human features. Could be an artistic means of showing the dehumanised, isolated nature of the Fayths' existence. Or something.

rubah
07-15-2007, 02:33 AM
thinking about it, that wall you mentioned kinda makes me think of those mass graves they dug for people in concentration camps in ww2. I mean, you have a whole bunch of people acting as fayths and they're all just stuck there being summoned to power this gigantic city. Kinda makes me wonder if yu-yevon killed them all at once. Well I say killed, I guess they can't have died first, since they have to have 'their still-living bodies' as lulu said :} But yeah, mass grave anyone?

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Someone posted this link in a thread before
Final Fantasy Project :: Final Fantasy X :: The Fayth (http://ffproject.net/ff10/fayth/)
Thats all the statues.

I thought those people in the wall did it voluntarily

Mirage
07-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I want those in higher resolution. They'd make great wallpapers.

Nifleheim7
07-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I want those in higher resolution. They'd make great wallpapers.

QFT!

Pete for President
07-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Someone posted this link in a thread before
Final Fantasy Project :: Final Fantasy X :: The Fayth (http://ffproject.net/ff10/fayth/)
Thats all the statues.

I thought those people in the wall did it voluntarily
ah cool! thanks a lot!

BG-57
07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I think the copies I have came from the same source.

Does anyone want images of the ghostly Fayth?

Nifleheim7
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I think the copies I have came from the same source.

Does anyone want images of the ghostly Fayth?

These designs kick ass!
Does anyone knows who did them?

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2007, 11:07 PM
It says Yusuke Naora on them but i have no idea who that is.

If you click on the pictures in the link theres a higher resolution and scroll down abit the human form of the fayth can be seen, I thought Shiva would have less clothes on but...

On another topic for this thread, why doesnt yojimbo's fayth statue show diargo.

BG-57
07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I found the Fayth statues creepy, but in a good way. Reminded me of the art of H.R. Gieger, especially in Anima.

My guess is Shiva's Fayth came from a cold climate and dressed appropriately.

I have no idea about Yojimbo's dog. You think they would after including the hat. BTW, I've gotten complaints for calling the dog Daigoro and also for using the name Kogoro so I gave up and just call him Yojimbo's dog.

Renmiri
07-25-2007, 01:36 AM
It says Yusuke Naora on them but i have no idea who that is.

If you click on the pictures in the link theres a higher resolution and scroll down abit the human form of the fayth can be seen, I thought Shiva would have less clothes on but...

On another topic for this thread, why doesnt yojimbo's fayth statue show diargo.
Yusuke Naora is one of the game design guys at Square. He does a lot of concept art.

I think Yojimbo's dog is Daigoro and Yuna's pet on X-2 Trainer's dressphere is Kogoro.

There is a series of japanese movies - Lone Wolf and Cub - about a disgraced samurai named Yojimbo and his son Daigoro. Perhaps Square named the Aeon/ dog combination in honor of them. Yojimbo does use the samurai "look"

XxSephirothxX
07-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, there's also Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, which is one of his many famous and lauded samurai films starring Toshiro Mifune. Although if that series featured characters with both names, seems like a more likely reference.

dragontamer
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Yojimbo means 'bodyguard', which makes sense as the aeon protects the summoner from harm. I think the Char designers should have spent more time on the fayths' human forms. Or at least changed the colour schemes on the random NPC's