PDA

View Full Version : "Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane.

Goldenboko
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain!"

Do you guys hate traveling on planes? Its a very common Phobia.

PS- I got the idea for this topic cuz I'm going on vacation good chance you might not see me as much for awhile

Nominus Experse
07-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I only hate it because I cannot move

I NEED space dammit.

Leen-Leen
07-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not scared of it or anything, but I hate it because usually I get a huge headache while I'm flying, and I DON'T LIKE HEADACHES!

It's seriously awesome if you're in business/first class, though, and I don't get a headache there! But as many times I've been on airplanes, I've only been able to get to that class, like, twice in my life. *sob*

Psychotic
07-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I had never been on a plane until a year ago, and I think flying itself is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it when the plane was taking off and was being thrown around in turbulence, actually.

Plus we flew over Iraq and what with it being an American plane and all, we got to bomb British tanks! HELLO BITING POLITICAL SATIRE MY OLD FRIEND!

Tallulah
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I haven't been on a plane in twelve years. :eek:

I was a kid last time I flew, and I thought it was awesome! :D I suppose it will be different now I'm an adult. :(

Miriel
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I just really hate the landing and the taking off. Everything in between is fine. The worst part of flying is airports. Man, I hate airports.

Rocket Edge
07-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't particularly like it.

demondude
07-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't really have a fear but i'm always anxious that somethings gonna go wrong and the planes gonna crash.

bipper
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Death does not bother me so much - therefore flying is trivial. I am scared :skull::skull::skull::skull:less of heights though. PS: I have only flown twice, and to the same damn airport (Minneapolis to Miami)

Great song choice. Fuel does an ok cover of it :/ Iike the lyrics, hate the traditional sound of it :D

James Leopold
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Last time I was on a plane was 7 years ago. I also enjoyed the turbelance, but then I was a kid....

Goldenboko
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Great song choice. Fuel does an ok cover of it :/ Iike the lyrics, hate the traditional sound of it :D

Fuel did do an okay cover, but I still prefer the classic.

Polaris
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
OMG I must be the only person in the world that never traveled by plain... *dies*

daggertrepe
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I've never been on a plane. :(

rubah
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
The worst part of plane rides for me is going on them alone.

Shiny
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Meh. Flying is alright. It's pretty boring though. *watches an episode of Ellen DeGeneres on a plane*

Yamaneko
07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
I will die on my way to pump gas before I die on a plane. I just don't like the cramped space. Landing is fun.

Northcrest
07-13-2007, 10:04 PM
I have only flown a plane once and I had loved it. Especially when we're about to land and I see Nigeria Africa where my Mom was born. Everything looked so small.

Iceglow
07-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to be a fighter pilot can't be a fighter pilot if you hate heights or flying or suffer vertigo fortunately I suffer none of those maladies but I got turned down from the RAF on health and safety issues... I was very sad.

kikimm
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I fucking hate planes. I get really sick, can't move, scared to death. Not a fun experience for me.

Fixed your poll.

Faris
07-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Planes are fun. I dislike take off though, but I laugh at my reaction every time. Landing would be more fun if my ears didn't pop.

Jessweeee♪
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm always nervous when I get on a plane :P

Once the plane's in the air and level I can close the window and pretend I'm in a car. One thing I really hate though, is my ears popping >.<

f f freak
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
I voted for them all. LOLZROFLLMAOHOBBITSECKSWTFOMG?

Meat Puppet
07-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Tough poll: I don’t hate flying, but I do hate Goldenboko. I guess I’ll just settle on the fence on this one here. Really, I’ve been flying on planes since before I could read, and on my own before I was tall enough to use a Xerox. Theoretically it should terrify me, but I’m never really bothered. I always acknowledge the fact that I might crash and die, but that is really more of a disclaimer for myself than anything.

Odaisé Gaelach
07-14-2007, 03:59 AM
I love planes, and I love flying. :love:

The last time I was on a plane was a year ago. I was in an Aer Lingus Airbus A320, named "Seanán" or "St. Senan". All Aer Lingus planes are named after Irish saints.

I remember it was around 9PM in the evening when we embarked on the plane. Charles DeGaulle airport in France. The aircraft taxied to the runway for take off - I remember we were in a queue just off the runway, waiting for other aircraft to take off.

We took off (what a rush of speed!) and climbed to 34,000 feet. The sky was overcast but we were above the clouds. The sky was red and blue and purple. The sun was setting but it was still bright and orange. I took out my digital camera, and took one photograph of it through the window. I'll cherish that image for the rest of my life...

Namelessfengir
07-14-2007, 04:05 AM
never flown

Resha
07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I love flying, and I love planes, and I love airports. I especially like travelling alone or with my friends for school trips (read: I hate travelling with family :jess:).

I think airports and plane rides are amongst the best bits of any vacation. Even just being in an airport to drop someone else off gets me so so so excited. Like "IT'LL BE ME, SOON!" And people in airports are fun to watch.

And I love turbulence in flights, and I love long flights, because I can watch TV and read and do everything but sleep. And peanuts.

I try and fly once every year. Even if it's just to Singapore :cry: thirty-minute flight bleeegehehgeh.

Heath
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I've only ever flown one journey (Manchester -> Florida, though once we stopped off at Newcastle and Bangor en route), which is a fairly busy and long flight. I do quite enjoy flying actually. I think I'd enjoy it much more if I were travelling with friends instead of family, but I honestly don't see me flying with family again until I have one of my own.

As fun as airports and airplanes are, they rip you off so much it's untrue which is really quite irritating.

Lynx
07-14-2007, 04:10 PM
ive been to florida and back on a plane and to las vegas and back. i have no problem with flying but i do find them painfully boreing. music helps but a 6 hour plain ride from new york to las vegas made me want to jump :p

The Ceej
07-14-2007, 06:49 PM

I don't know about that. I may have gone with Leaving On A Jet Plane.

I'm not scared of flying. I know how safe it is. But I hate it. I hate going through all the BS at the airport. But I guess it was necessary, because, who knows, I might have been trying to blow myself up that day. Statistics show that air travel is no safer than it was before 9/11. And besides, that's not the point of the inconvenience. They figure if they make it extremely inconvenient at the airport, rich, white people will feel safer. And that's the point.

"Oh, this is really inconvenient. I must be double safe."

No. Air travel will never be any safer than it was before 9/11, and no amount of inconvenience will make it so. So, enough BS and just let me through.

Then, once you get on the plane, you're in a cramped space for several hours. You can't get up. You can't do anything. You're completely bored. It's a waste of my time.

Yeah, and the last time I flew (in December) as we were landing, the flight attendant told me that I needed to put my seat back up for landing. Son of a bitch, I didn't even know it was back. Kind of shows you the difference between forward and back with those seats. But more importantly, it blows their theory out of the water. See, they took off just fine with it back as I never put it back, so it was back when I sat down. And it landed fine when it was back as the original person who sat in that seat never put it forward again. So, the seat forward/seat back rule is as BS as the no cell phones rule.

Speaking of the no cell phones rule, the rule originally started when they installed plane phones in the planes. They didn't want people talking on the phone for cheap. They wanted people to pay $3 a minute on the plane phones. So, they outlawed cell phones. Now that they got rid of the plane phones, they can't allow cell phones again because people will know it was a load of BS and boycott air travel because they were ripped off with plane phones. Cell phones don't mess with any system required to fly or land a plane. It's been proven.

So yeah. I hate flying.

Jojee
07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I travel on planes very often ^^ I`m pretty much used to it. In the past two weeks I`ve taken planes to Detroit -> Tokyo -> Beijing -> Chengdu -> Xi`An -> Chengdu -> Beijing -> and am now in Tokyo again! x3 More plane trips to come (Back to Detroit then to Appleton ^-^) They`re pretty fun :</>D

Rostum
07-15-2007, 01:34 PM
The only reason I hate flying is because of my sinus. It really plays up and I get huge headaches.

One time, I ended up with an ear infection because of it. Couldn't hear out of it for about 2 weeks.

There have been times when I have been fine though, and I don't really mind if that's the case. Not afraid of heights or any possibilities of it crashing.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I have more of a phobia of terrorists boarding the planes Daniel

Goldenboko
07-15-2007, 11:42 PM
I hate you too guys =D

Anyway yep, the plane ride was as always, no fear, just boring :(

PS- My hotel=Awesome, the internet here is ridiculously fast.

Rengori
07-16-2007, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't mind flying on planes if it weren't for the airline companies, the fat people I always seem to get stuck between, and my parent's tendency to never buy tickets to a flight that lands before midnight.

Tempest
07-16-2007, 01:32 AM
I love flying in planes. Granted I haven't been on one in more then 10 years but, hey I'd still love it!

Croyles
07-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Would anyone believe me if I told them ive been on a plane 6 times a year for 12 years? Thats 72 times.
I still like it :)

Rengori
07-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I love flying in planes. Granted I haven't been on one in more then 10 years but, hey I'd still love it!
Anyone who hasn't flown since 9/11 shouldn't say they'd still love it, because I used to like flying before then too.

Tempest
07-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Anyone who hasn't flown since 9/11 shouldn't say they'd still love it, because I used to like flying before then too.

You know, honestly, even after 9/11 I still am not afraid of flying.

Rengori
07-16-2007, 01:54 AM

It's not the fear of flying, you just have to put up with more crap than you did before it.

Vikeve
07-16-2007, 01:54 AM

Same, I like flying its fast and I still feel it's safest way to travel.;)

Tempest
07-16-2007, 01:55 AM

It's not the fear of flying, you just have to put up with more crap than you did before it.

Yeah, that's going to be annoying whenever the hell I'm going to fly again. :rolleyes2

Yep, same here Vik.

Croyles
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
"No liquids!"
"This is toothpaste!"
"Its still a liquid"
"Its under the 100ml limit!"
"Sir, this is a public airport, would you mind not making a commotion?"

".........SCREW YOU! BOMB!!! BOMB!!! THERES A BOMB IN THE HOUSE!!!"