PDA

View Full Version : Worst VA You've Ever Heard

Jessweeee♪
07-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Usually, if the story's good, I can sit through horrible voice acting no problem, but just now I tried watching the Tekken movie, and I just couldn't watch it...it was...terrible...

Aaaanywhooo, read the title if you don't know what to do.

CimminyCricket
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Fable
Oblivion
Diablo II

LunarWeaver
07-13-2007, 11:36 PM
The original Resident Evil was bad in that good way.

Cookie
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Cao Cao in Dynasty Warriors 3.

Venom
07-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Mortal Kombat

Rengori
07-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Final... Fantasy.... X... because the guys... at... square... were too lazy... to... change the lips... from the... Japanese... version... so... everyone talks... like this.

DK
07-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Thousand Arms has dire voice acting.

Karellen
07-14-2007, 03:23 AM
You don't know what bad voice acting is until you have played Star Ocean 2.

Vermachtnis
07-14-2007, 03:37 AM
Megaman 8, I win.

Rengori
07-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Megaman 8, I win.

Doctow Wight sounds just fine!

Disco Potato
07-14-2007, 04:08 AM
I hated Vaan's voice in FFXII. I think I hated his character itself more for it :p

Araciel
07-14-2007, 04:13 AM
The original Resident Evil was bad in that good way.

hell fuck yeah

Hambone
07-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Sailor Moon dub!

Zeromus_X
07-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Hm....

Mega Man 8. Pretty self-explanatory.

Mega Man X4. X sounds like a little girl. Dunno what his Japanese counterpart sounds like, but it's still a bit awkward. x_O

Tales of Eternia. "Omega Tempest!" "Neo Tempest Swarm!" "Aqua Spiral!"

Star Ocean: The Second Story. "Teeear into pieces!" "The bleeding won't stop..." "Mother..."

^You have to hear it to understand how terrible it is, though.

Audio Atrocities (TM) :: Star Ocean:Second Story (Playstation) (http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/starocean2/index.html)

Still can't figure out which game of the last two had it worse. Thankfully, the quality of English language voice acting in video games has improved greatly in the last eight years...

XxSephirothxX
07-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Final Fantasy Unlimited. God, that :skull::skull::skull::skull: is awful. If Oblivion, Fable, FFX, or FFXII is the worst you've ever heard, count yourself very lucky. :p

Rengori
07-14-2007, 05:52 AM
Oh yeah, Laharl's laugh from Disgaea. I love the game, he's just got a retarded laugh.

Vermachtnis
07-14-2007, 05:58 AM
Oh yeah, Laharl's laugh from Disgaea. I love the game, he's just got a retarded laugh.

His laugh was retarted, but what about the awesomeness bad VA (altough on purpose) of Prism Yellow (http://youtube.com/watch?v=dFb1_SFqG8A).

Rengori
07-14-2007, 06:00 AM
I was going to bring Prism Yellow up. And also Prism Indigo and Orange, and whichever one the gay one was.

Jessweeee♪
07-14-2007, 06:00 AM
I didn't find FFX too bad...but the more I go through the game, the more I notice how hard they had to work to fit the lips x.x

There were times where Tidus's VA had to talk really fast (withYunabymyside/thelastchapterofmystory)

...and Yuna's VA always had to...talk...like this...and Yuna's lips were still moving when she was done speaking u.u

FFX was still my fav, though n.n

Obsidian
07-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Shining Force 3 on the Saturn. There is no comparison.

Old Manus
07-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Jill, here's a lockpick. I thought it might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, took it with you.

Stop! I've found something. It's a weapon! It's really powerful! Especially against living things! You should take it.

Oh my GOD!

That was TOO close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!

Stop! Don't open that door!

Barry, thank you for saving my life.

Shoeberto
07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Diablo II
Seriously?

RE1 is a good one. Classic bad VA.

Tallulah
07-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Final... Fantasy.... X... because the guys... at... square... were too lazy... to... change the lips... from the... Japanese... version... so... everyone talks... like this.

QFT. :eep:

The Unknown Guru
07-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Dragonball Anything.

Roto13
07-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion. :P

Proxy
07-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz.
My ears almost bled & fell off when I heard that.

MJN SEIFER
07-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Bare wth me this may take some explaining:

Back in England a chanal called "Toonami" was showing some DBZ movies.

However they hadn't been translated to English yet, nor dubbed into American, so guess what Toonami did?

They got hold of an eairly script and did the damn thing them selves!!!

It was terrible, As there was no dubbed or translated version the characters mouths moved in time to their Japanese lines, and when I say eairly script I mean really eairly certain things had obviously been changed in the later scripts and the show showed it.

Of course the main reason I'm answering is the Voices right? Oh I've saved the worst for last alright!

Toonami's idea of voice acting has to be heard to be beleived, their ideas to how the characters should sound makes me wonder if they've ever seen DBZ in their lives (real or dubbed) and no mattter what the situation or emotion of the characters where, the tone of voice was always the same - a flat I'm-reading-from-a-script type of voice.

I still can't get over it...

Lawr
07-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Megaman 8
Prism Ranger Yellow

Duo's voice sucked big hairy burly balls.

ReloadPsi
07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
You don't know what bad voice acting is until you have played Star Ocean 2.

That's up there with Resident Evil for "so bad it's good" status.

Yup. At least FFXII was less awkward.

Jessweeee♪
07-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Bare wth me this may take some explaining:

Back in England a chanal called "Toonami" was showing some DBZ movies.

However they hadn't been translated to English yet, nor dubbed into American, so guess what Toonami did?

They got hold of an eairly script and did the damn thing them selves!!!

It was terrible, As there was no dubbed or translated version the characters mouths moved in time to their Japanese lines, and when I say eairly script I mean really eairly certain things had obviously been changed in the later scripts and the show showed it.

Of course the main reason I'm answering is the Voices right? Oh I've saved the worst for last alright!

Toonami's idea of voice acting has to be heard to be beleived, their ideas to how the characters should sound makes me wonder if they've ever seen DBZ in their lives (real or dubbed) and no mattter what the situation or emotion of the characters where, the tone of voice was always the same - a flat I'm-reading-from-a-script type of voice.

I still can't get over it...

OMG I watched DBZ on Toonami all the time, but I never watched a movie on there...do you know where I can see this?!

kikimm
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah, Resident Evil. I'll play that game, or watch people play that game, just so I can hear that :skull::skull::skull::skull:. So painful. And so yummy.

Old Manus
07-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, Resident Evil. I'll play that game, or watch people play that game, just so I can hear that :skull::skull::skull::skull:. So painful. And so yummy.Tasty.

Bunny
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
So hey guys did you hear Lance Bass voiced Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts? No joke!!

Venom
07-16-2007, 12:12 AM
The english dub of the anime Devilman. The voice acting was hilarious.

Lawr
07-16-2007, 12:22 AM
So hey guys did you hear Lance Bass voiced Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts? No joke!!

I knew that. :rolleyes2 I like his voices better than that nugget in KH2.

daggertrepe
07-16-2007, 02:49 AM
ANY voice actor that sounds like a rapist.

Griff
07-16-2007, 03:22 AM
Its a toss-up between the voice actor who always says "I'm gonna be king of the pirates" and the voice actor who always says "Believe it!"

Vermachtnis
07-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Its a toss-up between the voice actor who always says "I'm gonna be king of the pirates" and the voice actor who always says "Believe it!"

FYI Naruto's VA is a woman and for her first job, she ain't that bad.

Rengori
07-16-2007, 03:26 AM

Believe it, she is.

Shiny
07-16-2007, 03:32 AM

Actually, it was more like, "Stop! Don't. Open. That door!" That guy sucked pretty bad; which is sad because he had a nice voice. And it fit Wesker well. His delivery was just horrible. Resident Evil 1 as a whole just had a bunch of crappy delivery.

Vermachtnis
07-16-2007, 03:34 AM

Believe it, she is.

I don't believe it. Ok it's not the best out there, but it is only her first job and her character is partnered with Yuri Lowenthow's character and that's just not fair.

Lawr
07-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Luffy from One Piece is actually bad sounding not the delivery. It's just so...trash.

Old Manus
07-16-2007, 11:50 AM

Actually, it was more like, "Stop! Don't. Open. That door!" That guy sucked pretty bad; which is sad because he had a nice voice. And it fit Wesker well. His delivery was just horrible. Resident Evil 1 as a whole just had a bunch of crappy delivery.Which is saying something as I never got further than 20 minutes in before getting totally lost, and all I remember was the voice acting.

JKTrix
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Soul Calibur 2/3, Chai Xianghua's English Voice.

Funny because it's Wendee Lee, who is also the voice of Faye Valentine and Haruhi Suzumiya. She's a very hit-or-miss actress.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-17-2007, 02:51 AM

Actually, it was more like, "Stop! Don't. Open. That door!" That guy sucked pretty bad; which is sad because he had a nice voice. And it fit Wesker well. His delivery was just horrible. Resident Evil 1 as a whole just had a bunch of crappy delivery.

Hey! the voice acting was the one thing that kept me peeing in my pants when the game first came out! lol