PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or Wii? Or even POSSIBLY XBOX 360!

Hambone
07-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Okay, my birthday's coming up soon (though not too soon), and my mom and dad say that the Wii looks really cool and if I want, we can get it for my birthday. I do want a Wii, but I also want a PS3, and with the PS3 price drop and such, I may want the PS3 for my birthday instead, and wait for Christmas to get a Wii. My question is: Which one should I get for my birthday, thus ruling out the other one until Christmas?

I want the PS3, but I have yet to see any games that are out for it that I might like. IT LOOKS SO COOL THOUGH! I also want the Wii, though not that badly.

OR, should I get an XBOX 360?

XxSephirothxX
07-14-2007, 05:29 AM
In my opinion, if you want the maximum number of quality games by the end of this year, the 360 wins overwhelmingly, with the Wii coming in second and the PS3 trailing in 3rd place. But it depends on what kind of games you really like.

And I'm too lazy to copy/paste an extensive list of games, since most people usually just make up their own minds anyway. You can find one on IGN or Gamespot or Wikipedia easily, I'm sure.

Seriously, though: Halo, Bioshock, Mass Effect, GTA IV, Blue Dragon, Assassin's Creed, and Lost Odyssey for the 360 versus Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Melee, etc. for the Wii. The PS3 has some good stuff too, just not nearly as much imo.

Northcrest
07-14-2007, 05:52 AM
I will go to your house and shoot u if u get a 360. I would get a Wii because who knows the amount of Wiis might shoot up and break down again during winter. The PS3 you should get for Christmas because there is a bunch of those still around and you have time to buy it all so don't worry.

Fonzie
07-14-2007, 05:56 AM
I will go to your house and shoot u if u get a 360. I would get a Wii because who knows the amount of Wiis might shoot up and break down again during winter. The PS3 you should get for Christmas because there is a bunch of those still around and you have time to buy it all so don't worry.

Why is the 360 terrible? Give me a reason besides that they have a chance of breaking.

Northcrest
07-14-2007, 05:57 AM

Why is the 360 terrible? Give me a reason besides that they have a chance of breaking.

There aren't any good games for the 360 what is there to love about it.

Fonzie
07-14-2007, 06:03 AM

There aren't any good games for the 360 what is there to love about it.

In my opinion, if you want the maximum number of quality games by the end of this year, the 360 wins overwhelmingly, with the Wii coming in second and the PS3 trailing in 3rd place. But it depends on what kind of games you really like.

And I'm too lazy to copy/paste an extensive list of games, since most people usually just make up their own minds anyway. You can find one on IGN or Gamespot or Wikipedia easily, I'm sure.

Seriously, though: Halo, Bioshock, Mass Effect, GTA IV, Blue Dragon, Assassin's Creed, and Lost Odyssey for the 360 versus Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Melee, etc. for the Wii. The PS3 has some good stuff too, just not nearly as much imo.

Also, Devil May Cry 4, Fable 2, Oblivion, Gears of War. The list goes on. So far, the game list for the PS3 isn't doing so great.

Roto13
07-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Your own poll says you want a PS3 the most. Why even bother asking?

Personally, I'd go for the Wii.

Hambone
07-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Because I really do want your opinion and it does influence my opinion. :) That's why, my friend.

Yamaneko
07-14-2007, 08:02 AM
...versus Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Melee, etc. for the Wii.
No need for an et cetera to qualify anything. Those are the only good games on that system in the foreseeable future. Seriously, there's nothing on Wii for gamers. Get either a PS3 or 360, you'll be happier.

Croyles
07-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I say go for the PS3 - give it the loving it deserves.
People cant seem to grasp the fact that the PS3 is getting a wicked line up of games this year. People seem to also keep forgetting that GTA IV, Assassins Creed, Oblivion (it runs better on the PS3) and Devil May Cry 4 are all multiplatform games. It really annoys me when people sprout ignorant crap like that.

PS3 has these exclusives:
Lair
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Haze
Unreal Tournament 3 (Its exclusive for PC/PS3 this year)
Ratchet and Clank

Then great multiplatforms like Assassins Creed and GTAIV.

Here are just a few next year games:
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
White Knight Story
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Echochrome

and im definitely forgetting a lot here.

Slothy
07-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, I was going to say exactly what Croyles said but he beat me to it. I suppose I'll just add that Haze is a timed exclusive like UT3, and add some games to his list that he missed.

Coming out this year:
Ratchet & Clank
SOCOM: Confrontation

Next year:
The Agency
Gran Turismo 5
Jak & Daxter
Teken 6

Of course all of those are exclusive too. And people still like to say the PS3 has no games?

Croyles
07-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Damn I cant believe I forgot those. But I didnt forget Ratchet, im really looking forward to that.

KentaRawr!
07-14-2007, 02:50 PM
As I don't have an X-Box 360 or PS3 as of yet (though I DO want them quite a bit), I can't really speak for those systems at all. I will say that the Wii doesn't really have as many hard-core games as one would like, but is still a fun system. Some games I'd recommend looking into are The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (if you don't have the GCN version, obviously), and WarioWare: Smooth Moves. Metroid Prime 3 is also coming out soon, which is looking quite good.

But, obviously, you seem to want a PS3. I'd say listen to your heart, as the last time I listened to someone else in terms of games, I was sadly disappointed. >_> That's why whenever I make a poll, I completely ignore it.

Nifleheim7
07-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Neither one.
Wait a year or more,and then decide for yourself.

Dreddz
07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
If you want to be swamped with great games from the get go, a 360 would be in order. If you want to look in the long term, I'd say the 360 and PS3 are tied. The 360 is edging out this year but next year the PS3 will be packing a real punch on the games front. If your already feeling the PS3 then I'd say thats the system for you.

If you feel like raising your IQ one point and maybe losing a pound then get a Wii.

Timerk
07-15-2007, 02:09 AM
I bought a PS3 because I was so scared of getting a 360 and having it break on me.

Proxy
07-16-2007, 06:49 AM
The Wii is fun, if thats what you're going for.
If you're going for a console that will have an impressive game collection, get the PS3.
If you want a console with great games right now, get a 360.
I personally won't be getting a 360, I own a Wii, and will be purchasing a PS3 soonish.