PDA

View Full Version : Kinda part of my raft draft for an MMORPG based on Hogwarts and the Wizarding world~

Markus. D
07-14-2007, 09:36 AM
haven't done to much so far, various sources used for the spell names/descriptions. I know for a fact that there is probably MANY typos and grammar mistakes I have made -_-;... oh well, enjoy~ and am still figuring out everything ^^;

Spell List (Profession Learned spells are not included yet)
Spells: Basically your way of getting around in the world and getting out of tight situations through combat. Since this is a rough draft there is no listing of SP consumption cost, Available School year/time of learning.

Core [Basic, Support, Shared]
Accio – Used to summon items from your preparations section of your Item Storage and also functions as a spell that can warp some types of objects within range.
Alohomora – Used to open and unlock doors.
Aparecium – This spell can reveal invisible items.
Deletetrius – Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students learn this, rids of magical after-effects (Dispel a foe targets buff).
Dissendium – Causes the statue of the humpbacked witch hiding the secret passage to Honeydukes.
Expelliarmus – Attempts to disarm a target’s wielded weapon/s, Chance to make target fly back.
Ferula – Shared between Gryffindor and Slytherin, Extends parties endurance (HP +5%) when used by Gryffindor students, Extends own endurance (HP +20%) when used by Slytherin students.
Flagrate – Shared between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, Leaves marks pointing toward locations interest on your map.
Impervius – Shared between all houses, Gryffindor and Slytherin guard against 2 physical attacks whilst Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw guard against 2 ranged attacks, Impervious instantly negates when the caster is hit by a spell.
Legilimens – Once this spell reaches into the enemies mind both caster and enemy are halted for a limited time, any sudden interruption toward any of them negates this.
Lumos – Shared by Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff casters have a bright lite emit from their wand (Lighting otherwise dark place, being useful in night and lightless situations), Ravenclaw casters project a temporary large flame that can cause the next enemy who attacks the caster to burn.
Lumos Maxima – A more powerful version of Lumos.
Pack – Auto-arranges items in inventory and storage (when near to your house’s item bank)
Peskipiksi Pesternomi – Demoralises Pixie type monsters.
Point Me - The Four-Point Spell causes the caster's wand tip to point to the north cardinal point, acting like a compass.
Prior Incantato – Can be learned by all houses but Gryffindor, Uses the last spell (even if it is still recharging) at half the SP cost but at half the ability, as it would be normally.
Protego – Causes spells up to a moderate level to be deflected upon the caster (Does not include charms).
Reparo – Repairs the caster’s broken equipment (Does not work if the wand has broken… as there would be no wand to cast it from).
Scourgify – Cleans something that would otherwise be dirty.
Sectumsempra – Is learned by Gryffindor and Slytherin, Disarms and damages target foe.
Sonorus – Shouts to all non-instance rooms within certain locations, allows everyone to hear what you are saying, can be cast every 5 minutes, can only be used at day time.
Stupify – Can be learned by all houses but Hufflepuff, Stuns and knocks back target foe.
Carpe Retractum – Pulls caster to certain objects or vise-versa, effective way to travel across cliffs and the like.
Flipendo – The first spell you will learn, does minor damage, pushes some objects back and sometime activates interactive features out of reach.
Depulso – A more advanced version of Flipendo, All houses but Hufflepuff will learn this.
Informus – Scans monster for information and places it in the Folio Bruti for further research.
Vipera Evanesca – Deals heavy damage to a snake type creatures.

Depending on what house you choose when in the sorting hat section of character creation, you are given the choice of choosing 1 of four houses… these will effect what lessons you will learn and when and your overall starting statistics.

Gryffindor, symbolized by the lion, characterised by valour and courage, founded by Godric Gryffindor
Diffindo – Deals Non-Elemental damage to a target foe that can also sever some materials.
Diffindomnis – Deals Non-Elemental damage to target foe and adjacent foes, has no other uses.
Expecto Patronum – Conjures a Witch or Wizard’s innermost positive emotions to act as a protector, raises own defensive stat, chance repel enemy when you are attacked, cannot cast any spells or your knockdown jinx while the Patronus charm is active.
Impedimenta – Causes the foe to suffer from a sudden knockdown.
Muffliato – Causes target foe to lose the ability to hearing range to die way down, Rate of aggro down 60%.
Oppugno – Causes target foe to focus attacking the caster of this spell (Is broken by over-provoking from other casters)
Araniae Exhumai – An effective damage spell towards spiders.
Ascendio – Propels caster of the spell upwards (Useful for high jumping and getting into well-hidden areas).
Bombarda – Casts a non-elemental small explosion that damages all foes caught in target area.
Bombarda Examae – A more potent version of Bombarda.
Mimble Wimble – Makes opponent stutter, giving them a 30% spell incantation fail chance.

Hufflepuff, symbolized by the badger, characterised by loyalty and a hard work ethic, founded by Helga Hufflepuff.
Anapneo – Casts a spell that can clear a friendly target’s Suffocation status.
Ennervate – Casts a spell that can clear a friendly target’s Sleep/Stunned status, Counters Stupify.
Episkey – Spell that heals minor wounds (HP recovery)
Episkomnis – Spell that heals minor wounds for all ally in spell area (HP recovery)
Liberacorpus – Cure friendly target’s inability to move.
Nox – Turns out the light of Lumos
Silencio – Silences target area, foes caught within have a chance to temporarily be unable to cast spells.
Allegra – Casts a spell that gives a friendly target quickened incantation and hasted movement.
Allegromnis – Casts a spell that gives all ally in spell area quickened incantation and hasted movement.
Braquiam Emendo – Saves target friendly ally from Deep wound.
Lumos Duo – A different version of Lumos that slowly damages some enemies and can light crystals, also shares the same effects of an average Hufflepuff Lumos.
Lumos Solem – A highly advanced version of the Lumos Duo spell.

Ravenclaw, symbolized by the eagle, characterised by wit and intellect, founded by Rowena Ravenclaw.
Aguamenti – Produces a jet of water from the witch or wizard’s wand, versatile spell that deals damage to target-foe and can put out fires (also has a chance to cause Suffocation).
Glacius – Emits a wave of cold air that has a chance to freeze any foe that enters it.
Incendio – Produces fire in the form of blue flames, target foe may burn when hit with this, can also light fire catalysts like a fireplace or torch.
Lacarnum Inflamarae – Shoots a ball of fire that explodes on impact dealing fire damage to enemies in crowds.
Patrificus Totalus – High chance of freezing a target temporarily and/or knocking it down.
Ventus – Expels a condensed blast of wind from the caster’s wand. Foes caught within Ventus’s beam-like radius will be dealt wind damage and may be knocked back.
Mucus Adnauseam – Gives target foe poison, victim suffers damage over time and casts spells at 75% of the normal speed.

Slytherin, symbolized by the serpent, characterised by ambition and cunning, founded by Salazar Slytherin.
Colloportus – Does severe damage Mimic type monsters that have a lock and has a chance to give them a temporary “lock” status.
Sistem Aperio – Does all the above effects of Colloportus, Opens any normal chest without the need of key.
Confundus Charm – Causes the status of confusion to a target foe.
Fumos – Create a veil of smoke making the caster invisible temporarily.
Incarcerous – Ties target foe in a rope-esque imprisonment allowing them not to move until they escape.
Quietus – Silences Target foe from casting spells temporarily; Silence is broken by next spell that hits the inflicted foe.
Rictusempra – Takes target-foe’s threat off of the caster (-25% Provoke level).
Serpensortia – Conjures a snake from the casters wand that will temporarily wander around the target auto-attacking any foe that comes into range, may cause poison to be inflicted, advanced casters of this spell have been known to conjure multiple snakes.
Note: Snakes can be damaged heavily by Vipera Evanesca.
Aresto Momentum – Slows target’s attack speed temporarily.
Everte Statum – Target foe is blasted off its feet and knocked back quite far.

When you graduate from Hogwarts you are let into the real Wizarding/Witcrafting world of Earth. You may choose some professions that will determine what spells you will be further taught to advance in (and maybe even learn spells you were never taught), your alliance with different factions and the missions you will be asked to carry out. Etc etc and that’s what I have done so far…

edit: I should probably split up the core spells into different categories to make it less cluttered.

Tasura
07-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Your first typo is in the title =D

And do you even realize how much time/effort/money it takes to make an MMO, let alone keep it alive?

If you ever get this to exist, I'd probably play it, if it was free. Though in all honesty, I doubt you'll get it going.

Markus. D
07-14-2007, 12:48 PM
xD Raft...

I was thinking of draft at the same time -_-;

And nah, not get it going.

Just as something to pointlessly work on when I get really really bored.

edit: and ovcourse I know, I live off of MMO gaming.
edit edit: xD! Raft! what a silly typo ._.~

Kanshisha
07-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, i'd play it if it was made.. but yeah, it would cost alot..

Momiji
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I would so play this if it was made.

But I think you should implement a job class idea (I'm basing most of this from Ragnarok Online, but I know you play that, so you should understand, Tsu.) You know, like a class based mostly on healing spells, one based on status-effect spells, one based on attack/crowd control spells, one based on buffing spells, or a combination of a few at a time.

And let's hope there's no MP stat in this, seeing that every spell would use some up! xD

Tasura
07-14-2007, 09:29 PM

But I think you should implement a job class idea (I'm basing most of this from Ragnarok Online, but I know you play that, so you should understand, Tsu.) You know, like a class based mostly on healing spells, one based on status-effect spells, one based on attack/crowd control spells, one based on buffing spells, or a combination of a few at a time.

And let's hope there's no MP stat in this, seeing that every spell would use some up! xD

I think, from what I understand him saying, that your spells would be somewhat based on the house you belong too, and further more on what 'course' your in, like Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, and that kind.

And as for MP, without MP the game would be too unbalanced, being able to cast spells without limit, imagine RO without MP, Champions would be running around destroying everything.

Momiji
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM

I think, from what I understand him saying, that your spells would be somewhat based on the house you belong too, and further more on what 'course' your in, like Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination, and that kind.

And as for MP, without MP the game would be too unbalanced, being able to cast spells without limit, imagine RO without MP, Champions would be running around destroying everything.

I hate champions. Scholars/Professors for me please. (Double Cast+ Instant Cast + Frost Diver + Lightning Bolt = <3)

But anyway, you'll either have to implement either physical attacks or MP-Free spells.

Tasura
07-15-2007, 05:07 AM

I hate champions. Scholars/Professors for me please. (Double Cast+ Instant Cast + Frost Diver + Lightning Bolt = <3)

But anyway, you'll either have to implement either physical attacks or MP-Free spells.

I prefer a High Wizard with huge dex and insta-casting LoV or Storm Gust.

If the spells were MP free they'd have to be very weak, otherwise you could nuke the field every few seconds without needing an MP potion.