PDA

View Full Version : Which episode of Phantasy Star Online was best?

KentaRawr!
07-14-2007, 06:33 PM
So, as the title states, which episode of Phantasy Star Online do you feel is the best one?

ljkkjlcm9
07-14-2007, 06:52 PM
the first/second combination

but either way PSU wins

THE JACKEL

Dreddz
07-14-2007, 11:46 PM
1 was the best. 2 is still worth playing though. I never bothered with 3, a card game would bore me to death.

but either way PSU wins

THE JACKAL

Get your head checked.

ljkkjlcm9
07-15-2007, 01:13 AM
but either way PSU wins

THE JACKAL

Get your head checked.

and you obviously haven't played PSU lately

THE JACKEL

Namelessfengir
07-15-2007, 01:19 AM
the first? or the last? somewhere in between? i never saw it

Dreddz
07-15-2007, 01:09 PM
but either way PSU wins

THE JACKAL

Get your head checked.

THE JACKAL

Your right, I havent. I got it at Christmas and got bored of the game within a week.

Markus. D
07-15-2007, 06:50 PM
but either way PSU wins

THE JACKAL

Get your head checked.

THE JACKAL

Your right, I havent. I got it at Christmas and got bored of the game within a week.

xD the online mode far exceeds the offline these days. :]... I still prefer other online games but PSUO is spectacular.

Dreddz
07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
It really wasnt. How can you justify the monthly fee when they changed so little. They somehow made the gameplay even more repetative, focused too much on giving the game a good story, which ultimately they failed at. I still have nightmares over the voice acting. The games music was also dull.

I enjoyed PSO back in its day, but I had had enough after a few years and felt PSU was just a rehash. Asking me whether I want to pay to play PSU online is like asking me whether I'd like to pay to play PSO online again. The answer to that is no. Even then, PSU online just didnt have the spark that PSO did. And people nowadays are far less fun to play online with than back in the Dreamcast era.

KentaRawr!
07-15-2007, 10:48 PM
The battle system itself was a rehash, but it had a different feel to me than PSO. Mostly because in PSO, it was much more simple. In this there's the type of thing that I greatly disliked in FFXI: Planning for the future. You couldn't just go do something, and you couldn't just go to a certain area. The act of finding weapons became a chore with the inclusion of so many things the game didn't need, like opening a shop. Plus, the level design was only good in a few levels. It was mostly just huge fields, Episode 4 style. It was horrid. >=/