PDA

View Full Version : I'm jealous 'cause your just like me!

Avarice-ness
07-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Kind of like the title says. xD

Anyways, I had a friend in High School that I was in the Varsity choirs with and she was like my opposite, she was the crazy high soprano and I was the crazy low alto, and I was rummaging through my friend things on facebook and she made a myspace page.

Needless to say, she went to berkley and ended up in LA in the studio's.

I'm jealous! But alas, I didn't nuture my talent and take it as far as she did, it's times like this when I want to go to my orientation for school and be all "I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE MY MAJOR TO MUSIC" but that's irrational. xD Ohh music, my one true passion.

ANYWAYS! So how easily can you get jealous of people? Why do you get jealous? Do you get jealous of people who were your good friends who had the same abilities but nuture'd them? I DO.

Moral of the story, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JEALOUSY! AND HOW EASY IT IS FOR YOU TO BE JEALOUS! :razz:

Vikeve
07-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Hah, something sort of like that happened to me. When my friend and I took chorus together we were probably equals back then but I stopped singing for two years to take some other class and she got way better than me. She has probably one of the best voices in the whole school now and she does a lot of solos. I'm more in awe of her voice than anything else though. She is way more into singing then I am.

When I see the talents of others I can get envious but then I remember what an amazing person I am and move on. This sounds cheesy but when I see the talents of my friend it usual inpires me to do better 'cept when I do better I rub it in there faces. Look whose in the honor roll now bitches!

Avarice-ness
07-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Hah, something sort of like that happened to me. When my friend and I took chorus together we were probably equals back then but I stopped singing for two years to take some other class and she got way better than me. She has probably one of the best voices in the whole school now and she does a lot of solos. I'm more in awe of her voice than anything else though. She is way more into singing then I am.

When I see the talents of others I can get envious but then I remember what an amazing person I am and move on. This sounds cheesy but when I see the talents of my friend it usual inpires me to do better 'cept when I do better I rub it in there faces. Look whose in the honor roll now bitches!

Yeah me and her were equals just on the oppostite sides of the vocal ranges. xD But yeah I know how that is, it makes me wonder if I'm always going to let things like stage fright hold me back and if I'll ever actually go after my dreams. Ironically though, it's almost as if I have someone to aspire to be like knowing that I was just like her, but hey, what ever, she still sucks. xD

Timerk
07-15-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm jealous of anyone who can be a mayor and barroom stripper at the same time.

daggertrepe
07-15-2007, 01:34 AM
At school I would be jealous of singers competing. Now I know they can't live up to my voice.

~*~Celes~*~
07-15-2007, 01:49 AM
There's this one girl at my school who is always one step ahead of me-no joke. Just one step. We're both only in one honors class (English), we're both in band, we both like to sing, we both have our groups of friends in band class. Differences: She's in choir, I sing on my own. She has the popular people as friends (minority group) while I'm friends with the less popular kids (majority group). She's a total two-faced bitch, I'm the girl who's nice to everyone no matter how badly I'm treated. She flaunts her talent to everyone like an attention whore, I keep my talents on the down-low because I don't like being put in the spot light. She tries to sugar-coat her words and get me to be her friend, I see her true intentions and shy away even further (She called me fat behind my back, not knowing I was right there.) I have a boyfriend who loves me, she's single 'cause of her bitchy nature. She has great charisma and is outspoken, I'm quiet and can't get up in front of people and speak.

The thing is, in the end, I'm better than her because of my personality. Where she gets mad because her ex (whom she's remained friends with) won't make the English project look exactly how she wants, I find a way to include everyone's ideas into everything. Where she has the most rotten attitude around when things don't go her way, I laugh about it and move on. She is an extremely jealous, bossy, clingy, and whiny girl (even my mom agrees, she's seen her in action) where I'm...well, not.

So I guess she may be one step ahead of me in some things, but in personality, I'm always five steps ahead of her ;) Which tells me, there's no reason for me to be jealous of her.

In general though, I'm not that jealous. I just look at it this way: they may be good, but I'm better, because I'm me, and no one else can be me. They all have carbon copies, which makes them appear better, but in reality, being unique is more in style :exdee:

Jojee
07-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I don`t get jealous often. I think it`s great that people can be great at singing or whatever that I have no aptitude for whatsoever. I`d love to be great at singing and others but hey, you excel at some things and suck at other things, that`s life. If I do see something that I would like to do well that someone else is really good at, I don`t get jealous at them but inspired by ^-^

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2007, 01:39 PM
When someone younger than me, even by just a few weeks or days beats me at something i get jealous.

Rye
07-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Varsity Choir? I want to hear more about that. We have an Honors Choir in my school, but I dunno if that's the same as varsity, just another name or what.

I get jealous of people sometimes. Not so much in choir anymore, because now I'm the best soprano in the choir. There's a girl or two in the choir who are much better pop singers, but I don't sing pop, I sing classical and opera (sometimes I like to sing jazzy things!) and choir style pieces, and I know I'm the best in the choir at that. I'm a soprano 1. :]

In Art, I'm one of the best in the class, so I don't really get jealous of that. Besides, all my friends and I are going into AP Art, so I don't really get jealous of my friends. In other subjects, I'm usually one of the best/the best in the class. Except for Math, which I will never be good at.

The only thing I really get jealous of is SAT scores. :[

Resha
07-15-2007, 02:15 PM
I do like to get good grades, but I don't really know about being the best anymore. Being the best today doesn't really mean you'll be the best tomorrow, or that you were ever really the best at all; what if you were just lucky? I just want to be able to achieve whatever it is I want.

And my friends all have a variety of qualities, which I admire a lot. One of my friends is a pro guitarist, another an amazing artist and costume designer, and another the most open, friendly, extroverted person ever -- I'm not any of these things, and sometimes I do wish I was a bit more like them, maybe more dedicated, more talented, more open? But like Joj' said, some things I have no aptitude for xD

But I wouldn't call it jealousy, because I see jealousy as trying to actively bring someone down, and that's not how it is.