PDA

View Full Version : OMG im so proud!!!

cloud21zidane16
07-15-2007, 02:35 AM
So what is your greatest accomplishment ever in a final fantasy?
What task did you complete where you sat back and thought yeah........i did it......I DID IT!!!:D :D :D
Was it a boss,sidequest or just completing the game:)

Lawr
07-15-2007, 02:38 AM
I beat Zodiark yesterday.

Dr. Acula
07-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Hmm.... probably getting Bahamut and Eden in FF8. It took me forever. Then (because I got Eden from Ulti's castle) I went and defeated Ultima weapon for no reason. I was pretty proud of that.

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Finishing FFX-2 was one of my accomplishments, and unfortunately I've lost that memory card so I need to play through it again as well as FFX (shudders...):(

Having Ramza master every job class in Tactics and completeling everything was quite rewarding as well in my Tactics file.

My future goal is to finally acquire a pink tail in FFIV, finally leveling up my entire party in FFVI to 99 as well as acquiring every Lore, item, and Rage. Master every job class in FFV, collect every materia in FFVII (damn you sneak attack materia:mad2: ), and acquiring every card and limit break in in FFVIII. I could probably think of a few others as well...

The Ceej
07-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Last time, I played Final Fantasy IV (it was the HardType version), I beat Evil Wall at twenty levels underlevel and the battle speed maxed out. I didn't even know the battle speed was maxed out at the time. I didn't find out till I got to Bahamut and he was counting way too fast. I said to myself, "Ceej, I could have sworn I turned the battle speed all the way down." When I checked the battle speed, I had turned it all the way up. So yeah. Apparently from everything I've read, what I did was impossible. So, my greatest Final Fantasy accomplishment was doing the impossible.

Northcrest
07-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Killing Hell Wyrm in FFXII took me about an hour then getting KotR made me feel great to get in FFVII especially since I got more into Chocobo Racing alot more.

Nifleheim7
07-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Beating Penance for the first time.

Tallulah
07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I think beating FFX-2 without killing myself (for real, not in the game!) is something of an achievement. :p

Seriously, I was very proud to beat Ozma, at long range (I missed a lot of the Friendly Creatures), in FFIX. It was an extra memorable day for me as well, because it was also the same day my friend's eldest, Taylor, was born. ^_^

FFVIII was also very challenging for me. On my first play through I found I wasn't strong enough to defeat Adel and Rinoa kept dying on me (oh well...) Worse still I only had one save block (the rest of my card was full) and I couldn't level up as all the monsters offered little EXP, and I couldn't get out of the Lunatic Pandora (Quistis kept whining: 'We can't leave without Rinoa!!!!' or something). So I had to start over. This time I levelled up and put suitable Junctions on Str.

Also, killing Ultimecia was a big deal for me, as it took me ages to get the strategy right. I thank the wonderful Piggyback guide for that. :)

Namelessfengir
07-18-2007, 03:06 AM
this isn't in ff related but im kinda proud that it took me six shots to figure out that i was shooting at a clump of grass!!!!
explanation:
out by the fence theres a new woodchuck hole with two stupid chucks
i decided to shoot them using a 22.
turns out i cant hit :skull::skull::skull::skull: but it didn't really matter because they didn't notice the bullets raining down on them.
that night i thing i see one out again so i shoot 6 times and wonder why it aint moving i go get the binocs and see its a damn clump of tall grass.
so now im gonna get abigger gun

Obsidian
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I somehow wandered through and beat FFVI when I was 9 and could only grasp about a quater of the game's play mechanics.

Laddy
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
In FFIX, I got everyone to lvl 99 and had them learn every skill and master everything in-game.

Kuroshima
07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Getting Ramza and his generic team of Samurais master everything and leveling to max.

Vermachtnis
07-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Maxing every job for Reina in FFv and getting her to LV99. I eventually did it with everyone, but she was first.

scrumpleberry
07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
The first time I evah finished a FF game. Can't remember which or when, but I was a bit dazed, and then I squealed and started manical laughter as the credits rolled down. Doesn't seem like a huge accomplishment, but I was very happy. :greenie:

It was I or IV, can't remember which.

f f freak
07-18-2007, 10:06 PM
The time I went crazy and went on a levelling spree to get Young Rydia insanely high levelled. I got bored but I got her up to 25. I was happy with that.

Pete for President
07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Beating all the dark aeons melee. :moomba:

Finola
07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
When i managed to play x-2 till 12 hours (i think *hmm*) and i need to face ixion. I just thought damn, this games sucks and i haven't played it since. Which is about three years ago (or two?). Maybe i should give it another try, huh. But yeah, I'm proud that i actually played it there.
Can't think any other proud moment.

Bolivar
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Recently I got Bahamut in FFV. far from a challenge in FF but i died the first few times i went up there and didn't even bother my first playthrough.

Beating VII was a big deal for me. Really wanted to see how it all ends, same with the rest of the main series, but not nearly as much.

Beating VIII was also big because it was like 5th/6th attempt, the other times I either got stuck or said "screw it, this game is gay". My opinion is completely reversed now though.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Alright I remember an odd achievment I did before that shows I am way too bored for my own good... In the Official Bradygames guide for FFVII, they have a picture of Cloud using Meteorain on Rufus when they battle in the beginning of the game. Now I know that most likely, the writers of the guide had a debug room that allowed them to use whatever they felt like. I on the other hand took it as a personal challenge to get Cloud up to that level.

I succeeded and horribly broke the game with my overleveled party of doom that waltzed out of Midgard. :D

I don't really consider this an achievement but rather an example of how I have too much free time and lack of a social life. I have since tried to find better ways to use my time for more productive activities.

.Arc
07-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Getting a 34 chained quickening in FFXII. My thumbs hurt (·__.)

demondude
07-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I managed to play final fantasy x-2 for more then 5 minutes.

Galvatron
07-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I wizzed through the final battle in FFVI using only Celes and Sabin a few hours ago.

Croyles
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Even though I was dissapointed with x-2, I still felt the need to get 100%. What I was really proud of however was beating that dungeon with a 100 (or was it 200?) floors, cant remember what it was called.

Hambone
07-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Even though I was dissapointed with x-2, I still felt the need to get 100%. What I was really proud of however was beating that dungeon with a 100 (or was it 200?) floors, cant remember what it was called.

(It has 100, it's called Via Infinito :))

That's mine as well.

Renmiri
07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Getting all the Dresspheres completely leveled up including Alchemist and Mascot (free ethers and Ribbon) :love:

silentenigma
07-22-2007, 03:28 AM
beating FFIII, oldschool version.

Dr. Acula
07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
My future goal is to finally acquire a pink tail in FFIV, finally leveling up my entire party in FFVI to 99 as well as acquiring every Lore, item, and Rage. Master every job class in FFV, collect every materia in FFVII (damn you sneak attack materia:mad2: ), and acquiring every card and limit break in in FFVIII. I could probably think of a few others as well...

My brother has done all of the above except for mastering every job class in FFV and getting every lore and rage in FF6.
I've done none of the above except mastering every job class in FFV. That was quite an achievement, but I finished FFV ages ago so I forgot about it.

Nominus Experse
07-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Soloing Ultima Weapon in FFVIII with the speed cranked.

WITHOUT USING ZELL OR SQUALL OR SUMMONS.

Goldenboko
07-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Being better then PuPu at FFVIII :tongue:

PuPu
07-24-2007, 06:09 AM
These are some of my accomplishments that I am very proud of.

I beat Gogo in FFV (Anthology) by reducing his HP to 0. My characters were about level 45.

I beat Omega Weapon in FFVIII before he was able to use his 4th attack. Didn't even need a Holy War/Invincible Moon. :p

I beat Ozma with a party average level of about 55.

I beat The Undying with a party average level of about 45 and beat Zodiark with an average level of 65. This was all done on Active on my first playthrough.

And finally, being better than Goldenboko at FF, otherwise he would have never beaten VI,VII,VIII,or IX.

Soloing Ultima Weapon in FFVIII with the speed cranked.

WITHOUT USING ZELL OR SQUALL OR SUMMONS.
But wouldn't Light Pillar kill you in one hit? How did you do it; did you use a Hero/Holy War/Invincible Moon or The End? Maybe Irvine's Shot or Rinoa's Wishing Star?

Goldenboko
07-24-2007, 06:25 AM
And finally, being better than Goldenboko at FF, otherwise he would have never beaten VI,VII,VIII,or IX.

I was better then you at VIII :mad2:

SeeDRankLou
07-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Three words:

One Thousand Jumps