PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo?

Fonzie
07-15-2007, 06:37 AM
I wanted to get a tattoo, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestion.

I have a couple ideas. A cross, maybe a Cactuar.

Proxy
07-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Cactuar all the way.
Maybe this should be moved to Artist's Forum? seeing as how tattoo's are art.
I should finish mine and scan it in for you guys =o

Rengori
07-15-2007, 06:59 AM
You could get a cactuar on the cross. That would be so much more delightful than a half naked man.

Fonzie
07-15-2007, 07:01 AM
You could get a cactuar on the cross. That would be so much more delightful than a half naked man.

If I got the Cactuar, I'd regret it as I got older. :p

Rengori
07-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Then get it so that it's in a shape you could change it to something else easily.

Nominus Experse
07-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Fuck your future self and its "regret", get the Cactuar. I've always planned on getting this little bugger scribbled on myself.

I'm getting one at some point soon (when there is money to spend...).

eestlinc
07-15-2007, 09:43 AM
don't get anything you won't want in 30 years.

Meat Puppet
07-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Get a tattoo of Gimli—the dwarf from Lord of the Rings—sailing on the back of a Golden Retriever, which is drowning in a sea of men’s underwear.

Or, you get could a cactuar with a Fonz face instead of the regular one.

Jojee
07-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Cloud Strife imo

Rye
07-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Aeris being stabbed on Seph's sword.

I want a tattoo too because I'm bored with life. I want a little one though. I'm thinking like, a spade (from a card) near my ankle.

daggertrepe
07-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Beatrix. :)

Except then she'll get all wrinkly along with you. :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-15-2007, 02:05 PM
If you're going to get something as "cool" as a Cactuar then I'd advise putting it where prying eyes cannot see it

demondude
07-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Have quina on you're forehead. ;)

JackNapier
07-15-2007, 05:00 PM
A Cactuar on one cheek and a Moogle on the other...and I don't mean your face.

Roto13
07-15-2007, 06:08 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/8-zell-c.jpg

Don't get anything you're not 100% sure you're still going to like by the time you're 80. When Giga Guess realizes how gay his Captain Planet summoning circle is, he'll be a bottomless well of regret, for example.

Leeza
07-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I saw a lady yesterday with a tatoo of animal tracks across her chest. It was kind of cool. Not sure what kind of animal it was, but I know it wasn't a cat. :)

Fonzie
07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Cross first, then get whatever the hell else I want. If I get the cactuar, it shall be small, and on my sides of my stomach. I was thinking about tribal on the arm a little, though.

Nominus Experse
07-15-2007, 06:45 PM
It's best to get something you design yourself. in this way, you place much more thought into it, and the tattoo begins to mean much more than simply "that looks nice".

Symbolism and emotional / spiritual / mental ties to tattoos is best also. Basically, make it mean something.

Rocket Edge
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd love to get Zell's tattoo, but i'd never have the balls to do it.

Proxy
07-16-2007, 06:10 AM
I've actually talked to a guy who has a tattoo bigger than Zell's on his face.
He got arrested cause he's in Hell's Angels. But anyway! Yes.
I think you should get the summon Eden from FFVIII on your back. Covering your whole back.

Avarice-ness
07-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Symbolism and emotional / spiritual / mental ties to tattoos is best also. Basically, make it mean something.

I agree with that -very- much. I've got a little tattoo on my left shoulder and basically it's just the symbol for joy, but I am a firm beliver in the "without evil there can be no good" theory, so on my right shoulder, I'll have something to symbolize the opposite of joy and happiness.

I also plan to have the symbol of scorpio with a scorpion on it on my hip prolly, and I want a snake on my back because I do -not- veiw snakes as a purely negative factor in life, I veiw it as a neutral source that can go either way depending on what the snake needs to survive. I associate myself with scorpio since I'm a scorpio and -highly- associate myself with a snake, therefore, just as the scorpio's have black and white positive and negative aspects, so does the snake.

If anything go a theme that you can associate yourself with. I've got mine (without evil there can be no good), and you also have to realize that when you're 80, will you really want an esper on your back. xD Also remember that you may want to put the tattoo in a place that can be covered fairly well, depending on what you want your future career to be and such. I plan to go into the "professional" world but I will have my tattoo's laid out in a manner that can be covered in the "professional" types of clothes, remember that too. I've had about two friends now who are not able to get the jobs of their choice because of tattoo's they've decided to get with out thinking it all the way through. So just be carefull and put alot of thought into it. :razz:

Lynx
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM

I agree with that -very- much. I've got a little tattoo on my left shoulder and basically it's just the symbol for joy, but I am a firm beliver in the "without evil there can be no good" theory, so on my right shoulder, I'll have something to symbolize the opposite of joy and happiness.

thats a cool theme. i want a tattoo but according to family anf friends im not allowed to get tattoo's or motor cycles. and i want both. as for a tattoo i want something small on my back shoulder right or left doesnt matter. i want to design my own. kinda includeing everything im into. but how do i put snowboard/skateboarding/videogames/swords/animals/coca cola/ and so much more into 1 tattoo.

id only ever want one tattoo too many would bother me.

Jojee
07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Cait Sith impaled with a sword on a snowboard with Coca Cola logo imo

ChibiAxel
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Get something like a uh ummmmm sword or something ^w^

Northcrest
07-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Cactuar 100%.

Heath
07-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Just get the Blues Brothers tattooed onto your back and get it over with already.

Fonzie
07-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Just get the Blues Brothers tattooed onto your back and get it over with already.

Might as well get a wish-sandwich.

Rengori
07-17-2007, 05:13 AM
You could get a tatoo of buddy Jesus on your back.

Fonzie
07-17-2007, 05:42 AM

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x72/TheFonz2010/buddy.jpg

Rengori
07-17-2007, 05:45 AM

Yes that.

Fonzie
07-17-2007, 05:45 AM

Yes that.

That's why I posted it.

Bunny
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
My suggestion is do not get a tattoo.

scrumpleberry
07-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Something subtle that suits your personality.

Jess
07-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I say: Don't get a tattoo until you know what you want. Remember you'll be stuck with it for the rest of your life - make sure you're positive first. :jess:

CimminyCricket
07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Get my face tattooed on your back. Or your chest, whatever works.

Chimp
07-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Get a tattoo of a butt with a butt shaped tattoo on it.

Denmark
07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Get a tattoo of a butt with a butt shaped tattoo on it.

on your butt, of course, for the full recursion effect.

Chimp
07-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Good save Denmark, I forgot to add that ;[

ReloadPsi
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I would love some tribal and wirey and liney :skull::skull::skull::skull: down one of my arms. Thing is, do tattoos ever distort with weight loss and gain?

Iceglow
07-19-2007, 09:03 PM
They can do as you stretch the skin or shrink the skin, weight loss afaik is less harmful though SEVERE weight loss can be bad for them, Most will survive getting stretched a little so long as you rub cocoa butter on them religously and get a touch up done as soon as possible (advice given to pregnant women with tatts) I tend to know a little more about these things since I used to be with Twisted Tinkerbell when she got her tatts done and well when waiting on her comming outta the studio I used to talk to the tattoists about stuff generally to do with their work. I also used to read all the information they gave for looking after stuff.

My advice (comming from tattoists themselves) is to have a theme, be it fantasy, tribal, celtic, oriental and stick to it. Don't get a tribal arm and a celtic chest piece it looks messy I was interested in going with 2 quite large fantasy styled pieces one being the phoenix rising from the flames on my arm curling around the shoulder (though I doubt I have the meat/muscle for such a stunning piece) and 2 dragons carved of stone facing each other before the moon each with a different eye colour one to represent the good in me one to represent the bad in me.