PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fanatasy Mini-Game

Northcrest
07-15-2007, 04:50 PM
What is your favorite Final Fantasy mini game from FFVII Chocobo Racing, FFVIII Triple Triad, FFIX Tetra Master, FFX Blitz Ball. I liked doing the Tetra Master because that was the only FF Game that I did the most action in I got really good cards and got all kinds of fun cards.

Bolivar
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
i voted for blitz ball but my favorite's a tossup between snowboarding, submarine missions, and the motorcycle game in FFVII.

Goldenboko
07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Tetra Master=Win

Vermachtnis
07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Blitzball...although Tetra Master is in a very close second.

Goldenboko
07-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Blitzball was too easy. Score one goal, stay on your side. Boom instant win.

The Ceej
07-17-2007, 06:16 AM
How do more people like Tetra Master than Triple Triad? Triple Triad was easy to understand and I got to the point where I could pretty much beat anyone.

Tetra Master's rules were inconsistant and complicated. The cards were not realistic and the way it was played was just...well, it wasn't even a good try. They had a big hit with Triple Triad and tried to up the ante. They failed miserably. There wasn't anything good about Tetra Master.

And at least Triple Triad was completely optional.

NeoCracker
07-17-2007, 06:43 AM
What about the greatest of all FF minigames?

Chocobo Hot and Cold is easily the best.

And as for Card Games, the one in Xenosaga Episode 1 kicked all sorts of ass.

charliepanayi
07-17-2007, 08:13 AM

I second this, it's hugely addictive, I loved playing it in FFIX. Great rewards from Chocographs too.

Out of the ones you mention, I enjoyed Triple Triad most.

cloud21zidane16
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Chocobo hot and cold is very fun and dosent get frustrating easily. From the list though i really enjoyed triple triad

LunarWeaver
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Triple Triad completes me.

Slothy
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
FFVII's Fort Condor.

Goldenboko
07-17-2007, 08:47 PM

Of course I smurfing agree with this! But its not up there :(

EDIT-

How do more people like Tetra Master than Triple Triad? Triple Triad was easy to understand and I got to the point where I could pretty much beat anyone.

You just stated the reason I disliked Triple Triad. When it came down to it, you could crush anyone, easily, as long as random wasn't stated.

LunarWeaver
07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I always win at Tetra Master and I don't even know how to play it. I just throw stuff everywhere and somehow win.

f f freak
07-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Out of those I have to say Tetra Master. It was way more fun then Triple Triad. Triple Triad was too easy. "Oh look my 9 beats your 3". Why don't they just play frickin' top trumps or whatever.

Takara
07-18-2007, 03:22 AM

I second this, it's hugely addictive, I loved playing it in FFIX. Great rewards from Chocographs too.

Out of the ones you mention, I enjoyed Triple Triad most.

They speak the truth. Chocobo Hot & Cold > everything else.

The Ceej
07-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Out of those I have to say Tetra Master. It was way more fun then Triple Triad. Triple Triad was too easy. "Oh look my 9 beats your 3". Why don't they just play frickin' top trumps or whatever.

Stephen Hawking wouldn't even be able to figure out the game of Tetra Master. I'm glad to see Triple Triad is winning now. Why don't you try playing Triple Triad with the following rules in place:

Same/Plus
Elemental
Random
Sudden Death
Same Wall

Presents more of a challenge and you have think when you play. Play with Open and you can see theirs but they can see yours. The rules are easy to understand, but that doesn't make it easy to play. Though, I have mastered the game, it took me a few games and my own deck of Triple Triad cards. Yeah. The original rules are easy, but add these other rules to make it more fun.

As for Tetra Master, if you can't understand how the game works, how can you enjoy it?

Ouch!
07-18-2007, 05:24 AM
I used to know a guy who tried to explain how Tetra Master works. I was kind of like... "Huh?"

Chocobo Hot and Cold wins all, but from that list, I choose Triple Triad.

f f freak
07-18-2007, 08:30 PM
As for Tetra Master, if you can't understand how the game works, how can you enjoy it?
It's very simple. There are arrows on the cards that point in different directions. You place the cards so the arrows point at other cards. There are also numbers on the cards that correspond to HP and defenses. For more info on the numbers go to Dali.

I too have mastered Triple Triad. It's still very easy. There is only one rule that is difficult and that is random.

The Ceej
07-18-2007, 08:42 PM
I used to know a guy who tried to explain how Tetra Master works. I was kind of like... "Huh?"

Chocobo Hot and Cold wins all, but from that list, I choose Triple Triad.

The reason you had that reaction is if he really knew how it worked, he'd be able to explain it to you in a way you could understand.

And FF Freak, I get that part. But apparently there are even exceptions that that. I highly doubt you really understand the game. I highly doubt the people who created it understand it. I'm a very intelligent person and if I can't come to understand it over the course of eighty hours, then the problem lies with the game and not with me.

EDIT: If you know what you're doing, you can kick ass with Random in Triple Triad. Even if you got all low cards and they got high cards. Assuming you have some of the other rules already in place.

Bolivar
07-18-2007, 09:35 PM
For the record I gotta say Tetra Master owns Triple Triad. More squares makes for more interesting games. The fact that you can be losing the whole game and then win the entire board (nearly) with your last card is something real amazing to me. Alot of "holy sh*t!" moments if there's people in the room, as if you're playing NBA Live instead of FF, lol. I think i've just never given triple triad a chance, i usually never bother when i'm playing VIII whereas sometimes i get lost in TM challenging everyone int he level in IX.

f f freak
07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
And FF Freak, I get that part. But apparently there are even exceptions that that. I highly doubt you really understand the game. I highly doubt the people who created it understand it. I'm a very intelligent person and if I can't come to understand it over the course of eighty hours, then the problem lies with the game and not with me.
Or the problem could lie with you. You might just not understand the game. I understand it pretty well. Throughout my time playing Tetra Master I've lost three games and drew once. I've won something near to 230 games. So don't go blaming it on the game because you don't understand it.

The Ceej
07-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Well, then. Explain just one thing to me, then. How can I have one card left to play, be winning the game, play a card that supposed to superior with only arrow sides pointing toward other cards and lose every card on the board? It makes absolutely no sense. Only a flawed and ununderstandable game would allow somthing like that to happen.

At least in Triple Triad, the rules are the rules.

f f freak
07-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, then. Explain just one thing to me, then. How can I have one card left to play, be winning the game, play a card that supposed to superior with only arrow sides pointing toward other cards and lose every card on the board? It makes absolutely no sense. Only a flawed and ununderstandable game would allow something like that to happen.

I don't really undertsand what you said. They were pointing towards other cards. Did the other cards have arrows pointing towards the card you placed? If so then a sort of battle ensues. The first card to hit 0 loses and that card falls under your control or their control(Control isn't a good word to use though) If say they had a 3P but you had a 2P that means they have more HP/Attack. I'm fuzzy on the details of what the numbers refer to but the higher they are the better. Then the other two numbers come into play. I believe they refer to defense though I could be wrong on that. I suggest you look in Dali for that as it gives a short description on those numbers. Or you could look online for a better guide. I'm a little fuzzy on the actual details though everything always seemed to work out for me.

Rengori
07-23-2007, 02:45 AM
You left out Chocobo World, that was certainly more fun than any of the ones you listed.

The Ceej
07-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Well, then. Explain just one thing to me, then. How can I have one card left to play, be winning the game, play a card that supposed to superior with only arrow sides pointing toward other cards and lose every card on the board? It makes absolutely no sense. Only a flawed and ununderstandable game would allow something like that to happen.

I don't really undertsand what you said. They were pointing towards other cards. Did the other cards have arrows pointing towards the card you placed? If so then a sort of battle ensues. The first card to hit 0 loses and that card falls under your control or their control(Control isn't a good word to use though) If say they had a 3P but you had a 2P that means they have more HP/Attack. I'm fuzzy on the details of what the numbers refer to but the higher they are the better. Then the other two numbers come into play. I believe they refer to defense though I could be wrong on that. I suggest you look in Dali for that as it gives a short description on those numbers. Or you could look online for a better guide. I'm a little fuzzy on the actual details though everything always seemed to work out for me.

Thank you. You have just proven what I already knew. Even you don't know how it works.

NeoCracker
07-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Here is how Tetra Master Works.
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IX (PS) Tetra Master FAQ by Trifthen (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/9671)

I'd explain it myself, but I am miserable at explaining things.

The problem is there isn't much of an in game explanation like there is Triple Triad.

Slothy
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Thank you. You have just proven what I already knew. Even you don't know how it works.

Or, more likely, they haven't played the game in quite a while and just don't remember exactly how the game works. It was more complicated than Triple Triad, but it was far from incomprehensible.