PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Is it worth it to buy Who Framed Roger Rabbit on DVD? Because it's basically just a bare bones DVD there's no extras at all which is disappointing because the Back to the Future Trilogy box set is loaded with extras.

The Ceej
07-16-2007, 12:42 AM
My copy has two versions of the movie (Enthusiast and Family Friendly) and hours of features. I didn't know there was another version.

DVD is superior to VHS. By a long shot. If you like a movie, it's worth it to get it on DVD. Don't buy it for features. That's a scam. And you shouldn't worry about waiting for HD-DVD or Blu-Ray (HD-DVD will win) versions of this movie because it wasn't shot in HD, so those formats can't possibly make it look any better than it looks on DVD.

Conclusion: If you like the movie, buy the DVD copy of it. I like it. I bought it for the movie, not for the features.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-16-2007, 12:50 AM
I know but special features can complement a good movie because it's interesting to see how these movies are made.

Xander
07-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Roger rabbit is a classic. Get it :love:

ps. depends how much it is, get it from ebay?

Rengori
07-16-2007, 01:43 AM
People watch extra features on DVD?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-16-2007, 03:50 AM
People watch extra features on DVD?

Yes...have you been living in a cave? lol!:)

Namelessfengir
07-16-2007, 04:33 AM
i got it on tape somewhere ill copy it if i got nuthin better to do

as for the dvd to tape issue i prefer tapes to dvd the simple fact is that tapes don't skip
they cant become unbalanced and turn into scrapnel
i can fit more shows on tape then dvd example: stargate professional dvds get between 2 to 4 episodes on a disc i can fit between 8 to 10 on a 6 hour tape
no stupid menus!!! have you seen any of the startrek tos dvds it takes 3 menus just to see the episode!!!
on the flipside i do like getting behind the scenes and bloopers and alternates