PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon

Xander
07-16-2007, 12:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone here plays this, and especially online! It is sooo much fun, forget mmorpgs! This is easier to play quick games, not get TOO addicted, and much funnier.

Step 1. Copy of Worms Armageddon - about £3-5 (sorry UK money I know :p ) Try ebay.

Step 2. GetHamachi to set up a LAN - free download at https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp
(so you can choose who to play with and not just Wormnet :D)

Step 3. Get between 1 and 7 friends also with the game and hamachi!

This game has me laughing sooo much sometimes, especially fun in crate shopping where you have no weapons except ninja rope, and a few other fairly useless things. Crates drop every round so swing around on the ninja rope collecting them :D Try having loads of mines to make it even more challenging.

Share your funniest experiences too :) And if you have any good links to maps or sound effects. I've found it great fun hurting worms with the drill, if you get em in a hole you can do like 40 damage with it :D [/rave]

Odaisé Gaelach
07-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Worm Armageddon = Hell yeah! :D :D :D

*In most high-pitched Scottish accent*
That's pure magic by the way!

Shoeberto
07-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Anytime I played Armageddon, Sudden Death mode started at the start of the game and I hated it :( Worms 2 is my personal fave.

Ultima Shadow
07-16-2007, 01:59 AM
I only have Worms World Party, but if someone wants to play against me online, I guess I can borrow my friend's Worms Armageddon copy. :greenie:

Edit: Also, my funniest Worms experience so far was probably when I played my brother yesterday. We played crates only, too.

The stage is pretty small and there's lots of water. All my brother's worms except one are gathered on a singel small island. I go first. I pick up a crate, and guess what's in it? A Super Banana Bomb! I take out all my brother's worms on the small island with it. My brother only have 1 worm left. My brother's turn: He picks up some crap and a shotgun. He's standing on the head of one of my worms. And my worm is standing on a VERY close to the water.

S= my worm
Z= his worm
W= water
o= ground
T= targeted worm

.....S..................
.....o..............Z...
...SooS..........S..
...oooo..........o....
WWWWWWWWWW

At this point, we both know that he's pretty much screwed. But he fires his shotgun at the two of my worms.

.....T..................
.....o..............Z...
...SooT..........S..
...oooo..........o....
WWWWWWWWWW

Worm 1 drowns.

.....T..................
.....o..............Z...
...Soo............S..
...oooo..........o....
WWWWTWWWWW

Worm 2, drops down on worm 3 and they both drown.

.....o..............Z...
....oo............S..
.Soooo..........o....
SWWWWWWWWW

My turn: I take one step to the left, and my brother's worm drops down and drowns.

.....o..............V.
....oo..........S..V
..oooo..........o.Z..
WWWWWWWWWW

.....o..................
....oo..........S......
..oooo..........o.....
WWWWWWWWWW

We both laughed so hard when that happened. :greenie:

Psychotic
07-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Sitting in my lap is a CD, and upon it is written "Worms Armageddon Hamachi MD games". I still have no idea who the mystery benefactor who sent this to me is. :lovers:

Heath
07-16-2007, 02:58 AM
I've got a copy of Worms on my computer somewhere, but I can't remember if it's World Party or Armageddon. I think it's probably the former but either way, the Worms games are easily up there with the most fun multiplayer games ever.

KH-Cloudy
07-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Lol, anyone want to play this on Wormnet xD. Don't remember if it has to be region or not but I own a copy of Armageddon and World Party too.

ReloadPsi
07-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Only got World Party I'm afraid, which is my favourite either way. I also have two custom voice banks which you can download...