PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Desktops/Wallpapers

Yeargdribble
07-16-2007, 02:28 AM
I've run a dual-monitor set up for about 5 years now and recently purchased 2 22" widescreen monitors. Since so many wallpapers look great on them I'd really like to have a separate wallpaper for each. This is something I've attempted before, but I simply can't find any type of program that allows for this.

Can anyone point me to a program that allows for greater customization of desktops?

rubah
07-16-2007, 02:31 AM
I know a guy that just made a file that was two wallpapers wide and set it as the background :p of course he had his monitors backwards so he had to put them on the wrong sides.

or rather I did, because he made me do it>:[

Endless
07-16-2007, 08:26 AM
If you have a nvidia card, you can set the option in the nview properties to have different backgrounds on each monitor. I suppose an ati card would have some similar feature, but never had one, so I don't know exactly.

XxSephirothxX
07-16-2007, 08:38 AM
ATI's Catalyst Control Center let you have separate desktops for multiple monitors, so you could set different wallpapers for each. So it should work for you with ATI as well. :)

Peegee
07-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I never knew you can just set a different jpg for each screen. What I have been doing for the past few years was create a giant 2880x900 jpg and set it as the background, using 'tile' to make it draw on both.

I'm gonna play around with this setting at home. Thanks :D

Yeargdribble
07-17-2007, 02:58 AM
If you have a nvidia card, you can set the option in the nview properties to have different backgrounds on each monitor. I suppose an ati card would have some similar feature, but never had one, so I don't know exactly.

Thanks. I hadn't even thought to look into this. I feel incredibly shortsighted now.

I'd prefer not to have to make a 3360x1050 wallpaper if possible, but it's always the simplest option. The difficulty in that would come when I want to change my desktops and have to create an all new 3360x1050 background composite.

Peegee
07-18-2007, 01:02 AM
/hijacks thread :P

I have an ATI Radeon X1600 Series card and can't find the option to have multiple, separate desktops. I'm checking online for a guide but just in case I can't find, can somebody give directions?