PDA

View Full Version : "We are the nobodies. Wanna be Somebodies,

Goldenboko
07-16-2007, 02:34 AM
We're dead, We know just who we are."

Do you consider yourself to be a "somebody" or a "nobody" in your workplace/School/College/Kingdom Hearts World/etc.?

I dun really know what category I fall in. Most people in my grade and in other grades seem to know who I am. But whether that makes me a nobody or a somebody I really don't know. I have a decent amount of friends, but only a few very close.

My main problem identifying myself as a nobody or a somebody is I really don't know what it means to be a somebody :tongue:

Psychotic
07-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Whoa, GoBo! Get you and your Marilyn Manson lyrics!

I'm neither a somebody nor a nobody, I'm Psychotic. How do you do?

~*~Celes~*~
07-16-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm my own somebody :) Everyone at school knows who I am but they don't try and get the real me, they just think I'm this quiet, nerdy girl who knows everything. I'm definitely quiet, maybe even a nerd, I don't know. However, I don't know everything. I only read the certain part of the textbook that has the answers when no one else does :)

Araciel
07-16-2007, 02:40 AM
everybody is somebody. nobody is just anybody.

Fonzie
07-16-2007, 02:42 AM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x72/TheFonz2010/noo.jpg

daggertrepe
07-16-2007, 02:43 AM
I just won a local town idol. I get a recording deal! :)

yanis
07-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Everybody knows me as smart-shy guy!!!:cool:

I want to play KH!:cry:

Shiny
07-16-2007, 02:51 AM
This is just a way for you to score brownie points with Leeza. ;)

Somebody. If I weren't, I wouldn't exist.

Brennan
07-16-2007, 03:14 AM
I'm a nobody, I mean, I'm not usually the center of attention (and rarely is), and I don't have too many friends. Y'know?

Griff
07-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I am one of the most hated people on the forums by the FFVII fanboys and the most ignored by everyone else, what does that count as?

StarlightAngel
07-16-2007, 03:29 AM
Eh, no one really knows me. I don't think o_O;

So I'm totally a nobody <s>I get to hang out with Roxas!!</s> D:

Araciel
07-16-2007, 03:32 AM

who the heck was that?!

Nominus Experse
07-16-2007, 03:34 AM
I have sex and draw. Wherever that puts me, I'm not quite certain, nor do I care.

StarlightAngel
07-16-2007, 03:35 AM

who the heck was that?!

I have no idea D:

Proxy
07-16-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm a nobody, I mean, I'm not usually the center of attention (and rarely is), and I don't have too many friends. Y'know?

Just because you don't have many friends doesn't mean that you aren't anyone. They may think the world of you. That makes you a somebody.

I voted myself as a somebody, mainly because I've been told I change peoples lives, and make people smile. Someone actually called me their hero.
People know who I am, and people want to meet me. I get randoms talking to me every now & then.
Sometimes I do feel like a nobody. Today for instance, I wanted to go to the mall, and it was almost like everyone was ignoring me. And didn't wanna talk to me.

Avarice-ness
07-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi2U Mr. Manson!

Nah, I tend to make myself "known" everywhere I go, be it at work or school.

Granted that doesn't mean they actually know who I am, I just want to make my presence clear. If I make friends with everyone then I'll have no enemies until I hate one of them, so I'm always a somebody until I want to be a nobody then I exit stage left and vanish.

Rengori
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Eughh, Marilyn Manson.

Anyway, not yet, but I will soon enough.

Old Manus
07-16-2007, 11:41 AM
You don't know the half of it because you've never been in my shoes and seen it all from my perspective through these cold, glazed eyes. YOU DON'T KNOW. So don't you even CONDESCEND to judge me like every other bastard who has turned against me for being so, so different from the accepted norms they uphold in their dance bars and so-sophisticated social clubs. I am the archetypal outsider, the rebel, the lone underdog and I am the stronger for it. Damn you. With every rejection, you sully my flesh with more scars and only prolong my rebellion by another day, dehumanizing me with every lonely night and as my husk blackens and corrodes, tempting the sweet vengeance upon everyone who has dismissed and rejected me for being myself. You are feeding the demon within.

February the 28th, everything changed ... the final rejection ... cemented in me, an opposition... I do not sit around. I can't afford to be idle - I am always on the move, one step ahead of my enemies because in outdoing them, I surpass myself and their ideas about me. Like you, they see me as a pathetic and childish creature, just because I do not wallow in the shameless materialism that they uphold, fraternize in the sordid cesspools of champagne and flattery, do not correspond to their ideas. And like everyone else, they dismiss me - out of fear and misunderstanding - as a backward misfit. Even my parents are like this - they think their son is violent, emotionally disturbed and needs to see a psychiatrist. Just because I am different - even a simple gesture such as buying someone flowers, you think that's ridiculous and the sign of a deranged mind, don't you all ?

I am adrift. I thought about what you said - I need no-one. I need nothing but myself. Man is a self-made product. I will walk on, alone.

Sergeant Hartman
07-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I will walk on, alone.
:sing: Walk on, through the rain......

Lynx
07-16-2007, 12:06 PM
well most people knew me in highschool. grades above me because of ym brother. and grades below me because a good deal of ym friends were in a grade below me.now that im out of school most highschoolers still know me because of the skatepark and ive met many of them snowboarding. also a lot of peopel seem to knwo me as the person who can supply them with a keg at anytime even though i too am underage and without fake ID.

so maybe im a somebody but i woudlnt consider myself one because i onyl really have like 5 close friends that i care about.

Resha
07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I am adrift. I thought about what you said - I need no-one. I need nothing but myself. Man is a self-made product. I will walk on, alone.

No. NO, Old Manus. NO!!!! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

Hmm. I am somebody. It's open to interpretation, but suffice to say, I exist (like Shiny; we exist!) :p

Bunny
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm a nobody because I don't want to be a somebody.

Goldenboko
07-16-2007, 05:12 PM
This is just a way for you to score brownie points with Leeza. ;)

Would I do that? :spin:

ChibiAxel
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
cuz i wanna like AXEL!!! ^w^ and has anyone noticed that Axel and Reno look pretty much the same? Yeah i think that Axel is Renos nobody.

Fonzie
07-16-2007, 07:46 PM
cuz i wanna like AXEL!!! ^w^ and has anyone noticed that Axel and Reno look pretty much the same? Yeah i think that Axel is Renos nobody.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x72/TheFonz2010/stopplease.gif

Iceglow
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm just me, I'm well known and either loved or hated at work in job number 1 (retail) and I'm well known and either loved or hated in job number 2 (computer game development) on the whole theres a lot more love than hate for me so I guess that makes me a somebody.

Northcrest
07-17-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm just that kid at school that people can bring up a conversation with but not like a true friend.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2007, 02:15 AM
I think I am a somebody. I'm near the top of all my classes, and I'm both outspoken and relatively off the mainstream political thought, so I guess that would get me noticed.

Can't say I'm altogether sure though.

Eiko Guy
07-17-2007, 02:33 AM
i'm an accidental somebody. i try to blend in with the corwd and all but it doesn't always work. A lot of people know me as a funny gay guy though.

Not so popular on eoff. Iat least I don't think so.

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm a nobody, but I think I'm okay with that. Without nobodies, we can't have somebodies.

PuPu
07-17-2007, 10:43 AM
In school, I'm just about as popular as Boko. A somebody I suppose.

At Eoff, I'm practically a nobody.

In KH, I'd be a nobody named Xuppu (yeah, that's a really bad name)

Goldenboko is still a lozer LOLz

and has anyone noticed that Axel and Reno look pretty much the same? Yeah i think that Axel is Renos nobody.

Be glad Tav isn't here to prove you wrong.

No.78
07-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Is this some silly American popularity thing? XD

CloudSquallandZidane
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm somebody at my workplace. I'm the guy who does the work, and takes too many breaks.

scrumpleberry
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I fit the stereotype of a "nobody."

The Unknown Guru
07-18-2007, 02:40 AM
I know people in high places, but that doesn't make me popular. I'm ignored more often than not.

Kuroshima
07-18-2007, 02:40 AM
A nobody.

Ramza Beoulve
07-18-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm a nobody, and a heartless *insert pun here*

Basically, I'm a loner.