PDA

View Full Version : Premium Memberships

WarrenW
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi All,
We're happy to announce that we've finished adding some new features and can now offer premium memberships. Some features include an adless layout, and over 13 new skins to choose from!

For more details, see: http://forums.eyesonff.com/premium.php

The cost is only $8/year, or $25 for a lifetime membership.

Not only is it a great way to show your support for EoFF, you get to play with some exciting new features.
Enjoy!
Warren

Old Manus
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Cheers

Sergeant Hartman
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I'll stick with economy for the moment.

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Just two suggestions, firstly it would help if the premium.php page loaded so people could actually sign up for this service, also fixing the current 2006 style so it works like it used to might convince people better ^_^

Garnie
07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
i might get one but i dont know how much it would cost us brittish people!
clear that up for me and i may be sold

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
About £4 a year or about £12/13 for permanent membership

Rye
07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Fuuun. :]

I already have one though. Maybe I'll buy one when it expires.

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Fuuun. :]

I already have one though. Maybe I'll buy one when it expires.

So they've confirmed anyone who has paid for increased PM space automatically gets upgraded to a Premium Account?

Garnie
07-16-2007, 01:21 PM

maybee could they make that a little clearer! i think ill defently get one!

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM

maybee could they make that a little clearer! i think ill defently get one!

It only takes a min to put it through a currency converter xD

WarrenW
07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Yup, that sounds about right.

Yes, all current PM upgraded subscribers has been upgraded to premium member status.

WarrenW
07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Just two suggestions, firstly it would help if the premium.php page loaded so people could actually sign up for this service, also fixing the current 2006 style so it works like it used to might convince people better ^_^

Hmmm, as far as I can tell, it seems to work correctly right now. Can you try again?

Garnie
07-16-2007, 01:27 PM
will the sign up page for the membership be fixed soon?
it keeps flikering when i click on it

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Hmmm, as far as I can tell, it seems to work correctly right now. Can you try again?

Still getting it in Firefox, I'll try IE7 now.

Edit: It loads more of the page but still keeps refreshing constantly.

WarrenW
07-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Hmm is it this page: http://forums.eyesonff.com/payments.php

It seems to load fine for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Warren

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Your linking to premium.php not payments.php on the link at the top of the forums.

Garnie
07-16-2007, 01:45 PM
but that page isnt working for me

WarrenW
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Your linking to premium.php not payments.php on the link at the top of the forums.

Yup, I am. Is that not working for someone?

Baloki
07-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Yup, I am. Is that not working for someone?

Seemingly it's not working for anyone and also the way it's been coded shows us how many PM's you have and when you last logged in...

Edit: And by that I mean your account's details are being shown to everyone else

Dreddz
07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Cant you give us all the new features and bill Cid?

Ahhhh I miss the old days....

ReloadPsi
07-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Do we get to use HTML in sigs, posts and custom titles for this as well?

Linus
07-16-2007, 03:26 PM
You can Close and Open your own threads? This is dangerous.

Peegee
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
You can Close and Open your own threads? This is dangerous.

I never understood the purpose of that power, but whatever.

The link Warren posted in the above post works.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/premium.php also works, but in IE I get 'object not found' error (It's suppressed because I have the option, but some users with that option not turned off will get the error in their face)

Bunny
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I will only purchase an account upgrade when an option for virginal sacrifices appears.

Baloki
07-16-2007, 03:47 PM
The link Warren posted in the above post works.

Yes, the direct link to the part of the user CP where payments are taken works, however that's not the link that is being advertised generally so far, plus it doesn't give much details on what you actual get compared to the 'Premium Membership' page.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/premium.php also works, but in IE I get 'object not found' error (It's suppressed because I have the option, but some users with that option not turned off will get the error in their face)

I've tested it in both browsers and I get the same error of constant refreshing and incorrect user details being listed, I don't even get an option to debug in firefox which is abnormal...

Rye
07-16-2007, 05:21 PM

Yes, all current PM upgraded subscribers has been upgraded to premium member status.

Awesome! *dances*

DK
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Awesome! *dances*

This one didn't pay for it therefore shouldn't be eligible. That would be unfair to those who have paid for it. :)

Edit: Well, she PAID for it. Just not with money.

Rye
07-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Where are my super powers? I don't have them. :[ Heeelp.

Proxy
07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I think I might hit up on that.

Goldenboko
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I want to, but I dun think I could get my parents to give me their credit card to sign up for paypal for a forum I dun tell them I go to :(

If only there was some mailing address.

Yamaneko
07-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't even know what's going on, but I'll just say that if certain privileges are abused, your permissions to those privileges will be removed and your money will not be refunded.

WarrenW
07-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Okay, the refresh and wrong login detail problems should be solved. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

Fonzie
07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll have this by November, once I get my job.

Baloki
07-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Okay, the refresh and wrong login detail problems should be solved. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

Still refreshing...

Obsidian
07-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Obi is Premium now, yes he is. :D

XxSephirothxX
07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Most of the features are pretty self-explanatory, but I think you guys should post pictures of the new skins people will have access to so they know what they're paying for. :)

Rye
07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I'll take some screenies! I'll edit this post with them in a sec. :]

EDIT: Actually, it appears that they're still working on some, so I'll leave that for another day.

Flying Mullet
07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
EDIT: Actually, it appears that they're still working on some, so I'll leave that for another day.
I think you're just lazy and don't want to do it. :p

Garnie
07-16-2007, 07:45 PM
i want to join im allready for it but i still cant sign up!!!!!
allso i think its a good idea to give us a preview of what we are actully paying for! if its okie! ill get a life time membership!
as i love these forums soooo much!

Bunny
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I like the forum and all, but to be honest, I'm not willing to pay $8 to open and close my own threads. And the skins don't really do it for me either. "Virtually unlimited PM messages"? Is that like one less than infinity?

Shiny
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM

*attachment*
Cool. I don't have PayPal though.

Doomie
07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Invisible mode was available at all times for regular members, and now it has to be paid for?

Psychotic
07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Invisible mode was available at all times for regular members, and now it has to be paid for?That was just a "printing error", as it were. As far as I know, everyone will still be able to use invisible mode.

rubah
07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Do we get to use HTML in sigs, posts and custom titles for this as well?

I like the forum and all, but to be honest, I'm not willing to pay $8 to open and close my own threads. And the skins don't really do it for me either. "Virtually unlimited PM messages"? Is that like one less than infinity?

You can use HTML in signatures now. Just not all of it xD

Virtually unlimited PMs means one less than 2^16 which is somethingl ike 65k and which none of us knights have hit yet, I don't think, almost del murder and miriel might be getting close. I think it's as much as vBulliten will let you have, else it'd be more :}

Ah, 65535.

Garnie
07-16-2007, 08:09 PM
i have 361!
......200 yeats to go then!
when will the sign up page be fixed!

Shoeberto
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, the "virtually unlimited" means "as many PMs as the board software will allow a user to store." Which is a lot.

Raistlin
07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I think FS should get these perks, too. Even though I already have unlimited PMs and wouldn't use any other layout besides Classic anyway.

Rye
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I think FS should get these perks, too. Even though I already have unlimited PMs and wouldn't use any other layout besides Classic anyway.

I think you should QQ more. <3

Garnie
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
just one of the skins i REALLLY LIKE!
oh and im a premmy member now!
yay
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/garnet123/untitled-5.jpg

Fatal Impurity
07-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I think this whole thing kinda sucks...i mean first you lay out a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load of ad's to annoy us, THEN you precede to make us pay for a few extra skins and features that we probably should have anyway...all the while screwing up the membership sign up/info page?

This is madness.

Garnie
07-16-2007, 09:39 PM
well its actully okie! for us britts its only £4 for a year so why not?!!
also id just thought id say that the gamers skin dosnt work with spoiler tags! i taged a spoiler for HP and it diddnt blank out on that skin!
oh and also can anyone find me or tell me where to find a complete list of what Prem members have access and what special features we have

Old Manus
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
yay
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/garnet123/untitled-5.jpgThe resolution and Comic Sans kind of cancels all awesomeness out though.

Yamaneko
07-16-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm just not going to step down as admin ever so I can enjoy these benefits for free. With the money saved I will invest in some Slim Jims.

Flying Mullet
07-16-2007, 10:18 PM
With the money saved I will invest in some Slim Jims.
You bring a tear to Randy Savage's eye.

XxSephirothxX
07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I think this whole thing kinda sucks...i mean first you lay out a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load of ad's to annoy us, THEN you precede to make us pay for a few extra skins and features that we probably should have anyway...all the while screwing up the membership sign up/info page?

This is madness.

The extra ads have been around for quite awhile, long before anyone thought up the idea of a premium membership. And it's been said multiple times, in multiple threads, that a simple thing like using the Adblock extension for Firefox will fix that problem quite easily. As for the added skins and functionality, you'll have to decide if that money's worth it to you or not.

Old Manus
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM

This is madness.
This is EoFF!

Meat Puppet
07-16-2007, 10:38 PM
The Xmas-fluid skin calls Dr Unne a Junkie!

Garnie
07-16-2007, 11:25 PM
leave my res alone manus! i like it big and large!
not all small like coz my eyesite is cack!

rubah
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM

This is madness.

The ads were added by the last owner :p The current ones have cut back on one and tried to refine them to not be so ugly.

You don't have to pay for anything. In fact, you can just ignore the whole thing if you're going to be all whiny about it. It's for the people who would like to make use of it.

Ultima Shadow
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Let's see... I always have and always will use the classic layout. It takes me around 30 sec to just clear my PM box once it's full. The ability to open and close your own threads sounds promising, though. But then again, I rarely start threads so... nah.

Rocket Edge
07-17-2007, 12:01 AM

This is madness.
Hey, whatever keeps the site open is fine by me.

I'll sign up when I get home from holidays to support EoFF.

Bunny
07-17-2007, 02:09 AM

This is madness.
This is EoFF! THIS IS BUSINESSSSSSS!

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2007, 02:15 AM
I love you guys, but I don't love you that much o_o

I just hope us non-premium members aren't looked down upon by the premium members T~T

Fonzie
07-17-2007, 03:09 AM
EoFF is turning into IGN lawl.

Tavrobel
07-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I look down on Premium members, because I didn't waste eight dollars on the internet.

XxSephirothxX
07-17-2007, 03:27 AM
I look down on Premium members, because I didn't waste eight dollars on the internet.
Wow, people paid money to get more out of something they enjoy? How fucking unthinkable.

Bunny
07-17-2007, 03:46 AM

So how are you browsing then?

Fonzie
07-17-2007, 03:46 AM
I look down on Premium members, because I don't have eight dollars to spend in my bank account.

Fixed.

rubah
07-17-2007, 04:56 AM
we tried to pick features that would avoid the elitist waves, so that's why you don't get special titles or a special forum :p

Yamaneko
07-17-2007, 05:40 AM
I just hope us non-premium members aren't looked down upon by the premium members T~T
Don't worry, the ghettos are sufficient locales to house your people.

Fonzie
07-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Don't worry, the ghettos are sufficient locales to house your people.

I find that offensive. sea wut i did thur?

Giga Guess
07-17-2007, 05:56 AM
So when is this going to be instated?

Baloki
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
So when is this going to be instated?

Slowly over the next few weeks the way it looks now...

Tavrobel
07-17-2007, 01:06 PM
we tried to pick features that would avoid the elitist waves, so that's why you don't get special titles or a special forum :p

Your peoples have already taken Maxx Power. This is an unforgivable offense to the name of Red Mage Pirate.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2007, 01:09 PM

Really? I hope you've never purchased anything which is valuable because of the data contained therein, such as a book, movie, or album, because otherwise you would be a tremendous hypocrit.

Tavrobel
07-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Really? I hope you've never purchased anything which is valuable because of the data contained therein, such as a book, movie, or album, because otherwise you would be a tremendous hypocrit.

Nope! I follow useless ventures and do nothing all day. It's quite fun; you should try it.

Raebus
07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
yay
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/garnet123/untitled-5.jpg

If I'd be paying for skins similar to that, I'm glad I haven't become a premium member. It looks HORRIBLE.

Psychotic
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
So when is this going to be instated?It already has been.

Jess
07-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I suppose I might buy one. :jess:

Wait, can we see these skins we'll be paying for before we buy it? :)

Loony BoB
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I suppose I might buy one. :jess:

Wait, can we see these skins we'll be paying for before we buy it? :)
I think this is being looked into... wait for more news~

Vincent Valentine
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure if I'm flogging a dead horse here, but the Premium Membership page is still in a state of reloadus infinitus with FireFox.

And since I don't even have I.E. installed, that's very frustrating.

demondude
07-20-2007, 08:37 PM
The skin posted earlier is a smash bros skin. XD

WarrenW
07-20-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure if I'm flogging a dead horse here, but the Premium Membership page is still in a state of reloadus infinitus with FireFox.

Hmm, which OS and which version of firefox? I'm having trouble reproducing this.

Vincent Valentine
07-20-2007, 10:46 PM

Hmm, which OS and which version of firefox? I'm having trouble reproducing this.
Windows XP, and the last version of FireFox; 2.0.0.5 .

Leeza
07-21-2007, 02:25 AM

Windows XP, and the last version of FireFox; 2.0.0.5 .
I just tried with this version of FireFox and Windows XP and everything went as it should, except I didn't actually go so far as to pay for it.

Mirage
07-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Maybe it's because of some plug in or add-on? Try disabling all add-ons you've got installed.

Jess
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
No skin previews? :jess:

Croyles
07-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I would pay for it, if the paypal Order button would not link me to "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Chemical
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I ponder that continuously contributing* members be offered a free 1/2 - 1 year subscription as recognition for the time and effort given for specific accomplishments?
(* ie - noted leadership in creating events that unite the community, etc.)

Agrias
08-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Who wants to buy me a premium membership? :D?

Baloki
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
I ponder that continuously contributing* members be offered a free 1/2 - 1 year subscription as recognition for the time and effort given for specific accomplishments?
(* ie - noted leadership in creating events that unite the community, etc.)

They do get paid membership I was told. (But only if they have an RM title).

Giga Guess
08-09-2007, 01:18 AM
RM's get premium memberships?

Baloki
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
RM's get premium memberships?

Supposably, that's what was said in Feedback forum when Mullet asked.

Ifirit's Fury
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Skin looks good

Shaun
08-31-2007, 02:58 AM
You seriously suck big time if you're going to pay these sell-outs. You're like the damned Shinra, but sucking the goodness out of a perfectly good community. Then all the good members such as Anaisa get banned... unjust. It was a wise decision to not come here anymore. The amount of ads would probably contribute to my total bandwidth quite a lot... To think so many moderators are spending their spare time cleaning up this forum for free, for some corporate fat cat.

Hah, Cid's Knights? No, Cid's Pawns.

Loony BoB
08-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Odd. I'm pretty sure we have less ads than we used to, if not the same amount. Certainly far less than we did back in the days of "popups galore".

Old Manus
08-31-2007, 11:04 AM
You seriously suck big time if you're going to pay these sell-outs. You're like the damned Shinra, but sucking the goodness out of a perfectly good community. Then all the good members such as Anaisa get banned... unjust. It was a wise decision to not come here anymore. The amount of ads would probably contribute to my total bandwidth quite a lot... To think so many moderators are spending their spare time cleaning up this forum for free, for some corporate fat cat.

Hah, Cid's Knights? No, Cid's Pawns.EoFF. Serious business.

demondude
08-31-2007, 11:10 AM

Yeah good point Now i'm gonna leave and never come back bye guys gotta go apparently this forums crap. :(

Zeldy
09-02-2007, 01:17 AM
haha I like only just realised I had these priviledges as theundeadhero bought me a larger PM box out of the blue :) Thanks again!

The skins do look good. I'm liking visual depth atm.

Baloki
09-02-2007, 02:04 AM
I like the banners, but they just don't fit with the new styles, theres been no customisation or any work put into the new skins, looks likes a download and install job to me, even Fools Gold does it better and Fools Gold sucks :(

Fonzie
09-02-2007, 03:16 AM

It was written in the ancient rules, that the fall of an animal lover would depict the end of these forums.

WarrenW
09-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I would pay for it, if the paypal Order button would not link me to "The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Ah ha, we finally figured this out so the lifetime membership is working now. Apparantly, it didn't like recurring billing cycles of 100 years :)

Flying Mullet
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
I guess PayPal has no faith that any of us will live more than 100 years. :cry:

Croyles
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah ok so I paid via paypal/debit card and I have none of the mentioned features. So whats up with that?!
The money went through straight away.

Shiny
09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
X-Mas Fluid, blackice, and Visual depth skins look good. Though, pretty much every banner is nice. The unlimited PMing inbox is tempting. I might go ahead and get a premium membership.

Luara
09-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi All,
We're happy to announce that we've finished adding some new features and can now offer premium memberships. Some features include an adless layout, and over 13 new skins to choose from!

For more details, see: http://forums.eyesonff.com/premium.php

The cost is only $8/year, or $25 for a lifetime membership.

Not only is it a great way to show your support for EoFF, you get to play with some exciting new features.
Enjoy!
Warren

aw I have to pay.. -___-;;;

Raebus
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
*Insert sarcastic and cynical comment about paying to post on a forum*

WarrenW
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah ok so I paid via paypal/debit card and I have none of the mentioned features. So whats up with that?!
The money went through straight away.

Hmmm that's weird!! I've fixed it though.

Giga Guess
09-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Is this still applicable to RMs? I had access to the skins for a bit, but I've since lost access?

Baloki
09-21-2007, 11:20 AM
A serious question, why is this thread still here? It's not exactly doing anything anymore and problems would be better reported in Private via the Feedback forum would they not, so as not to put people off who might be thinking of purchasing one?

bipper
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Advertising Baloki.... Advertising. It has been decided we don't have enough ads in our faces XD

Baloki
09-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Advertising Baloki.... Advertising. It has been decided we don't have enough ads in our faces XD

Not really very good advertising if it's a thread full of why people shouldn't get it and people going "no thanks!" really, is it?

bipper
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM

Not really very good advertising if it's a thread full of why people shouldn't get it and people going "no thanks!" really, is it?

I never said it was good advertisement :crying: