PDA

View Full Version : Boris for Mayor of London?

Heath
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, he's put himself forward, so what do we make of it?

Personally, I think it looks like a bit of a publicity stunt for the Conservatives, thinking if they put someone forward who people seem to enough laughing at they might beat Livingstone. While I do get a laugh out of Boris (who doesn't besides Liverpool, Jamie Oliver, Portsmouth and Papua New Guinea), if he can't keep order on a topical quiz show, I can't begin to imagine the chaos that would envelope London with him charge.

Still, at least we know he'll tackle the issues that matter. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIUp19bBoA) Ah-ha-ha. Yeah, I'll shut up now.

Yamaneko
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
boris no no?

Vivisteiner
07-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Ha ha ha. I certainly hope he wont become it.

Heath
07-16-2007, 11:16 PM
boris no no?

Afraid not. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson)

rubah
07-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Oh I hoped it'd be boris no no.

Psychotic
07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
The man is a hero of mine. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74myyFgfHes) (bear in mind that this was a charity game against players in their 40's)

I would vote for Boris.

Old Manus
07-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Boris Johnson is awesome.

Iceglow
07-17-2007, 01:16 AM
He needs to be locked away the man is totally nuts.

Kappy
07-17-2007, 01:31 AM
That would be the greatest thing ever.

Random fact: That legendary feat of brilliance from Boris in mortally wounding an old German took place in my hometown's football stadium.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Boris for mayor, imo.

Let's face facts, he can't be worse than that traitor Livingstone. Most likely, being as he is Boris Johnson, London would become the greatest city in the universe. Seems to me like there's little to lose, and lots to gain.

Dreddz
07-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Boris is possibly the greatest man in existence. I know im going to vote for him. I mean, his no tolerence policy with the Germans won my vote ages ago. And who else can get away with admitting to snorting cocaine on TV and still maintaining his job as an MP.

cloud21zidane16
07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Ha ha ha. I certainly hope he wont become it.

Burtsplurt
07-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh yes. I really like the guy - okay, he's a bit of baffoon, but he's honest and a genuinely good man. I'm not too sure how he is with economics, but hey!

Boris for mayor.

Chimp
07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
boris no no?

What I first thought when I read the title.

Otherwise, who cares about London? Or England, for that matter?

Or Europe?

Odaisé Gaelach
07-17-2007, 11:06 PM
The right man to lead us back to the dark ages.

Iceglow
07-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Boris is possibly the greatest man in existence. I know im going to vote for him. I mean, his no tolerence policy with the Germans won my vote ages ago. And who else can get away with admitting to snorting cocaine on TV and still maintaining his job as an MP.

Having re-watched that episode of Have I Got News For You last night on you tube I can confirm you are wrong, Boris did not admit to snorting cocaine he admitted only that he "had tried to snort cocaine but failed" when he sneezed blowing the cocaine away... That in my opinion does not constitute admitting that he snorted coke at any point.

I still think he's as nuts as they come, Livingstone may be a traitor but what if it's a case of the "traitor" Livingstone or the complete crazyman that is Boris? Ever heard the phrase "better the devil you know"? well I think this is a good time to admit that it could turn out to be a case of this phrase needing to be said if he does win. Regardless I'd rather a 3rd person ran for mayor with any real hope of succeeding who was not too liberal/conservative/puppeteered/extremist of any wing ran and therefore provided with a SANE better alternative from Livingstone.

Dreddz
07-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Its fair to say that Boris is a joke, him being major of London is a joke, him even being an MP is a joke. But its hard not to like him and I'd love to see what other countries would think to him being major of London. And whats great about it is that he does have a chance of winning, all the big wigs who probably know whats best for London will probably vote for whoever else ( I just read an article in the Guardian explaining why the capital will go downhill if he was to become major ) but Im sure all the people uninterested in politics will vote for him, probably because hes the most entertaining thing to come from politics. As I said earlier, hes got my vote :)

Otherwise, who cares about London? Or England, for that matter?

Or Europe?

Oh you know, maybe the ones living here. Likewise, who really cares about America other than the Americans.

Jojee
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Aww I totally thought boris no no too, and I was gonna say "I'd hit it."

Well... I'd hit it, anyway ;)

Silly English people.

Cz
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Boris is a lovable scamp and a jolly good sport, but I don't think he's up to the job of being mayor. boris no no probably is, though, so if she stands she'll get my vote.

Polaris
07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
boris no no?

I also thought that :D