PDA

View Full Version : FFIX possible Sequel to FFII?

Solleks
07-17-2007, 04:32 AM
I decided to play through FFIX again, my favorite final fantasy ever. Well, I got to the part where you first meet Ramuh, and you have to give him the peices to the story...But in it, the part talking about how the adventurers had to go to the mountains, but Joseph was killed by a traitor,and Joseph's friend had to tell his daughter about the tragic news.

Well, I just remembered a long time ago back in FFII that you grouped with someone named Joseph, having to go to the mountains to get an item, (Forgot what it was, been soooo long ago.) but he was killed there by a traitor, so can this possibly be a sequel, taking place a long long time in the future?

daggertrepe
07-17-2007, 05:02 AM
I'd say no. I think that story was based off final fantasy II, but there's no future in IX.

Goldenboko
07-17-2007, 05:19 AM
I decided to play through FFIX again, my favorite final fantasy ever. Well, I got to the part where you first meet Ramuh, and you have to give him the peices to the story...But in it, the part talking about how the adventurers had to go to the mountains, but Joseph was killed by a traitor,and Joseph's friend had to tell his daughter about the tragic news.

Well, I just remembered a long time ago back in FFII that you grouped with someone named Joseph, having to go to the mountains to get an item, (Forgot what it was, been soooo long ago.) but he was killed there by a traitor, so can this possibly be a sequel, taking place a long long time in the future?

No that was suppose to be a tribute though, so good job realizing it :thumb:

Zeromus_X
07-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Yeah, it's just a reference. But nice catch.

scrumpleberry
07-17-2007, 03:29 PM
The thing is, IX is basically a fabbylicious tribute game, so there are loads of references to other games.

If I was gonna say a prequel, it would probably be I because of Garland, the 4 fiends, gurgu volcano, the dwarves and all that jazz. :P

ReloadPsi
07-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Parallel universe. Every single one of these games is. The only thing that ever stays the same is the spells and abilities, and even they like to rename themselves once in a while.

Protip: Zidane seems to remember Cloud from FF7, while at the same time finding a music box that plays music from FF3 and fighting villains from FF1, supposedly created from the Crystal's memory.

Necronopticous
07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
People mistake references for series interconnection all the time. It's the reason we have so many theoretical threads about how every Final Fantasy game takes place in the same universe over eons. Don't buy into it, it's only for your own personal satisfaction of noticing and picking up on it. Nice one.

cloud21zidane16
07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
its pretty cool the way a lot of FFs are linked together with small parts of dialouge and other storys;)

bipper
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
[x][Yes!]. It is a sequel! You have found the missing link that proves this beyond a shadow of both a reasonable and unreasonable doubt! Don't listen to the others here, they are just jealous and bitter.

Vivisteiner
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
You can always believe its a sequel.

Bolivar
07-23-2007, 09:32 PM
The theme of FFIX is memories, so every game in effect has a place in IX, and it basically connects the entire series together by saying that they're about memories, which always get passed on, that's what crystals/mist essentially are.

silentenigma
07-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Square producer 1: "hey, just for fun, let's put some references to older final fantasies into this one"

Square producer 2: "I do not believe this is a good idea; fans of the series might think that the references are canon to FFIX's storyline and use them as evidence to suggest that all the games' stories are connected in a meaningful way."

Square producer 1: "Nice run-on."

AOp
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
[x][Yes!]. It is a sequel! You have found the missing link that proves this beyond a shadow of both a reasonable and unreasonable doubt! Don't listen to the others here, they are just jealous and bitter.

Don't try so hard.

Great Sephiroth
07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
One of the many reasons for I love FFs...Every FF has a referance for other FFs. This is one of them. Still, I exciting sooo much for I see Gilgamesh in FFXII...

Crossblades
08-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I never would've realized Ramuh's story was related to FF II if you haven't said anything. Nice reference