PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a Virus what's wrong?

Ashley Schovitz
07-17-2007, 10:29 PM
About two days ago on my computer while I was trying to watch a trailer at gametrailers and moved the screen suddenly the computer went all slow on loading really not that unusual, but then suddenly the screen flashed a couple of times and when i tried to close the window an error sign popped up saying something aboiling to shutdown or something like that and then the internet screen popped up again and I noticed that all the colors were scrambled and they stil are the boards on Eyes on FF are grayish and the banner is all spotty. I thought restarting the computer would fix it and after trying about 6 times to shut it down with the keyboard and mouse it finally shut down, but when it restarted everything's still the same the colors are scrambled and blurrish and every image and toolbar is large what's going on what's up with my compute?

Basic123s
07-17-2007, 10:33 PM
You mentioned that the toolbar is large?

I think you may have some sort of adware/spyware on your computer which may also explain why that trailer took so long to load.

Ashley Schovitz
07-17-2007, 10:36 PM
It never even eded up loading and just about everything on the screen is large internet or off.

Basic123s
07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
It never even eded up loading and just about everything on the screen is large internet or off.

Uh can you better explain what that "large" is?

Still, so far, I still believe that you may have problems with adware/spyware. They can still wreck havoc even if your browser is off.

Discord
07-17-2007, 11:13 PM
1. Go here: Dr.Web - innovative technologies for information security. Antivirus & antispam protection. (http://www.drweb.com/)
2. Install the demo version
3. Find out
(4. Tell us the results)

It's always a joy when you click on delete/repair while selecting a list of 55 viruses.

MecaKane
07-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Something happened to change the display to low-res, low color depth. That's why things are big and colors are weird.
I have no idea why, but you can change it in the desktop properties>settings category.

Discord
07-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Something happened to change the display to low-res, low color depth. That's why things are big and colors are weird.
I have no idea why, but you can change it in the desktop properties>settings category.

That's most probably correct. Run a scan anyway, it never hurts.

Lawr
07-18-2007, 06:28 AM
I jacked up the school computers like that once, but it probably is just the resolution on your screen.

OOC-What does that Degauss stuff do? On some monitors, it's and upside down horseshoe with a slash through it.

crono_logical
07-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Degauss is meant to re-cancel interference CRTs are getting from external magnetic fields such as the Earth's, so the picture is no longer slightly distorted or off-colour in part of the screen :p

Ashley Schovitz
07-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Sorry I haven't just answered til now, just haven't been using the computer because I was afraid something would happen and thanks for the advice MecaKane it fixed everything, well it still is running a little bit slower than usual.