PDA

View Full Version : comics

sir helix
07-18-2007, 12:55 AM
does any one make comics? i do i made a comic book series for my freinds at school. its called ~negumie boom~ it about a magic teacher (vaandrake) and his two students (nick and zelly) who use a type of magic called scrolling. but wile vaandrake is on a mission to gods tear lake he meets a vampyre girl named marymo and she bites him leading to a funny love story with plenty of violence

Slade
07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah I've always made comics. My latest ones are titled Stereotype Street. They are single page silent narratives that always star different stereotypical characters in cliche storylines. I have a lot of fun drawing them because I can let my imagination go wild. I've done a few serious style comics too, more along the lines of manga I guess. The last one I did that was serious was called Rita287, unfortunatly, I never got past the 8th page and it's still waiting in be finished. I kind of got bored.

Comics are great. I urge anyone who can draw relatively good to give them a go.

scrumpleberry
07-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Ug, I've tried doing about 3 cliché mangaesque comics.

The first set was about a girl who lost her eye and she couldn't remember how, so she sets off on an adventure with a cross-dresser and a cat-person to find the genie who can telll her how she lost her eye, and it is revealed that the cross-dresser is actually a boy and is the son of the genie, and the girl is Fated to Overcome Evil or something, I can't really remember. I just looked back on the first page after doing about 5 and was so disgusted with the quality I chucked it.

The second set was a weird alice - in - wonderland type thing where a girl falls through the floor of her house in a quaint FFIVesque fantasy world into a much darker, weirder world plagued by evil spirits who have ALSO implanted a communist regieme except for a spunky underground resistance movement, of course, and she has to save the latter from the evil spirits in order to return home to her grandma in the first world, who was originally a sage from the second world who accidentally let the evil spirits free. Original, I know. :rolleyes2: Again the quality of the artwork was so bad I just chucked it as soon as the girl falls through to the second world.

The last one was a cliché fantasy about a Hero With Amnesia called God (don't ask) who has to save the world along with a few other sickening stereotype characters. And it turns out he is the Villain's Brother! OMG, I know, original plot twist! I actually kept up with this one for about 90 A5 pages - not inked or coloured - before I decided I hated the art and gave up on it.

So yeah, thats what happens when I try to do comics.

Rengori
07-27-2007, 05:52 AM
I used to make sprite comics (DON'T LEAVE YET!), one based on FFVI and the other was completely custom made. I quit for both various reasons, but I'm still proud of the latter one (http://www.drunkduck.com/Anything__Goes/).

Vermachtnis
07-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I used to have this odd one called "Ghost Girl." It started out as the main character getting very hurt and having to go to the hospital. There he has an out of body experience and meets this other girl who he assumes is having an out of body experience as well. They play pranks on people. He get sucked back into his body. The injury wasn't too bad and is sent home. At school the next day he tells his friend, Rachel about what happened. Together they go to the hospital to find who the Astral Projection belonged to. There they find terrible news that the girl died long ago. The ghost comes to the main character in his dream. Tells him, her story and her name is Maria. The next day at school he and Rachel meet the new exchange student Kari. She claims to be a medium and stamps the main character with Tarot Cards...from Wal*Mart. They work...somehow...and Maria appears in the physical realm.

But because they are from Wal*Mart it fails and sucks all four of them into Pandimonium. There they get mystical otherworldly powers. The main character gets a Tao Blade, Rachel gets Tao Gauntlets, and Kari's Cards become useful. Maria can heal in Pandimonium.

There they have misadventures until they uncover a plot involving Lucy, a Physical Plain business Tycoon and Belphegor, a High Class Devil. They form a pact and Hell literally breaks loose on Earth. With the two demensions so close to each other the four can use powers everywhere. They defeat Lucy and Belphegor steals her soul and starts ripping souls from everyone. He becomes a Legion. Soon everyone in the world soulless. Maria, being a ghost and "living" sacrifices herself and gives the main character her soul and powerful Tao Sword. He then engages the Legion Belphegor. After a fierce battle he wins. Having no power and the worlds torn apart again. Maria leaves the physical plain.

I ended it there. I wanted it to be a funny comic about the misadventures and have harem comedy vibe between the cast. But the Lucy/Belphegor thing got out of hand and too serious. So I ended it and Rachel and Kari didn't get enough character development. Sorry for being so long winded.